Author Topic: Rip Kingdom Hearts Voices  (Read 10772 times)

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
Rip Kingdom Hearts Voices
« on: 2010-07-24 14:00:55 »
do you know of any good way to extract the voices from the KH sage (english-only) games? I tried the "Kingdom hearts extractor" but it gives a bunch of .unk files, utterly useless. and more than 20gigs!

thanks

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Rip Kingdom Hearts Voices
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-24 14:07:32 »
nope.avi

Ain't no rippin' goin' round here, no sir.

In other words, quit while you're ahead since you obviously didn't read the rules.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-24 14:13:10 »
what about all the model threads around? many of them deal with ripping, although they call it "extracting".

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-24 14:26:39 »
OMG I just feel like slapping the stupid out of you.

Non of Qhimm models deal with ripping. It is against the rules. It is discussed at times when it comes up. But not in a good way. And no we don't circumvent it by saying "extracting". We just don't do it period. We already have one topic where one of the members that alot of us looked up to APZ is currently getting in trouble for his model rip.

I've already reported this thread also you as a user. I just highly suggest you do your own thing and just leave if ripping is what you want. We don't mind sending Squares lawyers to your house when it's discovered that you've been ripping their models.

Really? We need to get this aggressive about it?  Calm down... it's the internets.  Warning, etc
« Last Edit: 2010-07-25 01:05:53 by obesebear »

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-24 14:30:09 »
oh whatever. I won't argue with someone who obviously takes delight for finally being able to rebuke someone else.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 14:33:26 by Dark_Ansem »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-24 14:48:20 »
All those threads were from ages ago, and while it used to be fine, extracting/ripping is no longer supported here due to the new(ish) rules.

You can't argue with the system, so it's no use being all argue-y when somebody, in fact two people have already told you to go and read up on the rules in order to avoid breaking them and getting in trouble for it. You're just digging a deeper hole for yourself, you dig?

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-24 14:50:17 »
As unkindly as Furzball said it, ripping is a no-no on these forums.  And it's not a good idea to argue with the rules.

Speaking of the rules, this thread doesn't belong in Game Tweaking.  Strictly speaking, this should've gone in Completely Unrelated, but I think putting it in General would've been okay as well.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-24 14:52:23 »
Just watch the cutscenes on youtube and record them with the sound recorder or something...

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-24 14:56:00 »
 Hehe a good place for ripping topic there is better place than unrelated:P it's called "trashcan".

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-24 15:34:05 »
I got the point. no threads about ripping.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-07-24 15:36:43 »
See, this is what gives the forums a bad reputation. One or two people telling someone off is good; seven or eight doing so within the space of an hour is overkill.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-24 15:46:37 »
See, this is what gives the forums a bad reputation. One or two people telling someone off is good; seven or eight doing so within the space of an hour is overkill.
Probably should've ended with me since I was overkill.  8) Noobinator without banhammer action

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-07-24 15:56:00 »

... It was only six people who did it... sheesh... :P

No more posting in here, then.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-07-24 16:04:59 »
So, I've taken another look at the rules.

It turns out that they say nothing about ripping in itself, just about ripping and putting what you've ripped in FF or ripping from PSP games. This thread is only talking about ripping from a PS2 game and says nothing about what he's going to do with the rips. Looks like this thread doesn't break the rules at all. Way to jump the gun, guise. :?

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-07-24 16:09:11 »
So, I've taken another look at the rules.

It turns out that they say nothing about ripping in itself, just about ripping and putting what you've ripped in FF or ripping from PSP games. This thread is only talking about ripping from a PS2 game and says nothing about what he's going to do with the rips. Looks like this thread doesn't break the rules at all. Way to jump the gun, guise. :?
Hids shotgun behind back *
"Heh,heh, gun what gun?"

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-07-24 16:14:25 »
Whoaa rewind. Kingdom hearts extractor? :S

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-07-24 16:21:06 »
Hids shotgun behind back *
"Heh,heh, gun what gun?"

That gun you just fired.

My post earlier has been vindicated to an even greater extent; people are so eager to shout at someone for breaking the rules that they don't actually check to see whether any rules have been broken. The "no ripping" rule everyone is talking about is actually "no putting ripped models in other games and no ripping from PSP games". We rip from FF7 all the time.

I'm going to bring this up in the "rules" thread, but I can't see any reason why ripping from a PS2 game should be banned.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-07-24 16:24:12 »
Remember me and Bear had that thread a while back that was talking about getting textures and geometry from Cerberus? That got locked because it broke the rules. So either Halkun doesnt know his own rules, or PS2 counts.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-07-24 16:29:57 »
Remember me and Bear had that thread a while back that was talking about getting textures and geometry from Cerberus? That got locked because it broke the rules. So either Halkun doesnt know his own rules, or PS2 counts.

Then he'd better bone up on those rules. ;D Or put them in a clearer place, because the sticky on ripping doesn't say anything about the PS2. After all, the rationale for not ripping from the PSP doesn't apply here. It's surely not fair to expect someone to obey a rule that isn't stated clearly, n'est-ce pas?

Are you sure it wasn't being assumed that the rips were destined for FF7?
« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 16:33:35 by Kudistos Megistos »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-07-24 16:30:55 »
Could be because we were planning on putting them into FF7 yeah :P But at the time I didnt really wanna question him lol. I think we need a new update on the rules.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-07-24 17:15:56 »
Some of the sounds like Cloud's voice for example can be used as a sound effect for the project of Armorvil. But alas it is still ripping so boo hoo. :(

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-07-24 19:15:18 »
Well I'm going to go ahead and lock this to prevent any further heated discussion.  No warning for breaking the "no ripping rule" because that's more Halkun's thing.   However, yes a warning for putting it in Game Tweaking.  Kingdom Hearts is pretty heavily FF related.... so off to General.