Author Topic: Something I found on youtube  (Read 3688 times)

Cazador

• View Profile
Something I found on youtube
« on: 2010-08-24 13:42:26 »
I don't know if anyone has seen this but I just came across it on youtube, the opening video is pretty impressive but I really liked the layout of the main menu at 3 mins and 45 secs in. I don't think it would be do-able but who knows, someday.  :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeFXbKahOc0&feature=related

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Something I found on youtube
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-25 06:53:43 »
It looks nice, but only thing bad about it is that it had AC content.
Other than that, very creative that guy or gal is.  ;D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-25 17:52:41 »
This video has been posted here at least a few times. It is cool, but I'll have to agree about the AC content.

Advent Children is Advent Children. FF7 is not. Personally, I'd prefer if people wouldn't always try to shoehorn the AC designs into FF7, where they do not fit the tone or personality of the rest of the game.

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-25 18:09:10 »
Advent children was pretty...thats it...it was simply just pretty.  Square screwed us over.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-26 13:26:03 »
Yeah, I agree that AC doesn't fit the mood of FF7. Just liked the animated menu idea  :P

odeskkim

« Reply #5 on: 2010-09-01 03:33:40 »
here is something I found while I was browsing random sites. Very Interesting!!! click

mod powers activate!  link removed!  user muted!  success!
« Last Edit: 2010-09-01 03:37:31 by athleticbear »

Senti

• There's a fine line between insanity and ingenius
    • View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2010-09-01 04:44:41 »
Watching the video through showed that none of it was his own work, aside from possibly the modification to the main menu. The video was all scenes from AC, CC, and DoC spliced together. Although it was a pretty good quality splice, and the main menu he did looked good with the way it was redone. I'm almost willing to bet money he's one that has a full AC style mod for his personal version. I personally have a love/hate attitude when it comes to AC, loved the movie when it came down to the over all story and the graphics used were just amazing, insane how far the graphics have come over the years when you compare the AC CG to the really high quality ones from the original FFVII right after the final showdown between Cloud and Sephiroth. What I hated about AC, though, was just how dramatically some of the characters changed when it comes to personal stories, Barret being one of the people who was out to save the planet from the evil of Mako energy then he goes off hunting down oil fields (#1 environmentalists hate list), and Cloud goes from being a Gung-Ho mercenary type willing to do anything for the right price to a delivery boy who won't even take up a simple offer from what remains of Shinra to be the "muscle" against a few Sephiroth wannabes who are, if combined all three, MAYBE as strong as the Sephiroth from the flashbacks, minus the seeming immortality. But then, that's just my take on it.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-09-01 07:27:19 »
Well, I don't know how many of you read what he posted for the video but...

So. It's been exactly a year since I uploaded my first FFVII remake menu. And if I'm right, I may have actually been the first one who had done the start menu of VII remake back then. And my version sucked! Really, it did! ;D It was too much KH style and logo was huge and etc... I should had put more work into it, but I didnt. And on top of that, I got many comments complaining how Clouds head was weird and some "I hate Aeris!!!1 Why Tifa isnt there!!!" kind of comments too. It was... interesting.

So, now after a year, I'm uploading a brand new version of the menu of FFVII remake! And this time it's bigger and (hopefully) better. Its kinda simple too, but menus usually are. But I hope you like it. The opening vid is kinda long, but, once again, they usually are ;D (Kingdom Hearts, anyone?) And they can also be skipped.

I also wanted to avoid some obvious AC clips since everyone can see they're from AC. (Although there're still some evident clips.) That's why some characters - like Tifa and Barret - have only a small role in this. I'm deeply sorry, I just didn't have enough material.

EDIT: Oh, and just in case: I know that it was originally Tifa who drove the car while escaping but now it's Barret. Deal with it XD

ALSO, thieves can burn in hell! That note in the beginning is there so none could fool others by saying "its a real thing!!!1" like some idiots that already have. This. Vid. Is. Fanmade. Thank you.

But, enough talking! Although the vid has ending credits I'll put them here too. And also READ them, please! Everything you need to know can be found here.
-------

There really isn't very much good looking material for him to work with in the terms of video sequences. I think it's pretty good looking, personally.

MUSIC:

Intro song;
-"Fulfilled Desire"
-Composed by Kazuhiko Toyama
(Original themes composed by Nobuo Uematsu)

Menu song;
-"A life without Parole (Desert Wasteland)"
-Composed by Nobuo Uematsu
-Remixed by Dhsu

Ending song;
-"Jenova Absolute Remastered"
(shortened)
-Composed by Nobuo Uematsu
-Remixed by FinalFanTim
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8160.0

AUDIO:

Clicking noises from;
-FFVII
-The Last Remnant

FOOTAGE:

Games/movies;
- Final Fantasy VII
-Crisis Core
-Advent Children Complete
-Dirge of Cerberus
- Technical Demo for Ps3
-Drakengrad 2
© Square-Enix

PROGRAMS:

-Sony Vegas 7.0
-Particle Illusion 3
-Photoshop Cs3

VIDEO CLIPS FROM;

-Bluelaguna.net
-Foreverfantasy.net
-Silenttweak.net

MENU BACKGROUND:

-A screenshot from Advent Children Complete

LOGOS:

-"Final Fantasy 7" logo, "Square-Enix" logo © Square-Enix
-"Final Fantasy 7 logo (Remastered)" from www.insertcredit.net/ff7
-----

DISCLAIMER:

This vid is FAN MADE and is IN NO WAY associated with Square-Enix, Sony or any other company. Final Fantasy VII belongs to Square-Enix and this vid is made for fun.

Hey lookit that! he put a link to qhimm! O.o