Author Topic: A quick question.  (Read 9092 times)

deadbeat

• View Profile
    • Dead Beats
A quick question.
« on: 2009-11-04 13:12:50 »
Hi,
Firstly, I'd like to say thanks for the great work done on this site, which has helped me reignite an interest in FF7.

I have the game nicely up and running (thanks to the many great posts here!), and had a quick question about mod compatibility.

I'm currently using:
Apz Cloud
Patch 1.02
Aali's driver 0.7.1bv2
All applied using lgptools160 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I am very interested in using the 2DO/Phoenix/music mods, and wondered if they are all compatible with my current setup?

Thanks in advance

Jaylunamon

• View Profile
Re: A quick question.
« Reply #1 on: 2009-11-04 13:38:22 »
Music yes
Pheonix no, only becuase it Overwrites Battle LGP and so forth, you would have to re-install APZ and such.
2DO Im not sure

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: 2009-11-04 15:02:05 »
Music yes
Pheonix no, only becuase it Overwrites Battle LGP and so forth, you would have to re-install APZ and such.
2DO Im not sure
Really? Because I installed the 2D Overhaul (now Graphical Overhaul) last and I had the PRP patch before it and nothing was messed up.

Jaylunamon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-04 17:10:58 »
there is your anwser, I never Installed the 2DO thats why I posted Unsure

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-04 18:17:49 »
Graphical Overhaul should never mess up any other mods.

Jewels

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-04 18:36:29 »

It does? I just replaced char.lgp and flevel.lgp (renamed from 00.lgp and 01.lgp) and it seems to work fine.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-11-04 21:57:01 »
Music is quite possible. However, don't use the stickied thread, because it's quite outdated and useless for Vista/7. Use this instead. [/shameless self promotion]

deadbeat

• View Profile
    • Dead Beats
« Reply #7 on: 2009-11-04 22:41:46 »
Thanks for your replies.

I applied the 2DO on top of the others already listed as installed, and settled down for an evening's play. All went great until exiting the caves where you meet Elena, then just crashed..investigating now

deadbeat

• View Profile
    • Dead Beats
« Reply #8 on: 2009-11-05 13:02:23 »
Music is quite possible. However, don't use the stickied thread, because it's quite outdated and useless for Vista/7. Use this instead. [/shameless self promotion]

The crash appears not to have been anything serious and just a random crash as everything worked ok on 2nd playthrough.

A quick question, Covarr before I install the music mod. Following you guide, I downloaded the full 4 cd zip from the link provided. Do I need to rename those to match the ones in your config file?

deadbeat

• View Profile
    • Dead Beats
« Reply #9 on: 2009-11-05 16:55:47 »
Ok, I followed your instructions:
Placed all contents of zip file in ff7 prog folder (a directory and several dlls), placed the ost mps in a folder at root of c, and pointed the config to the necessary paths.

However, when running the following text appears in the ff7music box
"DataPath is C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently C:\FF7\OstRE
C:\FF7\FF7_PSF
C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   C:\FF7\OstRE\
   C:\FF7\FF7_PSF\
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 91
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
FTH: (4948): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***

FTH: (4508): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

END UNINITIALIZE DD

WM_ACTIVATEAPP
"

The game still runs ok, but it sounds as though it's the old midi files playing.

Any ideas what I may have overlooked?

« Last Edit: 2009-11-05 17:17:51 by deadbeat »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-11-06 01:08:33 »
My config file was made for an older release of the remastered MP3 soundtrack. I don't know if the files are named differently in current releases, but that's something you'll want to double check. The PSF should still use the same filenames, have you tried the PSF soundtrack or only the MP3 music?

If you're using Aali's driver to mute the midi, there's no reason you should be hearing it; you'd either hear FF7Music working properly, or no music. If you're hearing the original midis, double check the config file for Aali's driver and find the following line:
Code: [Select]
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgpMake sure to remove the # symbol from this line.

Also, double check that FF7Music is running as administrator (or that you have UAC turned off, but I don't officially recommend doing that). I don't think FF7.exe needs to be run as admin, but you might want to try that as well. Report back with your results; depending on what fixes it there might be a mistake for me to fix in my tutorial.

deadbeat

• View Profile
    • Dead Beats
« Reply #11 on: 2009-11-06 01:34:44 »
Thanks for your reply.

The problem was taht I hadn't removed the # in aali's config file. So, not a mistake in your tutorial so much as an oversight on my part.

Thanks very much for your help!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-11-06 03:36:00 »

Well, I'm not sure exactly what the installer does since I didn't make the patcher.  But it would be absurd to replace the battle.lgp since we didn't even touched the battle models yet.  Anyway, I'm working on a new installer that I'll make from the scratch.  This way I'll do exactly what I want to do with it.  Mainly it'll be totally automatic, secondly it won't mess any other patches since it's gonna automatically extract the current LGPs then copy only the files needed then make new LGPs.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-11-06 04:03:59 »

Well, I'm not sure exactly what the installer does since I didn't make the patcher.  But it would be absurd to replace the battle.lgp since we didn't even touched the battle models yet.  Anyway, I'm working on a new installer that I'll make from the scratch.  This way I'll do exactly what I want to do with it.  Mainly it'll be totally automatic, secondly it won't mess any other patches since it's gonna automatically extract the current LGPs then copy only the files needed then make new LGPs.

Good idea, that is the way I am doing it. PM me if you need any help