Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 437507 times)

CYRU5

• View Profile
@Mcindus may we please have a sneak peak of the actual status of the Squall FMV mod?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Well, I guess this one makes quite a good reference.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1865436325

But it still needs a bit modification until it resembles the original...

SE should at least have tried to make him look like that if they needed to modify his appearance according to his real age and make him younger.

CYRU5

• View Profile
Well, I guess this one makes quite a good reference.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1865436325

But it still needs a bit modification until it resembles the original...

SE should at least have tried to make him look like that if they needed to modify his appearance according to his real age and make him younger.

Indeed, that one looks REALLY similar ... can't wait to see Mcindus mod!!!

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
I'm giving MCindus feedback on the finalized version for Squall's FMV mod as progress is being made. It's at 97% or so completion. Just gotta make a few more tiny tweaks and it's officially done. :)
Sadly they cannot remodel the hair just yet (The hair color was changed though, to a more noticeable brown). But the rest is golden! Even the color of his clothing was improved!
Once Squall's finished and put out there for the public to enjoy, Rinoa's FMV mod will be the next one put on the to-do list. With Zell right after that. So look forward to it! :D
P.S. MCindus feels that Quistis, Selphie, and Irvine in that order have the best looking models of the group. So if anything, those 3 will get the smallest amount of improvements, if none at all.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-18 06:11:53 by HeavensFury »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm giving MCindus feedback on the finalized version for Squall's FMV mod as progress is being made. It's at 97% or so completion. Just gotta make a few more tiny tweaks and it's officially done. :)
Sadly they cannot remodel the hair just yet (The hair color was changed though, to a more noticeable brown). But the rest is golden! Even the color of his clothing was improved!
Once Squall's finished and put out there for the public to enjoy, Rinoa's FMV mod will be the next one put on the to-do list. With Zell right after that. So look forward to it! :D
P.S. MCindus feels that Quistis, Selphie, and Irvine in that order have the best looking models of the group. So if anything, those 3 will get the smallest amount of improvements, if none at all.

thanks :D , do you know if macindus or somene else here is also working at the battle special visual effects ? you know: dust , various sparkings , and all those effects that even in the remastered are the same low-quality effects from the very first 2000 pc version :O  , with a permanent injection of those modified textures the game will be perfect , and what about the textures and models outside of the cities ? did anyone discovered were they are hidden in the remaster ?

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
thanks :D , do you know if macindus or somene else here is also working at the battle special visual effects ? you know: dust , various sparkings , and all those effects that even in the remastered are the same low-quality effects from the very first 2000 pc version :O  , with a permanent injection of those modified textures the game will be perfect , and what about the textures and models outside of the cities ? did anyone discovered were they are hidden in the remaster ?
I don't think anyone is working on the battle SFX just yet. Certain things aren't available atm, or no one has gotten around to it bc it's a large undertaking. BUT, it is one of the future goals set in stone. And for textures/models outside of cities, that i'm not sure of. MCindus has put in a lot of world map improvements, to the point of insanity. lol :P
Once they figure out how to add all of the 2013 completed mods to the remaster version, your wish should be granted then. For now, they are still figuring out the correct injection process, and good progress has been made.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-18 21:21:04 by HeavensFury »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
good good , as i remember the problem of the battle sfx were an objective since the first steam version, as for the 3d elements outside of the cities it is only a matter of wait for the moment when the location of those textures in this version get discovered , and about this , it is fucking irritating how they are hidden -.- in the .zzz archive

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
Squalls FMV mod is now completed! :) HE'S LOOKIN GOOOODDDD!!! We're absolutely sure you'll be satisfied with this lol.
He was improved upon from head to toe!
« Last Edit: 2019-10-18 22:37:17 by HeavensFury »

CYRU5

• View Profile
Squalls FMV mod is now completed! :) HE'S LOOKIN GOOOODDDD!!! We're absolutely sure you'll be satisfied with this lol.
He was improved upon from head to toe!
Oh man ... great news!!! When will it be published?? Any ETA??

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
Oh man ... great news!!! When will it be published?? Any ETA??
Up to 1 or 2 weeks i'd assume, once the QA testing is finished. Then it'll be available on Qhimm to download. But, on MCindus's Patreon you can download it now as early access for Patrons! :D
You can also check out a couple images taken of the completed version on MCindus's Twitter, or on Qhimm's Discord server. MCindus also streamed all of the work on his Twitch channel. :)
The hair color, eye color, clothing color, skin tone, and his face altogether was improved upon.
Once the 3D models can be accessed, his hair will be remodeled as well.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-18 23:39:07 by HeavensFury »

CYRU5

• View Profile

Mcindus Mod

Image from LeonhartGR

Yeah, as you've said it's NEARLY there, a couple of updates and should be done!

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
Yeah, once the hair can be fixed, it'll definitely make a big difference. Everything else is set in stone. lol
Took a lot of trial and error, but it all paid off! :)
Might not be able to make the hair 100% exactly like the original, but at least get it close enough to where it's satisfying. Especially to try and make it less spiky, and to change some bangs if possible.
Since Rinoa will be next, the focus is to make her look more like the FMV. MCindus will try to make her look a bit more "Asian" and not so "Americanized" like the Dissidia NT version, add the light brown streaks in her hair, change the shapes and color of her eyes/lips, and maybe change the color of her clothing/skin tone too. Pretty much the whole works. :P
« Last Edit: 2019-10-19 00:11:42 by HeavensFury »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
splendid, the hair are ported from the model used for the cutscenes, but they are so well placed that they don't look like they are copy-pasted on it , everything look pretty natural :O

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
it is an exceptional job , he's not jaundiced anymore , an you took that bloody smile off his face :)

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
lol

Buttsoup

• View Profile
Omg, Squall's face ! Finally a nice version of his face for the remaster !

