Author Topic: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5 - unsuported anymore  (Read 385053 times)

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
My full pack is based on 98 version, steam is just needed for validation of the intallation, and it's using psf for base music oob ^^
But when I try to install on a plain 98 installation folder, it says it can't detect the Steam version and does not let me install.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
But when I try to install on a plain 98 installation folder, it says it can't detect the Steam version and does not let me install.
Yes you need the steam version for verification, you can't install this full pack OOB without steam version.
If you want to use my work with 98 version, 7th or manual installation are the ways to go

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
Are there any instructions for manual installation or at least a command line just to extract the assets from the pack?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
you can extract iros with 7th heaven

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
Are there any instructions for manual installation or at least a command line just to extract the assets from the pack?

I'm gonna try something similar. Found this tool.
https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18653.0
Check it out.

Reeve

• View Profile
Hello.  :)

First of all, thank you very much for this Satsuki Yatoshi Mod, is amazing in all aspects!

Second, I have some doubts, I would be glad if you can help me:

- The game runs well in my PC less when you are in the forgotten city and find Aerith, you know THAT moment. There are many slowdowns in that zone, any way to fix it? I did try with OpenGL, Direct3d11 and less resolution (even 1x) but nothing.

- I did try the No Chibi FMV videos of DrLilo, and all work fine less the one that Tifa jumps to the Hiwghind rope and the parachute in midgar, any way to do that these videos works well here? It would be amazing have it for better inmersion.

- And finally, I want to play the New Treath mod, my game version is spanish, this mod is compatible with that?  Very difficult to install here?

Thank you very much for all the help!

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
I'm gonna try something similar. Found this tool.
https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18653.0
Check it out.
Thank you for this. It worked perfectly with SYW iros and the installation was simply moving the files to the mods/textures directory.
« Last Edit: 2021-11-15 18:43:15 by ssjkakaroto »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hello.  :)

First of all, thank you very much for this Satsuki Yatoshi Mod, is amazing in all aspects!

Second, I have some doubts, I would be glad if you can help me:

- The game runs well in my PC less when you are in the forgotten city and find Aerith, you know THAT moment. There are many slowdowns in that zone, any way to fix it? I did try with OpenGL, Direct3d11 and less resolution (even 1x) but nothing.

- I did try the No Chibi FMV videos of DrLilo, and all work fine less the one that Tifa jumps to the Hiwghind rope and the parachute in midgar, any way to do that these videos works well here? It would be amazing have it for better inmersion.

- And finally, I want to play the New Treath mod, my game version is spanish, this mod is compatible with that?  Very difficult to install here?

Thank you very much for all the help!

-Some screen of the game with needs to load a bunch of files very fast, this screen is on of them, the only way not to have frame drop here is to have a decent computer with nvme ssd.
-The FMV are only video file, if the encoding is right, no bug >> ask to the modder of those FMV.
-NT mod is make to be used this 7th or manual install only, no support from me for my AIO pack
« Last Edit: 2021-11-17 03:15:34 by satsuki »

Reeve

• View Profile
Thank you very much.

The problem is that I think that DrLilo is not online these days. Both videos are the ones where you can control the character. It would be amazing if anyone with video editing knowledge could fix them for this mod.

I will search the AIO pack.
« Last Edit: 2021-11-16 23:31:24 by Reeve »

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
Thank you for this. It worked perfectly with SYW iros and the installation was simply moving the files to the mods/textures directory.

Yeah it wasn't too bad. I was able to organize Satsuki's textures into one big textures folder in the root. Satsuki also had some lgp files, which I manually put in the data folder, making backups of the original, since I'm using Linux, and the overwrite and direct folders don't work with Wine. Works pretty good. I'm not sure what the point of moviecam.lgp is? The movie camera when the fmv plays? "cd" and "movies" had their own moviecam, so I think cd was just for those short transitions to fmvs that happen a lot throughout the game. PS1 games were something huh? So many transitions from in engine to cinematics. You won't find that stuff nowadays.

GameMusicMaker

• View Profile
    • http://mikec.msrc.sunysb.edu
Is there a tutorial for modding a Linux Steam version of the game?

leatitia

• View Profile
Could you also upload the modern 3d model and psx music iros to make the iros package complete? They are included in the installer but not as iros.

klu93

• View Profile
Yeah it wasn't too bad. I was able to organize Satsuki's textures into one big textures folder in the root. Satsuki also had some lgp files, which I manually put in the data folder, making backups of the original, since I'm using Linux, and the overwrite and direct folders don't work with Wine. Works pretty good. I'm not sure what the point of moviecam.lgp is? The movie camera when the fmv plays? "cd" and "movies" had their own moviecam, so I think cd was just for those short transitions to fmvs that happen a lot throughout the game. PS1 games were something huh? So many transitions from in engine to cinematics. You won't find that stuff nowadays.

