Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 437262 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Maybe you will be able to modify Squall better according to those face values (eye shape and mouth).
I used to own this particular playstation magazine issue (greek edition). I can't find it anymore though.
It used to come with the demo that had a different battle scene during the galbadia mission.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-23 15:57:04 by LeonhartGR »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora

that's exactly what i said damn it , clearly is ok to get donations , but it doesn't men that people who can't donate should get a different treatment, after all just because i am not a modder it doesn't mean that i bite everything that i get told , i know that it doens't take money to create a mod , so is not like all of a sudden it must become a problem for those who can't donate , we aren't all made of money , also is not like sites like this one get created because people ask for them , but because the modders know they can make it , so it isn't like all of a sudden nothing can proceed without donation , and of course it won't kill you to treat those who don't donate the same way as those who donated something

Hey rartart! I just want you to know that the patreon/donation setup is basically one way in which I can give people who are really devoted to the mods a way to be able to be a part of the creation process.  They are essentially being a QA team for the mods if they choose! I give my patrons the mods for 2-3 days so that they can do QA and let me know if there are any issues before I publish them to the public, and in NO WAY is this a barrier to the mods themselves! They will NEVER be 'pay-only', and there will always be a way to install and use them without having to pay that is an official release! :)
« Last Edit: 2019-10-21 03:49:42 by Mcindus »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hey rartart! I just want you to know that the patreon/donation setup is basically one way I can give people who are really devoted to the mods a way to be able to part of the creation of them.  They are essentially being a QA team for the mods! I give my patrons the mods for 2-3 days so that they can do QA and let me know if there are any issues before I publish them to the public, and in NO WAY is this a barrier to the mods themselves! They will NEVER be 'pay-only', and there will always be a way to install and use them without having to pay that is an official release! :)

ok , thanks for the clarification :D

hewell

• View Profile
One silly question, is any of this mod an upscaling of the background (like Project AngelWing)?

Current FF8 Lunatic Pandora: Remaster Mods in progress:
SeeDRemastered v1.0 will be broken up!
SeeDRemastered UI v1.0 - all UI and icons custom created, new gradients, frames, menu's, etc. from SeeDReborn v4.1 -- will eventually contain v3.5 and v3.2 "vanilla" mod options as well.
SeeDRemastered Fonts v1.0  - currently fixing font widths due to the remaster using their own fonts and widths compared to the 2013 PC release, going to offer all 3 of my fonts as options. (Yagami Light, want in?)
SeeDRemastered Gradients v1.0  - making all SeeDReborn v4.1 gradient colors and patterns available for FF8 Remastered!
Tripod: Remastered v1.1 --  new high res background, updated number fonts, updated texture anim sprites, includes 2048 upscaled Tripod mod 2015 textures with new borders done by me, with new main character borders done by Hikashi!
LunarCry - FieldModels Mod: Remastered v1.0[/u] - Their textures are sloppy 3x 368x368 (768 RAM pages), i've used ESRGAN with a few models to compile/upscale better ones at the same resolution. (they look twice the quality!)
Gerogero US Censorship -- FIXED in battle and all cards.
Lionheart: Remastered v1.0 - Weapons are given updated textures.  Squall's weapons are easier to differentiate, and Seifer, Zell (new texture+color for Gauntlet), Laguna, and Kiros all have updated weapons textures!
RebirthFlame: Remastered v1.1 - Squall modded to look like FMV Squall.  Can NOT edit hair polygons yet, but did a texture and color overhaul. Replaced his eyes and mouth, etc.!
Ultimecia Ears -- pointed? lol.. should be able to erase a texture and fix that, no model fix needed.

Thanks

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
One silly question, is any of this mod an upscaling of the background (like Project AngelWing)?
Thanks

Once we can insert the images into the Remaster, I'll be working on porting Project Angelwing v3!
Right now, we can't mod the backgrounds, world textures, or battlefields, so those mods are 'on hold' until we can -- BUT -- Maki's making amazing progress!

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
Once we can insert the images into the Remaster, I'll be working on porting Project Angelwing v3!
Right now, we can't mod the backgrounds, world textures, or battlefields, so those mods are 'on hold' until we can -- BUT -- Maki's making amazing progress!

thanks , also let's not forget about the modded textures for the flaying garden , the lagurarock and all the textures of the world map , i bet they are compressed thousand times in the main.zzz , infact they can't be found anywere in the extracted archive

CYRU5

• View Profile
It would be a good idea of having GUM mod adapted (or maybe Angelwing v3 will be using AI for upscaling too)

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
It would be a good idea of having GUM mod adapted (or maybe Angelwing v3 will be using AI for upscaling too)

Project Angelwing v3 is a Gigapixel AI project, so until Ark/Manakaiser finishes their custom field upscale, PA3 will be (in my opinion) the best field upscale available.

RebirthFlame: Remastered v1.1 available NOW!!! (Squall 'fix')

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
Project Angelwing v3 is a Gigapixel AI project, so until Ark/Manakaiser finishes their custom field upscale, PA3 will be (in my opinion) the best field upscale available.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile

Fatedcourage's work on that gigpixel AI looks amazing honestly, made me weep a little check it on youtube.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Weird. Not sure why there was an extra message? Ignore it :)  Total accident.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-23 01:42:05 by Mcindus »

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Mcindus ? i say something wrong?

CYRU5

• View Profile

Thanks for the clarification, cant wait then!!

