Author Topic: Final Fantasy VIII - Graphical Update Mod (WIP)  (Read 70167 times)

kokie

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VIII - Graphical Update Mod (WIP)
« Reply #125 on: 2019-09-18 07:12:16 »
Wow this mod looks extreamly good compare to others background upgrades.

Why dont you guys combine effort and merge this mod and angle wing mod together? Replace some backgrounds with checkerboard effect with the ones in Angle wing?

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2019-09-18 20:08:06 »
this looks incredibly promising , to see this game in such beauty, i m excited excellent work!

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2019-09-18 22:14:31 »
I'm just wondering, is there a possibility for this to be ported to the 'remastered' edition?

kokie

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2019-09-19 06:44:50 »
I think l'll start playing ff 8 again with this mod and taking note of all the problematic background and see if l can replace them manually with some background from angle wings. Hopefully that will work. ;D

kokie

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2019-09-19 17:31:48 »
Replacing the checkered background with its counter part from angle wing is working great!!! l'm replaying this and replacing the checkered backgrounds as l go along. lol

blippyp

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2019-10-02 01:56:33 »
If you document which screens need to be updated, I will update them on my end as well, the issue isn't that they can't be fixed (I already figured that out afaik), it's that I (sorry to say), haven't played the game yet myself with the new images to see which screens need to be updated as well. I'm not sure why some of them got messed up, but when I rebuilt them by hand as a test, it fixed the issue. Bottom line, is that I need a list of which screens need to be updated, if I knew what they were, it would be incentive enough to fix the images I uploaded as well so that no one has to deal with this issue. Either way, glad you're enjoying it regardless. :)

blippyp

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2019-10-02 01:59:14 »
I'm just wondering, is there a possibility for this to be ported to the 'remastered' edition?

I haven't look into it, but afaik, the remastered edition lacks the mod used by this mod to update those images (sorry, it's been a while, I forget the name of it - tonberry maybe!?!??). So until someone ports it, or something like it, then I don't think this is possible.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-02 02:06:10 by blippyp »

kokie

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2019-10-02 12:54:41 »
If you document which screens need to be updated, I will update them on my end as well, the issue isn't that they can't be fixed (I already figured that out afaik), it's that I (sorry to say), haven't played the game yet myself with the new images to see which screens need to be updated as well. I'm not sure why some of them got messed up, but when I rebuilt them by hand as a test, it fixed the issue. Bottom line, is that I need a list of which screens need to be updated, if I knew what they were, it would be incentive enough to fix the images I uploaded as well so that no one has to deal with this issue. Either way, glad you're enjoying it regardless. :)

l'm finishing disk 1 soon , you want the list of the broken screens until the end of disk 1?  l think l put them all in backup folder when l replaced them with angle wings version.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-02 12:56:43 by kokie »

Gensoul

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2019-10-02 19:29:35 »
Wow, beautiful work!

I haven't look into it, but afaik, the remastered edition lacks the mod used by this mod to update those images (sorry, it's been a while, I forget the name of it - tonberry maybe!?!??). So until someone ports it, or something like it, then I don't think this is possible.

I'm hoping someone can crack the backgrounds on the remaster soon. I like the remastered characters and the speed-up option. Except the pretty-boy Squall head. I guess he WAS supposed to be the prettiest one in the room. ;)

l'm finishing disk 1 soon , you want the list of the broken screens until the end of disk 1?  l think l put them all in backup folder when l replaced them with angle wings version.

I'd like to see your broken screens list as well. I'm looking to mod up my original FF8 and definitely want these wonderful GUMmie backgrounds as the base with a few bits from Angel Wings as back-up while blippyp is working on them.

kokie

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2019-10-04 06:01:13 »
Wow, beautiful work!

I'm hoping someone can crack the backgrounds on the remaster soon. I like the remastered characters and the speed-up option. Except the pretty-boy Squall head. I guess he WAS supposed to be the prettiest one in the room. ;)

I'd like to see your broken screens list as well. I'm looking to mod up my original FF8 and definitely want these wonderful GUMmie backgrounds as the base with a few bits from Angel Wings as back-up while blippyp is working on them.

l just sent all folders containing the broken scenes in disk 1 to blippyp , maybe he can test if he can fix it. l ma crossing fingers.

l'll keep sending scenes as l finish each disk.

ThunderPeel2001

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2020-03-01 15:07:42 »
Holy cow, this looks AMAZING! It doesn't need to be perfect (the original game certainly wasn't). Any improvement is still an improvement.

Frank1984

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2024-03-10 13:33:04 »
Simple question, but please answer me because I care about it from the heart.
Can someone explain to me in a few simple steps how to install all in chronological order, thanks.

Sorry for my bad english.