Thank you for your hard work, with this and less ugly backgrounds in the future I'm gonna really enjoy this remaster

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
Hopefully the low battle/menu frames (15FPS) and the randomly playing MIDI music will be fixed too! :) Even the "out of place" low quality background characters need to be upgraded, bc they stand out like a sore thumb lol.
Once all the 2013 mods can be brought over to the remaster, it's going to be the most polished version of the game!
« Last Edit: 2019-10-20 06:13:59 by HeavensFury »

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
MCindus might make a v1.2 for Squalls FMV mod, if they feel like there's things that need some tiny fixing. But overall, v1.1 is satisfying enough as is. :D
One person complained that his eyebrows were a tiny bit too high (personally, i think it's fine the way it is now), MCindus noticed there was some shade/color blinking somewhere around the bridge of his nose whenever he closes his eyes for a split second, etc. pretty much nit picking fixes at this point. So it's really up to him now. He's the boss after all lol. :P
If it's an actual improvement and not something that doesn't look as good as the previous version, i'm totally fine with it.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-20 06:24:50 by HeavensFury »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
that "patreon" thing is making me worry , of course is excellent for modders when they get donations , but i really hope that it won't gradually become only a matter of donations and about let all those who don't donate completely ignored and out of the sharing of mods , i mean , the mod for the modified face of squall for now is available only for those who donated something and who know when it will get shared with everyone else , essentially i am just asking to not reserve a different treatment to those that for various reasons can't donate

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Those who can't donate won't own the remaster because of its price. You can get better games for this money.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
Those who can't donate won't own the remaster because of its price. You can get better games for this money.

of course that's not the point , i said that those who don't donate shouldn't be left with their ass on the ground , that's all , again , clearly is positive for modders to get money , but it mustn't become a matter of donations only , i mean it always worked well without have to trow money on it , there's no need to ruin it , and just in case i will point it again , i am not implying that donations shouldn't occur at all of course , i only said that they mustun't become strictly necessary

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
Well, if you want high quality mods that are constantly being updated, then i see no problem with making it a support situation. Especially when it takes a lot of effort and a long time to work on things. It's either have a full-time job on top of other irl situations that don't give you much free time to work on such mods, or have a part-time/no job and be able to put out high quality mods more frequently. If you want things early, such as all of the finished mods, then help support. :)
But, after all the mods are completed and a decent amount of time has went by, then i personally feel it's okay to open it up with a free option to the public.
For now, support is needed as things are being worked on still. :D
A pre-made package will be created for a much easier setup, while having a "pretty cheap" fee to access and download. A simpler alternative, with not as much effort required. The Lunatic Pandora mod pack.
And for the free option, you'll have to download each mod separately while setting it all up by yourself, like how it was done before.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-20 17:01:00 by HeavensFury »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
Well, if you want high quality mods that are constantly being updated, then i see no problem with making it a support situation. Especially when it takes a lot of effort and a long time to work on things. It's either have a full-time job on top of other irl situations that don't give you much free time to work on such mods, or have a part-time/no job and be able to put out high quality mods more frequently. If you want things early, such as all of the finished mods, then help support. :)
But, after all the mods are completed and a decent amount of time has went by, then i personally feel it's okay to open it up with a free option to the public.
For now, support is needed as things are being worked on still. :D
A pre-made package will be created for a much easier setup, while having a "pretty cheap" fee to access and download. A simpler alternative, with not as much effort required. The Lunatic Pandora mod pack.
And for the free option, you'll have to download each mod separately while setting it all up by yourself, like how it was done before.

that's exactly what i said damn it , clearly is ok to get donations , but it doesn't men that people who can't donate should get a different treatment, after all just because i am not a modder it doesn't mean that i bite everything that i get told , i know that it doens't take money to create a mod , so is not like all of a sudden it must become a problem for those who can't donate , we aren't all made of money , also is not like sites like this one get created because people ask for them , but because the modders know they can make it , so it isn't like all of a sudden nothing can proceed without donation , and of course it won't kill you to treat those who don't donate the same way as those who donated something

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile

that's exactly what i said damn it , clearly is ok to get donations , but it doesn't men that people who can't donate should get a different treatment, after all just because i am not a modder it doesn't mean that i bite everything that i get told , i know that it doens't take money to create a mod , so is not like all of a sudden it must become a problem for those who can't donate , we aren't all made of money , also is not like sites like this one get created because people ask for them , but because the modders know they can make it , so it isn't like all of a sudden nothing can proceed without donation , and of course it won't kill you to treat those who don't donate the same way as those who donated something
Dude simmer down a little , there has been no disparity between anyone so far , i really don't that changing in the future. we are all on the same team here, modders or not.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
Dude simmer down a little , there has been no disparity between anyone so far , i really don't that changing in the future. we are all on the same team here, modders or not.

good to know