Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837033 times)

Sayuri

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #775 on: 2015-02-22 03:33:03 »
Hi again!
I tried after patching, it did the trick for getting the right fight but there is now an issue with that fight, this time Sephi doesn't attack at the start in the same manner as the Mimic fight.
Hopefuly this time it's the good one :D.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2015-02-22 03:59:01 »
That fight is busted too? Alright, I'll check it out. (Someone shoot me)

Edit: Checked Sephiroth's AI; he has somehow managed to acquire Vincent's AI. Another patch it is then :I

Edit 2: The new scene.bin hotfix patch is up.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-22 04:47:14 by Sega Chief »

Sayuri

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2015-02-22 07:17:59 »
That fight is busted too? Alright, I'll check it out. (Someone shoot me)

Edit: Checked Sephiroth's AI; he has somehow managed to acquire Vincent's AI. Another patch it is then :I

Edit 2: The new scene.bin hotfix patch is up.

Everything is now working :D. Thanks a lot !

Edit : In Junon, the materia Comet can be picked up infinitely, it says you're full of materia but you still pick it up without the materia disapearing.
Edit 2 : In Gelnika, Unknown and Unknown 2 are being bugged in the same manner, don't know if the others are bugged too, didn't encountered them yet (I guess I'm unLucky to find all of those case in my walkthrough). It happens right after they do a move that trigger a weird change of camera.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-22 12:09:12 by Sayuri »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2015-02-22 13:07:53 »
I think you're the first person to mention finding the Junon Comet Materia (otherwise someone would have reported that they were getting infinite pick-ups of it by now). That was put there as a fail-safe in case people failed the Corel Train segment way back in the first release of the mod. Should be simple enough to fix that up.

The Unknowns were given an AI revision for this release so something must have gone wrong there, probably an attack not set properly. I'll get the Gelnika sorted ASAP. Appreciate these bug reports by the way, and thanks for being patient.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #779 on: 2015-02-22 14:00:21 »
I'm going to hold off on the 7H update until we finish ironing out the bugs. If you wouldn't mind sending the patches my way via PM, that would be great :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2015-02-22 14:28:59 »
No problem; I've been doing another round of testing and found a few other things that needed fixed (along with some niggling issues that've been bugging me since the beginning, like the bad scrolling on the Highwind). I'll get it all tied up and then send them across.

Sayuri

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2015-02-22 15:45:01 »
I think you're the first person to mention finding the Junon Comet Materia (otherwise someone would have reported that they were getting infinite pick-ups of it by now). That was put there as a fail-safe in case people failed the Corel Train segment way back in the first release of the mod. Should be simple enough to fix that up.

The Unknowns were given an AI revision for this release so something must have gone wrong there, probably an attack not set properly. I'll get the Gelnika sorted ASAP. Appreciate these bug reports by the way, and thanks for being patient.

I don't mind it at all, love all this bug finding, kinda like my only way of giving any contribution to the mod :).

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2015-02-22 16:28:43 »
hey sega chief

great job on finding all the bugs on this mod

and can you put updating on this title please, Video Installation Tutorial + Gameplay Trailer

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2015-02-22 16:33:21 »
Every bug fixed is a step closer to the end.

That's the updated files up now (I'm calling these patches 'v3' to distinguish them from the ones made earlier today). Here's what was fixed:

Scene
-) Enemies 'Unknown 1 & 2' AI set correctly
-) Serpent enemy given new AI overhaul (long overdue)

Flevel
-) Corrected Great Glacier map issue on one field screen (the secret one which leads into Snow's Cave for Alexander Materia)
-) Corrected a minor issue with Highwind scrolling when transitioning to the bridge with a different party leader
-) Refined the counter-measure against the party leader swap - World Map saving issue by locking Cloud and Tifa in PHS depending on who has been made party leader (should now be impossible to make the glitch occur, even if done intentionally)
-) Fixed an issue where having different party leaders when triggering the Dark Cave sidequest could lead to wrong dialogue and a softlock
-) Fixed a Question text alignment issue with the Brawler Bracket in the Junon Leagues sidequest
-) Very minor text issue where a quotation mark was out of place for the Special Battle unlocking dialogue

hey sega chief

great job on finding all the bugs on this mod

and can you put updating on this title please, Video Installation Tutorial + Gameplay Trailer

I wouldn't say all of them; there's always another bug. But for now, we've cleared out some critical ones and corrected some niggling minor ones so we'll hopefully be clear for a while.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-22 16:35:33 by Sega Chief »

indrema

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2015-02-22 20:11:14 »
Hi Sega Chief, IMO Air Buster boss is wrong oriented, can you check?
And, TNX for this great mod!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2015-02-22 20:48:53 »
You mean his turning and facing? That's unfortunately how he was in the vanilla game as well and might be a limitation of his design; I tried to fix it once but wasn't successful (if anyone has been able to fix Air Buster's turning facing then please get in touch, I'd be interested in that fix). The thing to remember is that the direction he's visibly facing isn't necessarily the actual direction he's facing. He'll instead be 'facing' whoever attacked him last with a physical attack.

