Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 437101 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Sorry about the lack of updates, everyone!  I've been busy with life and some other endeavors lately, but today I dove back in and I'll be updating and releasing more mods by the weekend.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
So anyone interested in re-designing the Squall model so it looks like the original... just sayin'... (I'm back from browsing some awesome Squall images online...)

« Last Edit: 2019-09-29 21:01:34 by LeonhartGR »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Mcindus thanks , do you also found the location of the special visual effects that even in the remaster are the same as the first pc port ? you know , those low quality dust, light and air shock wave effects that we see during the battle, an example: the quality of the lights effect of meteor are so low that they have a colored square around them lol

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Mcindus is there already the page for LunarCry ? since it is complete then i want to try it , but i don't find it anywere in the forum

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I'm very interested but there seems to be no way to edit the mesh. I could live with the texture but the mesh is just wrong. It's a shame because the other models do look pretty well.

greator

• View Profile
I dont think we've yet to get to access the character textures.

kokie

• View Profile
@rartart

from what he posted l think it "completed" as in the modded resources is completed but no one can make it works in game yet. Its like in fan-translation project, you say the script for english patch is 100% translated but then you still have to hack the game to put all those 100% translated scripts in game.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-01 23:15:40 by kokie »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
@rartart

from what he posted l think it "completed" as in the modded resources is completed but no one can make it works in game yet. Its like in fan-translation project, you say the script for english patch is 100% translated but then you still have to hack the game to put all those 100% translated scripts in game.

that's strange because there are already two series of modded textures that are already usable , what's the difference in this case ?

kokie

• View Profile
that's strange because there are already two series of modded textures that are already usable , what's the difference in this case ?

File type is different. For the mod that came out , the mod uses .png the game also uses png. Not so for this mod the game does not use .png.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-02 12:42:28 by kokie »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
File type is different. For the mod that came out , the mod uses .png the game also uses png. Not so for this mod the game does not use .png.

so this make it more complicate

CYRU5

• View Profile
I'd love to see the current status of Squall FMV face Mod  :P

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'd love to see the current status of Squall FMV face Mod  :P

yes it is a great idea , infact this is what all the remakes of a psx game should consist about: use as a playable model the one created for the cutscenes
« Last Edit: 2019-10-09 07:57:24 by rartart »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Small update to the main post - 3 more mods released and progress updated

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
thanks

luwk

• View Profile
Would it be possible to have a rough idea on how to Find and Install these Mods for FF8 Remaster? Is it possible to have more then one mod running at the same time, or do they conflict with each other?

Any heads up, or general idea on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

LionCerieals

• View Profile
Are you also gonna make a mod that enhances the backgrounds? Those clash really hard with the new updated models and are really an eyesore in their current, blurry state. <.<

vavrinko

• View Profile
Small update to the main post - 3 more mods released and progress updated

I've just found this mod and want to give you a big Thanks.  ;D Can't wait for it. I read that you are going to uncesor Gerogero. Will you be uncensoring the green blood in Ultimecia castle as well? And what about the Siren model?

greator

• View Profile
FMV face mod? What is that?
Can you show us some example?

CYRU5

• View Profile
Eagerly waiting for the final result of Squall FMV mod ... just one random question, IS IT POSSIBLE for the game's screen to be kind of scaled to fit the screen but mantaining proportions? I cannot be the only one freaked out by that up and down black bars ... totally understand the side ones but they could also have done better by placing an image ...

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
of course you are not the only one who noticed the luck of passion developers put in this remaster , i mean basically they took the pc version from the year 2000 and make it run trough an emulator in order to improve a little bit the quality of the images , and barely improved the quality of the models and for the icon , while for final fantasy 7 they are planning to recreate the entire world related , infact they said that to remake the whole final fantasy 7 it will take at least three games with the weight of 60gb o.O, why you may ask ??? because the mother of the morons is always pregnant , final fantasy 7 is pure shit , it is filled with drama and painful stories, final fantasy 8 in comparsion is less dramatic and less sad , not to mention that unlike final fantasy 7 , final fantasy 8 don't praise the enemy ,on the contrary , it do exactly what is supposed to always happen , to praise the protagonsit you know ,so for all those reason the majority of the final fantasy players (that is composed by a bunch of fucking morons) prefer final fantasy 7 and trow shit at final fantasy 8 , well , the reasons why final fantasy 8 is the best game of this saga are quite the ones why those fucking idiots hate it, the point is that not all the fans of this game do all the noise that those idiots who like final fantasy 7 do , well they must do even more noise so developers won't have any fucking excuse to not create a decent remake for this game

Nsandro

• View Profile
Thx Mcindus for your works! just joined your patreon !

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Okay, so I am pretty decent at modding games and had no issues modding the old ffviii on steam. However, I have no clue what to do with this new tool zarchiver. I am reading the instructions and cannot for the life of me figure out what to do here. Can someone give more detailed instructions than are included in the readme please?

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
Okay, so I am pretty decent at modding games and had no issues modding the old ffviii on steam. However, I have no clue what to do with this new tool zarchiver. I am reading the instructions and cannot for the life of me figure out what to do here. Can someone give more detailed instructions than are included in the readme please?

first of all use this .zzz unpacker here  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19209.0 , forget about the other malfunctioning  useless unpacker , then if you have problems even with this i will tell you the little things i am able to do with it even if i am not a modder lol

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
Okay, I figured it out. I used the zzz tool to extract the .zzz mod and the .zzz main and then just moved the folders manually before re-packing. The tools merge folder option just would not work for me for some reason. Thank you and great work! Looking forward to the rest of the upgrades!

thp1990

• View Profile
Still looking forward to donating $20 for a working field texture mod (backgrounds upscale) like Project AngelWing/Project Eden.