Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v3.0 - Field Upscale  (Read 207551 times)

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v3.0 - Field Upscale
« Reply #100 on: 2019-11-25 19:42:36 »
OMG OMG OMG OMG so excited , is this test for the whole game or up to a certain point?

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #101 on: 2019-11-25 21:04:26 »
The whole game.

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2019-12-02 03:54:11 »
You are the best. Since I've followed your process on Twitter for a long time now it's really exciting to see how far you've come with this project :) Thank you. 

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2019-12-19 22:15:58 »
this is very slick work to see this game in such beauty, the wife actually asked me if i was alright the other night . couldn't stop smiling at my screen lol , i was wondering  tho ,people that are running the giga pixel test, as it is a test do you want us to share with you some areas we find that stand out ? not meaning to step on toes i can only imagine the work you have put in already, just a thought  :)

principealex1

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2019-12-22 08:03:19 »
Thank you for the italian version ;D

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2019-12-23 00:14:04 »
in general this French version 3 is much better than the 2 :) , but by the way I noticed that for the square and rectangular panels or some detail of the decor and for everything that is number or letter it is less beautiful even illegible compare to version 2 for the moment is the only major problem that I saw ^^
« Last Edit: 2019-12-23 00:18:21 by ff7maniac »

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #106 on: 2020-01-02 07:32:02 »
version 3 is really amazing . i wonder though if we can further enhance it the bgs by modifying the backgrounds that have text to further enhance it. 

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #107 on: 2020-01-04 03:39:48 »
You are the best. Since I've followed your process on Twitter for a long time now it's really exciting to see how far you've come with this project :) Thank you. 

Thank you. And you're welcome. :)

this is very slick work to see this game in such beauty, the wife actually asked me if i was alright the other night . couldn't stop smiling at my screen lol , i was wondering  tho ,people that are running the giga pixel test, as it is a test do you want us to share with you some areas we find that stand out ? not meaning to step on toes i can only imagine the work you have put in already, just a thought  :)

Haha. Well, I do appreciate it. :) Nah, you're fine. That's actually what I would prefer. So people can tell me if they run into anything they don't care for/can do better. "Test" also means jaggy edges.

Thank you for the italian version ;D

You're welcome. :)

in general this French version 3 is much better than the 2 :) , but by the way I noticed that for the square and rectangular panels or some detail of the decor and for everything that is number or letter it is less beautiful even illegible compare to version 2 for the moment is the only major problem that I saw ^^

For some reason Gigapixel hates text and numbers. I'm checking to see how I can improve that. Sadly that was one of the things waifu2x did better.

version 3 is really amazing . i wonder though if we can further enhance it the bgs by modifying the backgrounds that have text to further enhance it. 

Looking into it. If Gigapixel can't do it better then those fields might have to be upscaled by another program or manually touched up.

magitek

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2020-01-04 16:31:45 »
Isn't simpler to mix some parts with text from the waifu2x and photoshop only the texts/signs/numbers to the gigapixel pictures?

I still haven't downloaded as I'm waiting for the remaster version. Are the files in .png or any image format? If so I could help manually editing.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #109 on: 2020-01-04 23:34:55 »
Looking into it. If Gigapixel can't do it better then those fields might have to be upscaled by another program or manually touched up.

If someone gets those files with text from the english and other languages together, I can try my hand at one of the 20+ ESRGAN models that I have in my arsenal.

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2020-01-10 20:05:31 »

Top step , floor where the two students are standing its like there in a dip

All the lines, messy just uneven its like some crazy paving lol
Honestly so far i have not found much :)

« Last Edit: 2020-01-10 20:09:29 by gunner_1207 »

Durendal

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2020-04-19 21:38:33 »
Hello there.
I'm sorry to barge in and take a crap in the soup, but before you tweak little details, shouldn't these very important backgrounds, which are the first you see and go to really often, be fixed ?
Because that makes the entire work seem really poorly done and doesnt encourage players, or at least me, to use it....
https://ibb.co/VgwLtGb
https://ibb.co/yFHBxRD

Other than that, the work seems great !

JvFox

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2020-05-14 09:07:02 »
But this version 3.0 is a copy of the gum mod, it was said here that it was not good enough because it gave many graphic errors, as they are showing in the last comments, in fact I was mixing it with the previous version of this, replacing the backgrounds that were more defective than those of version 2.0.

