Author Topic: Affection bug  (Read 1346 times)

Natural20

Affection bug
« on: 2012-05-04 03:11:55 »
So, finally got to the date on my playthrough of the game. I used the unlimited affection trick in the Midgar prison with Tifa to get her affection above 120 and then continued to play the game, prioritising her, then Aeris.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or is unique with my game, but when I got to Gongaga, I reacted to Aeris mentioning Zack with jealousy. I then got the line "I was hoping maybe you were." This line shouldn't be possible given that it only appears at 120 affection with Aeris or higher. Given that that isn't actually possible in the course of the game, there must be something at work here.

At the time I didn't think anything of it, but to my surprise I ended up with Aeris as my date instead of Tifa, despite all my choices favouring the latter, not the former. It's likely there's something at work which is making Aeris' affection values go through the roof, I just have no idea what.

If I need to post logs etc I'll probably need to be told how.

Thanks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Affection bug
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-04 05:31:56 »
If it is the one I am thinking of, touphscript fixes it.  See tools.

Natural20

Re: Affection bug
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-05 00:41:01 »
Reading toughscript, you can fix the tifa infinite lovepoints bug and change the lovepoints check to 40, but it does nothing to check/modify original affection values that I can see.

I'm not all that familiar with script editing though, so I could be wrong.