Author Topic: Hojo's strangeness  (Read 4630 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Hojo's strangeness
« on: 2010-06-05 17:25:05 »
I've noticed a few things about Hojo in my current play through of FF7 that i find incredibly strange:

Breeding Aeris and Red XIII

How does he plan to do that? They are completely different species, so how will they be able to? Unless he means like combining DNA?

How can he not recognise his own specimens?

This one I find really weird too. Zack and Cloud were escaped test subjects a few weeks before FF7 starts, then when Cloud appears, Hojo has no idea who he is. Cloud has to tell him half way through the game.

When you find him in Costa del sol, they way he greets Aeris is rather strange "Oh, you must be that ancient". That sounds to me like they haven't really met before. What I find even stranger is that he doesnt know Ifalna is dead.

Sun bathing in suit

Yeah, this one got me :P How can he possibly get a tan wearing a big suit like that, AND have women around him? ???

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hojo's strangeness
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-05 17:56:19 »
all explained in one easy sentence:

"Hojo is actually Mr. Magoo."

see, i told ya ;)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-05 18:07:32 »
I don't think he's blind, though.

However, he may be a more sinister incarnation of Heinz Doofenshmirtz.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-05 18:16:38 »
I don't think he's blind, though.

However, he may be a more sinister incarnation of Heinz Doofenshmirtz.

...Is it sad that I expected that? :P

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-05 18:36:37 »
Maybe he does know those stuff he just forgets since he has a lot on his mind. :)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-06 00:37:46 »
quick answer is obvious

he's a freaking psychopath, seriousely, he's gone mad with his own bloody madness

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-06 02:50:49 »
i would guess the reason he forgot (somewhat) who cloud was upon first setting eyes on him was because when he first met cloud, cloud was wearing a shinra infantry uniform and was unconscious.

as for aerith, i think he was just being belligerent.

and for aeriths mom, thats gotta be him being senile lol. He DID play a hand in that woman's death after all. =p

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-06 02:57:17 »
Guys he was obviously on vacation, and enjoying it thouroughly due to all the women around him(Which I attributed to his possible status as head scientist for shinra and the insane salary that must come with such a position)

Would you leave the beach, on vacation, surrounded by hot women, when your just some pasty science nerd that got lucky and was appointed head scientist at shinra? You have to imagine this man has NO life outside his laboratory, so when he is on vacation, I sure as hell wouldnt give HALF A DAMN about cloud and his group. Hojo has already gotten as much data as possible from aeris, cloud, and any other experiment(hes a scientist, you think he just experiments and doesnt record?) You dont think he would have dna samples of every specimen he ever had? I personally would feel like I needed a vacation and some lovely women!

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-06 16:00:50 »
Another thing, its mentioned in the game that Hojo resigned from Shinra to find where the Sephiroth clones were going...so why does he go back later on? Hes back with Shinra before he finds out where the clones were..

Kintaru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-07 08:23:59 »
because he realized he could search for the clones far easier with the resources provided by Shinra than he could on his own.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-07 19:36:34 »
Sort of as posted in my above post, you have to look at things like this from an outside perspective, or better said, a perspecivegained by learning all the information contained in and around this game so you can take a perspective based on your cumulative knowledge of the world of FF7.

Thats why I feel like hojo was on vacastion enjoying the women, even game characters have to have a real life somewhere huh?

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-06-07 20:24:55 »
i think they guys who made the game just thought it would be funny =p