Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 443293 times)

dibz

• View Profile
Does anyone know whether this project's been abandoned? It's been over a year since the original post was updated and went onto state they were putting the final touches toward getting a version compatible with the remaster released...

I live in hope!  ???

You have to look at the last edit time from the bottom of the first post rather then the "last updated" text at the top of post, which was updated much more recently. He updated his patron very recently, and the project is very much still active.

tbcam88

• View Profile
You have to look at the last edit time from the bottom of the first post rather then the "last updated" text at the top of post, which was updated much more recently. He updated his patron very recently, and the project is very much still active.

Well spotted, Sir!

I feared it had fell away into development limbo tbh...

After playing FFVII with the beautiful upscale mod on offer by Satsuki, I'm eager to follow up with VIII sooner rather than later! Props to McIndus/Fated Courage and all those involved for their time and effort in preserving what so many consider to be the holy grail of timeless video game entertainment.  8-)

lWFDl

• View Profile
I'm playing with the Anglewing mod, without FFVIII isn't really remastered. The mod is awesome!

There is a bug, during the prison break sequence, right after you rescued Zell after being chased. Irvine's head is missing and the first time Squalls textures were a mess then the game crashed. Second time, the game crashed right after Irvine appears and saves the day.

Another bug is, when you open your workstation in the Garden. the menu screen is all messed up.

lWFDl

• View Profile
So, I fixed the bug with the screen on Squalls computer myself. Damn I thought it was easy, but it wasn't because some of the textures uses had to be fixed by hand bit by bit. I don't know if it's an error with the European/German version of the game. I hope for every one else, it is...

so long...

LVaulth

• View Profile
nice stuff, thank you.

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Hey, so I peeked in on the patreon page and it seems that there was a release back in April. I've been following on Qhimm forever and I'm just wondering if we are any closer to a release here. If the only way to play this is going to be by getting on the patreon, that's cool too, you have done a ton of excellent work. So if you could can you let us know if the mod is coming anytime soon to Qhimm and if not, is there a complete and working package available on patreon? 

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Hey, so I peeked in on the patreon page and it seems that there was a release back in April. I've been following on Qhimm forever and I'm just wondering if we are any closer to a release here. If the only way to play this is going to be by getting on the patreon, that's cool too, you have done a ton of excellent work. So if you could can you let us know if the mod is coming anytime soon to Qhimm and if not, is there a complete and working package available on patreon? 

You can play it right now for free. Literally everything is complete except for Angelwing. Angelwing's alpha is available for patrons. The rest are completely available for free right now for manual install. The auto-installer has always been a paid privilege since before the Remaster. Once Angelwing is complete it will be made public for free. The auto installer will then come. Whether the installer will be made available for a one-time, or he keeps it a Patron-only, idk. That's up to Mcindus. But, it will be "paid"... But, remember, they're all free if you install them yourself. You're just paying for the convenience (and right now early access to Angelwing).

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Yeah, I should have specified- I was wondering about the Angelwing part of the mod, as it is the most significant piece for me. Just wondering if we could expect to see it completed anytime soon. Not trying to rush Mcindus, I've just been excited for this for a long time and haven't seen any posts about the progress. Does the Alpha of Angelwing on the patreon function well?

Divatox

• View Profile
Ok lets go, first of all sorry for the dumb issue =/
i used the ffviii_demaster_manager to unpack the files, creating the demaster folders and stuff.
replaced all the textures from the list.
I know that you cant hit again the "re-unpack" button, so how can i make the game load the textures?

oh im starting to play the remastered now, but i have the steam version already modded, so i only need the deling program to put all the mods i made on the remastered too right? (monsters, magics)
And i have the DLL file to make you draw 1 magic to get 100 already and will be always 100 for the whole game, can it be used too on the remastered?

btw: AWESOME work man!

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Hey, hope all is well -  so it has been about a year since I last checked in here. Any update on a release of Angelwing here, or will it only be available on the patreon?

LeonhartMB

• View Profile
Hey there! Haven't seen any updates later, even on McIndus twitter. I'm saving my first FFVIII Remastered playthrough to be played with the Lunatic Pandora mod xD
Hope to see some news soon!

ArhumMK

• View Profile
Hey there! Haven't seen any updates later, even on McIndus twitter. I'm saving my first FFVIII Remastered playthrough to be played with the Lunatic Pandora mod xD
Hope to see some news soon!

Patreon.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Yeah looks like this has become a patreon only thing  :( , it is a shame but i get it with the work they have put in

LeonhartMB

• View Profile
Patreon.

Does Patreon have the installer similar to the one we had with the original Steam version?
« Last Edit: 2023-08-01 13:06:19 by LeonhartMB »

ValentDs

• View Profile
is it only me, or the game slow down when load modded textures?

LeonhartMB

• View Profile
Hello! Is the Patreon version avaiable completed or still WIP?