How did you use the Ironite tool? Did you run it with wine? And are you using FFNX as well?

DeliciousWhales

• View Profile
How can I install this without Cosmo sound effects? I just want original game SFX.

If I install this mod by itself, I have no SFX at all. The only way to get SFX is to download and install Cosmo and put it higher in the load order.

But actually I don't want any change to the sounds. I have tried setting 7th Heaven driver setting to "Original sounds.dat" but it has no effect, and I still get no sounds or cosmo sound effects as above.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Could you also upload the modern 3d model and psx music iros to make the iros package complete? They are included in the installer but not as iros.
Here's the source for 3d models and psx musics:
https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0
https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19967.0

How can I install this without Cosmo sound effects? I just want original game SFX.
If you use my AIO pack, just don't check the cosmo part, if you use my iro it's not providing any sound, so you should have original sfx, if not, it's a 7th question, nothing i can do here

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Hey Satsuki does this include all of Aavock's enhancements to fonts and Chocobo area/signs for English version? I'm using the IRO.

Sails

• View Profile

I went from 5.24 to latest with a full FF7 uninstall in the middle to hopefully stop this train text from overlapping but it's still happening. What am I doing wrong? My settings are as follows;

Also noticed that the upscale obliterates the area around the TV outside Don Corneo's.

« Last Edit: 2021-12-25 19:36:33 by Sails »

jlewis6159

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I'm 38 years old and VERY new to PC gaming. I love FF VII though and got a steam account after discovering all the amazing mods that people have been creating for the game. I'm blown away that this kind of thing is being done by "amateurs"; it's truly awesome to see all the work and care that people are putting into preserving this piece of pop culture history.

My question: Is there a place where version 4 of the Satsuki mod is still available? I ask because my PC is a bit old and can't run the newest version of 7th Heaven or V5 of Satsuki. I'm currently using an older model of 7th Heaven and some of the Qhimm 3.0 mods and while those are a great upgrade on their own I'd still like to see what SWY can do.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and BIG thanks for all the work everyone's put into this!

EDIT: OMG! Figured out V5 on my computer. Please delete this post, and THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: 2021-12-29 17:21:57 by jlewis6159 »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@olearyf2525
iro's are based on english version, Aavock part too.

@Sails
this text overlaping is realy strange, are you using anything other than my pack to mod the game ? could you try to change the "graphic engine" and check the result
the inconstitency of the animation in fields can appens, i thought i corrected them all, i'll correct than asap, i don't have much time atm ^^'

@jlewis6159
Have fun ^^

Guyryu

• View Profile
Hello there. Satsuki, your mod is awesome and the only one I get to work, but I'm getting some issues, probably related to my RX 580 ATI video card. The fact is, it only runs smooth with Vulkan api, with D3D11 the screen keeps flickering all the time that it makes impossible to see anything clearly, D3D12 get sound but no video, D3D9 it won't start at all and OpenGL it crashes on startup. The curious thing is, the first time I run the game after installation, with OpenGL it runs fine, as with Vulkan, but when I close and run again, it crashes. The problem with Vulkan is, as the message box says, it may crashes sometimes, and, no surprise, it does, a lot. Any solutions on short time, or just on future updates? And there is another problem, I have 40 years old, so, you could imagine I've played when was a teenager, so, today, grinding and farming is a nono, so I was trying to use some trainers, but no one works. Any tips? Thank you for everything.

Sails

• View Profile
@Sails
this text overlaping is realy strange, are you using anything other than my pack to mod the game ? could you try to change the "graphic engine" and check the result

I'm not using other mods.  I reinstalled again and the overlap bug still happens in Vulkan, D3D12, and D3D11. D3D9 and OpenGL aren't playable for me. I have an Nvidia GTX 1080 if that helps diagnose. Turning off "HD Fonts and Menus" works around it. I understand that fixes take time, hope you're having a happy holiday! :)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Try clean an updage your graphic driver but most amd driver are crap.
The best way to avoid farming is to edit your savegame with black chocobo : http://www.blackchocobo.com/

Guyryu

• View Profile
I updated the driver to the recommended version recently, and I agree, didn't know these problems with AMD drivers and kind of regret didn't get a Geforce card instead. Thanks for the help with the save editor. Hope you can solve the bug with the driver so everyone can enjoy your marvelous work. Thank you.

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
I updated the driver to the recommended version recently, and I agree, didn't know these problems with AMD drivers and kind of regret didn't get a Geforce card instead. Thanks for the help with the save editor. Hope you can solve the bug with the driver so everyone can enjoy your marvelous work. Thank you.
This issue is related to FFNx, not Satsuki's mod.
https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/discussions/299
I don't think they'll fix it any time soon.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
it's not FFNx related, it AMD driver related ^^, but yes it won't be fixed anytime soon T_T