Author Topic: 60fps menus mod crashes the game on new 7th Heaven version  (Read 1133 times)

Forte224

• View Profile
I've always had great success using 7th Heaven in the past, and still do. However, I always liked using the old 60fps menus mod that restores the menus to the PS1 version frame rate so I can do Tifa's slot reels properly. However, I recently updated 7th Heaven and FFNx to their latest stable versions, and now I can't even get the game to start when I have this mod enabled. I've even tried two different versions: "This Mod Are Sick" and "Animations - Qhimm Catalog". When I use either, I get a game crash error as soon as 7th Heaven tries to boot the game.

Is there any way to get this to work again? I've tried disabling every other mod except the 60fps menus, I've tried reinstalling 7th Heaven from scratch, using the Canary builds, messing with all sorts of settings in Game Driver, etc. and nothing has worked for me.

Also, I know there is a brand new 60fps mod but I'm not really a fan of how the animations look with that on. I really just want the battle menus to be 60fps and for everything else to stay vanilla regarding frame rate. Any help would be appreciated.

I've always had great success using 7th Heaven in the past, and still do. However, I always liked using the old 60fps menus mod that restores the menus to the PS1 version frame rate so I can do Tifa's slot reels properly. However, I recently updated 7th Heaven and FFNx to their latest stable versions, and now I can't even get the game to start when I have this mod enabled. I've even tried two different versions: "This Mod Are Sick" and "Animations - Qhimm Catalog". When I use either, I get a game crash error as soon as 7th Heaven tries to boot the game.

Is there any way to get this to work again? I've tried disabling every other mod except the 60fps menus, I've tried reinstalling 7th Heaven from scratch, using the Canary builds, messing with all sorts of settings in Game Driver, etc. and nothing has worked for me.

Also, I know there is a brand new 60fps mod but I'm not really a fan of how the animations look with that on. I really just want the battle menus to be 60fps and for everything else to stay vanilla regarding frame rate. Any help would be appreciated.

Your best bet would probably be to get in touch with the mod author if their still around somewhere. The older 60 fps mod had to be updated IIRC when 7th Heaven updated. I agree that the 60 frame animations aren't ideal & not everything's been updated last I used it. Some fights at the glacer the game started moving at a crawl for some reason & it wasn't because my computer can't run the game ;D but I still appreciate the work put into it.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Did you try full 30FPS by double clicking and configuring the mod, is it of your taste? Otherwise you might want to ask in Discord.

But a bit of nit-picking request IMHO, we got a brand new real full-60fps mod now as you just said.

Did you try full 30FPS by double clicking and configuring the mod, is it of your taste? Otherwise you might want to ask in Discord.

But a bit of nit-picking request IMHO, we got a brand new real full-60fps mod now as you just said.

I think the issue they're having & one I have also is they prefer the 15 frame animations, & just wish the menu itself was at 60 fps.
I personally don't mind the mod but I've had issue's with it in later battles with certain monsters at the north pole. I don't have that save anymore so I can't test from that point but I have another now in the Junon region & might turn that mod back on just to test it again but I don't believe it's been updated since I've last downloaded it.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions

Post a screenshot of your mod list, 7H version number and FFNx version number.

Forte224

• View Profile
Post a screenshot of your mod list, 7H version number and FFNx version number.
Sorry, I missed the notification that I got a reply. My 7H and FFNx version are both up to date on the Stable side. As for the mod list, I have tried shuffling it all over the place, and I've even tried disabling literally everything except 60fps and it still crashes, as indicated by the image.

As regards nit-picking and the "Full 60fps mod", it's not my thing. I personally don't think there's anything nit-picky about wanting the battle animations to play at their original frame rate while the menus play out at their original frame rate. Granted, I'm not here to debate that and I'm rather here to figure out why a mod that used to work for years doesn't work anymore. Any help is appreciated.

« Last Edit: 2023-10-16 22:12:40 by Forte224 »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Sorry, I missed the notification that I got a reply. My 7H and FFNx version are both up to date on the Stable side. As for the mod list, I have tried shuffling it all over the place, and I've even tried disabling literally everything except 60fps and it still crashes, as indicated by the image.

As regards nit-picking and the "Full 60fps mod", it's not my thing. I personally don't think there's anything nit-picky about wanting the battle animations to play at their original frame rate while the menus play out at their original frame rate. Granted, I'm not here to debate that and I'm rather here to figure out why a mod that used to work for years doesn't work anymore. Any help is appreciated.

That old animation mod just won't work with the new game driver.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
First of all, all your mods are NOT up-to-date. Disable all the mods labelled "Qhimm Catalog" as they're old and deprecated, plus you will get no support for those and any other mod which is NOT present in the "Browse Catalog" section of 7H. Everything that was in the Qhimm mods is still available but just separated now.

Sorry about that but at the moment there is no such a mod.

You are missing many wonders & marvels: see the must install mod list. Monstrous real generational leaps. Check it out.
« Last Edit: 2023-10-17 11:28:31 by Kuraudo. »

Forte224

• View Profile
First of all, all your mods are NOT up-to-date. Disable all the mods labelled "Qhimm Catalog" as they're old and deprecated, plus you will get no support for those and any other mod which is NOT present in the "Browse Catalog" section of 7H. Everything that was in the Qhimm mods is still available but just separated now.

Sorry about that but at the moment there is no such a mod.

You are missing many wonders & marvels: see the must install mod list. Monstrous real generational leaps. Check it out.
Yeah I redid everything last night and installed some of those mods. Definitely a bummer about the 60fps menus though, as like I said I'm not a fan of the interpolated animations in the 60fps mod. It's unfortunate because The Reunion mod still makes 60fps menus work but that mod doesn't work with 7H lol. Well, hopefully someday. Until then I'll just make Tifa's slot reels automatically succeed.