BTW ... is there any way (in case you've looked into it) to 'expand' the game's screen size to fit entirely (up and down but mantaining the 4:3 format)?; obviously mandatory on the sides but I just hate those black bars

CYRU5

• View Profile
Maybe you will be able to modify Squall better according to those face values (eye shape and mouth).
I used to own this particular playstation magazine issue (greek edition). I can't find it anymore though.
It used to come with the demo that had a different battle scene during the galbadia mission.

hewell

• View Profile
Thanks for the clarification, cant wait then!!

BTW ... is there any way (in case you've looked into it) to 'expand' the game's screen size to fit entirely (up and down but mantaining the 4:3 format)?; obviously mandatory on the sides but I just hate those black bars
I don't know if this is what you want but...
https://www.naguide.com/final-fantasy-viii-8-remastered-widescreen-fix/

riverblink

• View Profile
^ bad idea makes the games graphics gets really messed up in certain areas dont bother

CYRU5

• View Profile
^ bad idea makes the games graphics gets really messed up in certain areas dont bother
Might try the height stretch this weekend to see how it goes

Koby

• Beyond the Grave
    • View Profile
    • Kametsu
Any luck with fixing the controls to give full motion like the non-remastered edition?

jbelcross

• View Profile
Current FF8 Lunatic Pandora: Remaster Mods in progress:

SeeDRemastered v1.0 will be broken up!

SeeDRemastered UI v1.0 - all UI and icons custom created, new gradients, frames, menu's, etc. from SeeDReborn v4.1 -- will eventually contain v3.5 and v3.2 "vanilla" mod options as well.
100% complete - RELEASED v1.0 - 'vanilla' mods progress = 25% - Multi-Language release = 35% *PRIORITY*
SeeDRemastered Fonts v1.0  - currently fixing font widths due to the remaster using their own fonts and widths compared to the 2013 PC release, going to offer all 3 of my fonts as options. (Yagami Light, want in?)
75% complete
SeeDRemastered Gradients v1.0  - making all SeeDReborn v4.1 gradient colors and patterns available for FF8 Remastered!
30% complete

Tripod: Remastered v1.1 --  new high res background, updated number fonts, updated texture anim sprites, includes 2048 upscaled Tripod mod 2015 textures with new borders done by me, with new main character borders done by Hikashi!
100% complete - RELEASED v1.1 --- 'low res' version in progress, for people without SSDs ---

LunarCry - FieldModels Mod: Remastered v1.0 - Their textures are sloppy 3x 368x368 (768 RAM pages), i've used ESRGAN with a few models to compile/upscale better ones at the same resolution. (they look twice the quality!)
100% complete - RELEASED! - once we can replace 'regular' enemies and their battle models, i'll add those to this pack and rename it to simply 'LunarCry: Remastered v1.0'

Gerogero US Censorship -- FIXED in battle and all cards.
100% Complete - RELEASED!

Lionheart: Remastered v1.0 - Weapons are given updated textures.  Squall's weapons are easier to differentiate, and Seifer, Zell (new texture+color for Gauntlet), Laguna, and Kiros all have updated weapons textures!
100% - RELEASED! - will update newer versions with updated Selphie, Quistis, and Irvine weapons in the future

RebirthFlame: Remastered v1.1 - Squall modded to look like FMV Squall.  Can NOT edit hair polygons yet, but did a texture and color overhaul. Replaced his eyes and mouth, etc.!
100% - RELEASED!
**Rinoa is next on the list for an overhaul to be included in this mod**

Ultimecia Ears -- pointed? lol.. should be able to erase a texture and fix that, no model fix needed.
0%

New title screen (2048x2048), new squaresoft screen logo, etc. also created! Working my butt off :)

Back to work!
Thanks for all the hard work Mcindus. I have a question, I was wondering would you be adding a GUM remaster to the new Lunatic Pandora Remaster Mod or would that have to be downloaded separate like before?

Devina

• View Profile
Anyone know why there hasn't been an HD background mod yet?

Last I heard, people found a way to decompress the .zzz files.

If people have been able to replace textures, why not backgrounds too?

I can't find any discussions about this, so did people lose interest? Are there technical issues?

Koby

• Beyond the Grave
    • View Profile
    • Kametsu
Anyone know why there hasn't been an HD background mod yet?

Last I heard, people found a way to decompress the .zzz files.

If people have been able to replace textures, why not backgrounds too?

I can't find any discussions about this, so did people lose interest? Are there technical issues?
The resolution of backgrounds in the remaster seems to be hard-coded. They can replace them, but they can't use higher resolutions yet. It requires recoding parts that they currently need help with.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
The resolution of backgrounds in the remaster seems to be hard-coded. They can replace them, but they can't use higher resolutions yet. It requires recoding parts that they currently need help with.

that's because those nosy dick heads of the developers probably blocked them shomehow to obstacle modding , they really have problems understanding that modding is fucking good for their sorry wallet, many people among the pc gamers are interested in a game thanks to modding o.O, this hardcoding thing is really pointless and idiotic

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Settle down, Beavis... while it's certainly possible that things were hard-coded as an anti-modding mechanism, it's far more likely it was a lazy/minimal-effort way of achieving cross-platform compatibility.

Devina

• View Profile
That really sucks. How about battle field textures, as well as world map textures?

Those are all 3D so at the very least, they should be possible to insert HD textures, right?