Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 693117 times)

Jamers

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #400 on: 2009-07-10 12:15:18 »
jamers: are you trying to run it from the ffvii.exe or the prp.exe? It should run either way, but I personally could never run the prp from the prp.exe.
If the game runs normally without the prp, then it should run with the prp lgps renamed. if you rename the files and put them into the proper location(vista needs an admin) and run the ffvii.exe the prp has no troubles.

Interesting, I've only ever tried to run it from the prp.exe. I'll play around with it more tonight.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2009-07-10 19:39:54 »
I tend not to use the prp.exe as I kept encountering random crashes and I like using FF7Music, so the advice I would give is what's already stated. Although because I have my own custom models, I didn't just rename 00 and 01, I used lgptools to extract the files I wanted and put them in my own flevel.lgp and battle.lgp.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2009-07-17 12:57:44 »
Great update coming real soon! :wink:

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2009-07-17 18:37:44 »

I felt like the hottest chick in school just accepted my request to prom when i read that XD

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2009-07-17 23:39:40 »
you are a true gamer who has no life of his own hellbringer...and i respect and admire you  8-)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2009-07-18 02:26:00 »
you are a true gamer who has no life of his own hellbringer...and i respect and admire you  8-)

Haha, Thanks.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #406 on: 2009-07-21 02:49:33 »

you sound sooo excited! man i cant wait to c wutz up!!

RepeolRR

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2009-07-28 06:45:06 »
When I use the PRP Char LGP the game crashes when I try to start a game. The game works fine with the original file. I get this in the app log:

END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
OFFSET ERROR: ACFE.a
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE ACFE.a
ERROR: unhandled exception

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2009-07-28 07:19:45 »
you ruined your original lpg files, just try doing it over from a fresh set of files

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2009-07-28 07:32:39 »
RepeolRR i dont have this patch but i just had a look at the LGP files. make a copy of 00.LGP from this project and rename it char.lgp and make sure its in the right place and it should work.

RepeolRR

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2009-07-28 09:59:20 »
Got it working. Thanks for the help.

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2009-07-29 15:39:03 »
make a copy of 00.LGP from this project and rename it char.lgp

hello, ok 00.LGP stands for the char.lgp but what does 01.lgp stand for?
thanks

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2009-07-29 18:15:22 »
flevel.lgp

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #413 on: 2009-07-31 15:37:34 »
01.lgp is the world_us.lgp.

Senti

• There's a fine line between insanity and ingenius
    • View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #414 on: 2009-07-31 18:11:50 »
Just downloaded and thought I'd try out this mod, only problem is my original CD has been damaged beyond being able to run the game (having it for over 10 years you can expect this). A long time ago I made an ISO of the CD just incase of this happening and have been using that for reinstalling and such since, however it would not run the game without a no-cd crack. The problem I ran into with testing this mod is the fact that the no-cd patches won't work with it and it won't read from the ISO or a burned copy when playing the game. Any way that I can get around this with PRP? I'd love to check it out.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2009-07-31 19:10:38 »
Just downloaded and thought I'd try out this mod, only problem is my original CD has been damaged beyond being able to run the game (having it for over 10 years you can expect this). A long time ago I made an ISO of the CD just incase of this happening and have been using that for reinstalling and such since, however it would not run the game without a no-cd crack. The problem I ran into with testing this mod is the fact that the no-cd patches won't work with it and it won't read from the ISO or a burned copy when playing the game. Any way that I can get around this with PRP? I'd love to check it out.

If you made an iso of the original discs, just mount them to a virtual drive. A no-cd copy is illegal and shouldn't be discussed on this site.

Senti

• View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #416 on: 2009-07-31 19:22:58 »
Again, the image doesn't read for playing the game itself, keep in mind the ISO is 8 years old itself (made with the original Virtual CD), even when burned to another CD, but will install the game just fine. Was just hoping someone might think of something I haven't thought of yet to use the mod, because we all want better graphics for (in my opinion) the best single player game ever created in the gaming industry.  :-P

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2009-07-31 20:09:27 »
yeah a Nocd patch is illegal and can not be used but there is a easy way of playing without the CD and legally to. I have posted it here before but i cant remember where so i will just say it again,
First do a full install (and copy movies and stuff to your harddrive) then rename your C drive (or any drive) to FF7DISC1 or whichever disc it is you want to run, To do this go to my computer and right click your C drive then click rename. then click your start menu then run then type regedit on XP or on vista just type regedit in the search bar then go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
then you should see "DataDrive" change this to
C:\
Or to whatever drive it was you renamed. This will make the game think your hard drive is the CD drive for FF7 and it will allow you to play without the CD,

I came up with this about 2 years ago because it was anoyning having to use external programs and i really used to dislike image tools (now they arnt as bad as they used to be but since i came up with this method i have just found it easyer to continue using this method).

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2009-07-31 20:26:37 »
Wow kranmer thats sick  :evil:

Senti

• View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #419 on: 2009-07-31 21:10:23 »
Ahh, thanks, I'd known about this before but as I've moved to newer computers time and again I had just been using the patches to save time. Thanks for the reminder about that heh.

EDIT: Alright, now it's acting like it's going to load up (doesn't give CD check error anymore) but when it flashes over to the game it stalls there, no program running or anything. Anyone else come by this problem? Didn't see it in any previous posts but I could have missed it too.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-01 01:09:16 by Senti »

Senti

• View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #420 on: 2009-08-01 17:20:27 »
Sorry for the double post, but got it working finally (had to regedit some more, file paths were not right), loaded it up and first screen it's showing the background as squares with spaces between them, anyone know what the problem here is? Here's a screen shot of what's going on.
Not to mention, fatals right after first battle.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-01 17:22:54 by Senti »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2009-08-01 17:27:33 »
you're nvidia fix isn't working.

Use Aali's custom graphics driver, it'll fix the issue.

Senti

• View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #422 on: 2009-08-01 17:50:08 »
That fixed the graphics problem, thanks, but just fataled when I opened the menu up, from what little bit I've seen though looks damn good.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009-08-01 17:57:08 »
are you using the saint's high res patch? it did that for me as well, i think i fixed that by using YAMP (i don't know why but after i used that it stopped crashing when i opened my menu)

if not then i dont know what to say other than try to upload an app log

Senti

• View Profile
    • Psychopathic Studios
« Reply #424 on: 2009-08-01 17:59:43 »
Yeah, tried Saint's high res patch, then rolled it back and still doing it, I'll try YAMP.