Yagami1211

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2020-05-24 11:05:24 »
Now I only need this for the remaster and it will be finally a true remaster.

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2020-08-14 15:28:53 »
Heres a link for the gigapixel version of the remastered edition, there will be errors but since nobody has posted a new version here it is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVX2yYvJaGayrmLSkLYLYxoiNQIPnugr/view?usp=sharing

MartinThor

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2020-08-15 10:26:08 »
Heres a link for the gigapixel version of the remastered edition, there will be errors but since nobody has posted a new version here it is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVX2yYvJaGayrmLSkLYLYxoiNQIPnugr/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much!!! :D Really saved me the trouble of guessing the correct order haha!

nowy00

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2020-08-27 06:36:35 »
Hi, could someone upload Gigapixel v3.0 english to MEGA. I have a weak internet connnections and breaking my download form google drive. Pleeease:-)

tbcam88

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2020-09-04 06:52:48 »

Why wasn't this link made available on the main page and how/why will there be errors exactly? (I'm waiting to play the remaster with Project Angelwing - if this upload isn't quite ready for play I'd be best to continue to wait :-))

Thanks!

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #118 on: 2020-09-24 21:01:29 »
We were going to finish making the alpha cutouts better and then release that for the Remastered, but we got sidetracked with overhauling the entire mod by combining it/comping it with many various ESRGAN AI models as well - and calling the mod "Project Angelwing: Ultima".  This mod is superior to GUM and the current GP AI project, so I'm really excited about bringing it to the 2013 AND Remastered versions of the game.

For a massive amount of image previews, etc., you can join my Discord through the link on my twitch homepage at twitch.tv/mcindusmods/

tbcam88

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2020-09-25 13:28:37 »
Thanks for the info McIndus. Is there a rough ETA on when it will be available?

gunner_1207

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2020-09-25 20:27:32 »
AMAZING mcindus simply stoked for this, thank you for continuing work for the 2013 release.

AndyChrist

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2020-11-14 20:45:52 »
I used @JvFox recommendation and deleted the entry that is (18446744073709551615) -- THIS IS A BAD HASH CODE

Here is the 'fixed' file for you Spanish users.  REPLACE the current file in tonberry/hashmap/ with this one:
https://mega.nz/#!f9YTGIwQ!ZcTpxCQToWFWBYL0nIqdzpqYGrVOMj9I3mOgbUpxB-g

Heyy thanks a lot for this mod, I really appreciate it.  I was also getting the same problems and visual glitches of the Spanish version, but this new file fixed it completely for me.
I was pretty desperate trying to figure it out myself, but now I can really enjoy again the FF8 experience  :D
« Last Edit: 2020-11-14 21:02:37 by AndyChrist »

vashellsing

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2021-01-19 16:16:33 »
Hey, thank you very much I must say that it works 90% for me, since when I start the game and in some moments (like when I have to use Laguna) the image is distorted and it is impossible to read the text, I would like to know if I did something wrong, or It is a version error ... I downloaded:

Gigapixel w/Reshade
Project AngelWing v3.0 - ES

another one

The first time with Laguna

NVM, i was reading some comments, and i could fix it.... Sorry  :( :(
« Last Edit: 2021-01-19 16:39:19 by vashellsing »

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #123 on: 2021-01-29 17:23:27 »
some fixes if you have the alpha version for the remaster . im fixing some of them via trial and error  ;D
 just drop the files on your textures folder and overwrite
Alpha Fixes Here
« Last Edit: 2021-02-06 11:35:55 by faospark »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #124 on: 2021-02-24 06:55:15 »
Some Before/After Previews of 'Angelwing: Ultima' and my current baked NPC replacements!
Thanks to Patfeerick and Kaspar for their help in extracting the NPCs so that I could re-pose and render them!
HUGE thanks to Manakaiser for their work on the main bghall_1 field background re-creation!
Other work seen is upscale comps and touch-ups by me.

Click the links for before/after sliders!!

https://imgsli.com/NDE4NjM

https://imgsli.com/NDE5NTc

https://imgsli.com/NDE5NTk