Author Topic: Entertaining an idea  (Read 28279 times)

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
Re: Entertaining an idea
« Reply #50 on: 2010-09-08 03:49:30 »
Well I think it's a very ambtitious idea. But - I disagree with you on your battle idea. For me, this point is probably nothing more than personal preference, but I want to give you my opinion anyway. Making it the way you're describing is almost exactly the same as FF12, as sl indicated. Most people didn't like it. I would never paly the original game in a such a style, because I'm all about originality and not fixing something that isn't broke. For instance, I was a huge antagonist to seif in the Translation project, and was part of the debaucle that took place here. But that's not the point. If you're appealing to true fans, I don't think they would wanna see a different style of fighting, because that starts to change what they loved about the game in the first place. So in my opinion, leave it turn based, it will still look bad ass, and you won't be changing it from an RPG to an FPS. My two cents, and like a said - probably just personal preference.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-09-08 13:29:16 »
Well I guess every rpg game has its own uniqueness like legend of legaia's arts system or suikoden with choosing their movement but all of them can attack at once. Final fantasy 7 is unique for its choosing options like choosing attack and the enemy. Maybe add some things to it but the manner should still be the same. *my opinion*

battlemage210

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-09-09 02:22:19 »
I like Third person, but I think First person would just be interesting sometimes.

The basic question would be, is it still going to be a "Stand in front and press ____" and it happens or are we looking at a cross-hair targeting system? Also, are you thinking of implementing any animations for interactive objects, such as actually reaching out to the piano when it plays or kneeling to a squeaky floorboard?

i agree. third person is just about the only way i could play a game through, but first person would be something really cool if it were like the piano scene.. in the same token, rendering that to any attempt in a 3d format would take a total rewrite and im sure the graphical aspect could be amazing but an attempt from a group like this (no offence guys i know your all great at your own thing) would just likely be a huge upset.

Senti

• There's a fine line between insanity and ingenius
    • View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #53 on: 2010-09-14 03:54:03 »
Sorry for no updates, been down with a major sinus infection. But I'm back up and running now, picked up a new computer so I can get to work with the UDK (since the other one had crap for materials to learn the system with), and playing through FFVII again to ensure I don't leave any part of it out on my list.