Gun89

• View Profile
Current FF8 Lunatic Pandora: Remaster Mods in progress:
*UPDATED 7/2/2021*

Angelwing: Ultima (AI) by MCINDUS and Fated Courage porting to Remaster --PROJECT UPDATED/UPGRADED to ESRGAN 'Ultima' Edition!!!
-- Alpha Testing Phase --
ALPHA VERSION of Ultima RELEASED TO PATRONS - After alpha phase, mod will be made public!
ALL Fields replaced with ESRGAN + Gigapixel AI Field Textures (5+ models used), Custom background texturing and re-drawn font work by MCINDUS.
Extra contributions by Ark/Manakaiser (Bal Garden Main Hall, Gal Garden Outdoors) and Darziak (Cafeteria, Dollet Ship Mission Brief, Missile Base CPU, Balamb CPU, etc. and various font replacements, NPC placements/animations in Deling provided by Patfeerick)

SeeDRemastered UI v1.0 - all UI and icons custom created, new gradients, frames, menu's, etc. from SeeDReborn v4.1 -- will eventually contain v3.5 and v3.2 "vanilla" mod options as well.
100% Complete - RELEASED! - 'vanilla' mods progress = 25% - Multi-Language release = 35% *PRIORITY*
SeeDRemastered Fonts v1.0  - Font widths fixed and Hi-Tech Font (SR 4.1) Completed!
100% Complete - RELEASED!
SeeDRemastered Gradients v1.0  - making all SeeDReborn v4.1 gradient colors and patterns available for FF8 Remastered!
30% complete

BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1 NEW CUSTOM TEXTURES as well as ESRGAN/Gigapixel UPSCALES!
100% complete - RELEASED!!

HorizonPack: Remastered v1.1.a World Textures, World Vehicles, Maps, etc. -- porting to Remaster
ALPHA VERSION RELEASED!

FieldModelTextures v1.0.1 - ALL Field Model Textures Upscaled! ESRGAN/Gigapixel AI Comped images and minor custom texture detail for the best experience! If you are going to use Rebirth Flame or Lionheart, make sure you download the FieldModel Texture pack versions, as they are higher resolution!
100% Complete -- RELEASED!

RebirthFlame: Remastered v2.0 - Main Characters Battle Textures Upscaled -- Also includes mod versions with Squall+Rinoa texture replacements.  Can NOT edit hair polygons yet, but did a texture and color overhaul. Replaced eyes, mouth, colors, and more!
100% - RELEASED!
***Compatible with FieldModelTextures

LunarCry: Remastered v2.1 - Included are ALL of the enemies in game! ESRGAN/Gigapixel AI Comped images for the best experience! Battle models AND field models are all improved!
100% complete - RELEASED NEW VERSION 5/13/2020!! 
***THIS MOD IS DEPENDENT ON FieldModelTextures Mod being installed first!

Lionheart: Remastered v2.0 - Weapons are given updated textures.  Squall's weapons are easier to differentiate, and Seifer, Zell (new texture+color for Gauntlet), Laguna, and Kiros all have updated weapons textures! Rinoa's Shooting Star has also received a color fix, and various other tweaks!
100% - RELEASED!
***Compatible with FieldModel Textures

Tripod: Remastered v1.1 --  new high res background, updated number fonts, updated texture anim sprites, includes 2048 upscaled Tripod mod 2015 textures with new borders done by me, with new main character borders done by Hikashi!
100% complete - RELEASED!! --- 'low res' version in progress, for people without SSDs ---

==== MODS BELOW THIS SECTION NEED TO BE UNPACKED WITH A .ZZZ EXTRACTOR FIRST AND THEN INSTALLED! ====
*NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DEMASTER MODS*
Gerogero US Censorship -- FIXED in battle and all cards. DEPRECATED (IF USING DEMASTER MODS.)
100% Complete - RELEASED!!
*Included in LunarCry and FieldModelTextures pack*

New title screen (2048x2048), new squaresoft screen logo, etc. also created! Working my butt off :)

Back to work!
Thank you, Mcindus! For this mod progress, but even though I installed everything, I still see some problematic textures.
For example: The textures effects of attacks, or GFs, it’s too pixel. And in world map, after installed Horizon mod, everything look great, but the textures of Balamb Garden, or Ragnarok is not right, the same thing, too pixel.
Spoiler: show

Characters cannot blink like the original game ( In battle or when they talk in background).When squall back to his room, I see him, and he never blink, like mannequin.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
is mcindus still alive?

celestria

• View Profile
is this gona be public yet LOL

Xecty

• View Profile
Excuse me but why the Angelwing mod for FF8 not remastered is free and not Angelwing Ultima for FF8 Remastered ?

It seems we have to pay on McIndus patreon for having Angelwing Ultima

ff7maniac

• View Profile
at the beginning it was said that all the mods were going to be public and free after a few weeks after testing the final ultimate version etc but it must have been several months of it maybe even 1 or 2 years... most of the modders let fall qhimm to devote himself only to their discord maybe there is another link on the mcindus discord, I have no idea. It's like when he told me that the French triple triad mod for the 2013 version would be released in a few days and it's been years of this and still nothing. https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15301.msg258261#msg258261    there is no news on his patreon since August 28, 2022.
« Last Edit: 2023-12-21 22:47:07 by ff7maniac »

Virus1988

• View Profile
Does anyone know how to remove the black side bands? I use 1440p monitor

TrepeFC

• View Profile
This project became a private business at this point. I'm sorry to say but only FF7 and FF9 modders deserve special praise for their work <3

ArhumMK

• View Profile
It's been almost 5 years jeez...

Give it 5 more we might see the Public Beta

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Really wished the OP didn't turn tail and flee by suckering people into paying Patreon for a project that'll never be completed

no offense, but going radio silent on a project like this for almost two years is a douche move