cicadian

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2015-02-23 20:33:10 »
Hey I'm having trouble finding Lv4 Suicide, is it still on Mu/Trickplay? I can't find any Mu and Trickplay isn't using it.
Also Black and White Megaphones appear to not be using their listed effects, I can try using them again. I know for sure at least that the Barrier one was not working.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2015-02-23 22:14:54 »
It's still on Mu; they're a rare encounter in the chocobo ranch area (try running around on the darker grass rather than the light green, that might be what it is). Trickplays don't have L4 Suicide, but I could give them this skill the next time I make a patch. I'll look into the weapons as well and maybe give them a different effect if needed.

Quick note; a message isn't playing for the Dark Cave sidequest that could make things unclear. Before trying to climb the wire up to Shinra HQ, remember that you need to find all of your party members first (the message was a prompt for that).

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2015-02-23 22:25:13 »
hey sega chief

how hard did you make the dark cave sidequest

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2015-02-23 23:17:48 »
I was specced against lv.70 parties so it'll be pretty tough. While maybe one or two of the Extra Battle monsters are slightly tougher in terms of raw power the Dark Cave as a whole is quite vicious. If you're planning to tackle it, I'd recommend waiting until you're at least Lv.60 with some decent equipment and to make a separate save file just in case you have trouble clearing it.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2015-02-24 20:46:35 »
hey sega chief

do i need to uninstall ff7 from steam to install your new updates on your ff7 NT Mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2015-02-25 01:08:37 »
No, all you need to do is run the patcher. A re-install isn't necessary.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2015-02-25 17:22:05 »
hey sega chief

is there anyway you could add sephiorth as a playable party member on your mod please

thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2015-02-25 17:37:30 »
I could, but it would be awkward both mechanically and from a story perspective. Sephiroth himself isn't 'complete' and lacks a lot of animations like Item use and probably Slash-All, Deathblow, etc. Not to mention he'd need to overwrite Vincent so handlers would be needed to cover that.

Sayuri

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2015-02-26 22:07:52 »
Hi again !
Just passing by to say that I'm finding myself enjoying all the new stuff now that I am in Disc 3, I was so frustated amused by all those fake materias all around the normal walkthrough, nice jokes overall (poor Scorpion Boss too). Also isn't there an error with some LB like Cid Lv3 Big brawl ? It just doesn't seem to do any damage sometimes (like there is no numbers/sounds trigger at all) and one of the extra battles (the one with the ships, I really can't remember the names >.<), dunno if it's intended but some of the enemies doesn't die/disapear.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2015-02-26 22:31:56 »
Big Brawl seems a bit strange. I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't seem to pop numbers properly; thing is, the mod doesn't alter the .exe in any way (unless the 7H version was given the experimental .exe patch but not sure) so I'm not sure if that's always been there for the PC version or if it's just something that's popped up for the mod. Satellite Beam seemed a bit strange sometimes too. And whetever you do, avoid using Hyper Jump if possible as that's definitely known to cause occasional crashes on any version of the game, including vanilla.

The ship battle must be acting up; I maybe missed something in the AI for the death counter. I'll get it fixed up; is the battle rendered unwinnable or do the 'defeated' ships just kind of hang out?

Sayuri

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2015-02-27 10:11:35 »
Big Brawl seems a bit strange. I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't seem to pop numbers properly; thing is, the mod doesn't alter the .exe in any way (unless the 7H version was given the experimental .exe patch but not sure) so I'm not sure if that's always been there for the PC version or if it's just something that's popped up for the mod. Satellite Beam seemed a bit strange sometimes too. And whetever you do, avoid using Hyper Jump if possible as that's definitely known to cause occasional crashes on any version of the game, including vanilla.

The ship battle must be acting up; I maybe missed something in the AI for the death counter. I'll get it fixed up; is the battle rendered unwinnable or do the 'defeated' ships just kind of hang out?

The fight is winnable and they do hang out/wait for their boss getting killed ^^, it just takes some useless hits from multi attacks and kinda mess with the target cursor.

Edit: While I was looking for Tifa's sidequest (wich I still don't know where to look for), if Tifa is currently leading the party, in her house her sprite don't show up, like you're invisible, thank god mister cursor is here.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-27 11:21:25 by Sayuri »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2015-02-27 13:38:34 »
Thought I'd fixed that one. I'll look at it again.

Sayuri

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2015-02-27 14:29:55 »
Last post for me today, seems like lucky pill doesn't work unless it doedn't work against the last extra battle. Sorry for giving you more work :'(.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2015-02-27 21:09:46 »
hey sega chief

is there anyway you could enable the save anywhere feature on your mod please

thanks