Author Topic: FF7 Staffer Comments on Unused Travelling Salesman Sidequest  (Read 2934 times)

GlitterBerri

• View Profile
In a new article on GlitterBerri, I track down a certain Final Fantasy VII developer to ask him about the unused Travelling Salesman side quest cut from the game. He also comments on the making of the highly acclaimed PSX title, and details his thoughts on why JRPGs are being derided today.

"These days, development staff have been focused on emphasizing their games’ presentation. Unfortunately, as a result, there aren’t any games being made that have the power to surpass FFVII. As hardware improves, it becomes very difficult to create JRPG-type games, so I think that’s one of the reasons JRPGs have been criticized as outdated and stale by the American game media. (Certainly, much as it pains me, I can’t help but observe that present-day Final Fantasy doesn’t compare to the visuals and real-time aspect of games like Uncharted and Call of Duty.)”

(The letter is at the bottom of the page, following an introduction to the unused sidequest.)

http://www.glitterberri.com/final-fantasy-vii/letter-to-a-staffer/
« Last Edit: 2012-08-19 23:22:53 by GlitterBerri »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
No it becomes harder when you want to stick to full 3d at HD...

as I said in a major post here, the hardware itself is a major problem today with making decent games.  They are choosing presentation over design.

Jewels

• View Profile
Just the one year to make FFVII?

Presentation indeed.

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Just a heads up: your link is broken. Easily editable though. Sounds like it'll be an interesting read.

GlitterBerri

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up, fixed now.