Author Topic: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory: Complete Sound Overhaul  (Read 47488 times)

Mindman

• View Profile
Yeah, we had some sound issues with a couple of the recent versions of FFNx... Make sure you're on the latest canary .194+ and all sound issues should be good for now.

Thanks, that fixed about 95% of the popping/crackling. It was sounding like Rice Krispies for a bit there. ;)

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Hey I updated recently and I've been having no sound effects/footsteps/menu noises and when I enter a battle the game crashes. A couple people on nexus recently commented on Ninostyle's mod and were wondering if it caused it, they were having the same issue. This mod and FFNX are the only things I updated recently though.

Edit: I think it may be FFNX, I turned off Cosmo memory and same issue. Also Ninostyle's chibi models are no longer showing up in field for me.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-27 07:40:33 by olearyf2525 »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Hey I updated recently and I've been having no sound effects/footsteps/menu noises and when I enter a battle the game crashes. A couple people on nexus recently commented on Ninostyle's mod and were wondering if it caused it, they were having the same issue. This mod and FFNX are the only things I updated recently though.

Edit: I think it may be FFNX, I turned off Cosmo memory and same issue. Also Ninostyle's chibi models are no longer showing up in field for me.

I'm not sure. I'm running the latest FFNx (at the moment 1.10.1.228) and sound is fine.

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
Hi! Let me tell you that your mod looks really awesome! I have a problem with it, I don't know if this is just me or not. The footstep sound on the world map are not heard no matter what I do. I've tried disabling all the other mods I have and nothing. I have the latest version of 7th heaven and FFnx (canary). Is there anything else I can do? Everything else works perfectly: ambient sound, footsteps sound in the field, battle voices...

Thanks a lot!

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Hi! Let me tell you that your mod looks really awesome! I have a problem with it, I don't know if this is just me or not. The footstep sound on the world map are not heard no matter what I do. I've tried disabling all the other mods I have and nothing. I have the latest version of 7th heaven and FFnx (canary). Is there anything else I can do? Everything else works perfectly: ambient sound, footsteps sound in the field, battle voices...

Thanks a lot!

Did you turn them on? And are you using Cid on the world map? Because Cid's broken right now.

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
Yes, I have both options active. And no, I am using Cloud the first time they leave Midgar.

Edit: I updated 7th Heaven again and this time I was able to update ffnx from the program and it finally works perfectly. Thanks for everything, it looks awesome...
« Last Edit: 2022-03-04 19:41:14 by AlbusJC »

Aynath

• View Profile
Hi Bonez,

I've been using the Cosmo Memory mod along side other mods as well for a complete new experience of the game. So far so good, until I got Cid. I was hyped especially mainly for the voiced attacks. I don't know why but Cid's Voiced Attacks (and Attack sounds) are the same as Cloud's. It's not gamebreaking fortunately but it sure feels very weird to hear Cloud twice as much while in battle. When I use Boost Jump from Cid, he seems to have another voice though so maybe it's just a bug... Is it a known bug ? How can I fix this ?

Thank you so much for the mod !

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Hi Bonez,

I've been using the Cosmo Memory mod along side other mods as well for a complete new experience of the game. So far so good, until I got Cid. I was hyped especially mainly for the voiced attacks. I don't know why but Cid's Voiced Attacks (and Attack sounds) are the same as Cloud's. It's not gamebreaking fortunately but it sure feels very weird to hear Cloud twice as much while in battle. When I use Boost Jump from Cid, he seems to have another voice though so maybe it's just a bug... Is it a known bug ? How can I fix this ?

Thank you so much for the mod !

No, sorry. They use different sounds and are voiced by two different people. I double checked the code, in-game and verified with trace dump:

Cloud:
https://voca.ro/1bZsBbisU67p

Cid:
https://voca.ro/1nSlJ5tJWDaa

That is to say, unless you're using something like New Threat that has custom/swappable weapons or has made changes to weapon sounds, in which case it's totally possible (I know there is one particular weapon that can be used by either aerith or cid, so you'd hear cid grunt when aerith uses it) and there's nothing I could really do about that. If you're using the base game though, no, they're different.

« Last Edit: 2022-03-14 09:54:12 by Bonez »

Aynath

• View Profile
Ah well I'm using NT mod v2 as well, in deed Cid and Aerith share a few weapons. In my case though, Cid and Cloud are using the same sound for some reason. I'll try to reinstall the mod on my side, praying that it will work. In any case ever since I've played with this mod, I cannot think of ever going back.

EDIT : I tried to disable, then reinstall the mod, actually the bug doesn't come from it. Cid's Attacks do the same sound as Cloud's. I also disabled the NT mod to check up; Cid still has Cloud's sounds. It's weird because the mods that alter the sounds whatsoever are Cosmo Memory, NT Mod (due to weapon swap) and EDMusic.

EDIT : Well it seems to come from the 60 FPS mod. Disabling it restored Cid's Sound Attacks
« Last Edit: 2022-03-14 17:46:14 by Aynath »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Yeah, good catch. It does seem to be 60fps. Thanks for the git report on it.

acrossmacross

• View Profile
Seems this mod is now causing crashing under 7th Heaven 2.4.0.37 and FFNx 1.11.0.44 just FYI

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Seems this mod is now causing crashing under 7th Heaven 2.4.0.37 and FFNx 1.11.0.44 just FYI

Fix already out. Update ffnx.

markul

• View Profile
Hi Bonez,
i want to report a bug  related to Cosmo Memory .

Recently i was using your mod and I noticed that, when i disable the mod, all the sounds of the game are muted(music still work). I tried to close and open again the 7th heaven , but nothing, sounds only work now with your mod activated .I have the last version (stable) of 7H and FFnx. I was thinking that could be some config related from your mod to FFnx or something like that??
Edit: Oh, the mod is the last version from the Qhimm Catalog.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Your ffnx.toml file is getting stuck in the "using Cosmo memory" mode... This happens usually after a crash and is persistent until you change it manually. Should be fixed in canary 7h builds.

markul

• View Profile
Your ffnx.toml file is getting stuck in the "using Cosmo memory" mode... This happens usually after a crash and is persistent until you change it manually. Should be fixed in canary 7h builds.
Ok, thanks!
I suppose that are this configs in the file:  "use_external_sfx"  "ff7_footsteps"  "external_sfx_always_centered", i set them to false, and it seems that now it works.

natepley

• View Profile
This mod is fantastic!  Thank you for making this!
I would really appreciate an option to disable the replacement of all the sound effects, while still having footsteps, ambient sounds, and attack voices.  I really want to hear the original sound effects because they have a special place in my heart, but I feel like I can't live without the footsteps and ambient noise now.  Would that be a possibility?  Thanks again!

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
No. There are several technical reasons for why. Among which; a few of the fields have a stock ambience, so if you used the vanilla sounds, you'd have some fields with super high def ambience and some with crushed midi ambience. Secondly, I don't want a hodgepodge mod where you'd have real recordings of birds etc. and all the other battle sfx are staticy-midi... But most importantly, Cosmo Memory is a sfx replacement mod for the 724 vanilla sounds first and foremost. The other features like ambience, footsteps, etc. are just bells and whistles to go on top of them.
« Last Edit: 2022-09-18 13:32:32 by Bonez »

natepley

• View Profile
No. There are several technical reasons for why. Among which; a few of the fields have a stock ambience, so if you used the vanilla sounds, you'd have some fields with super high def ambience and some with crushed midi ambience. Secondly, I don't want a hodgepodge mod where you'd have real recordings of birds etc. and all the other battle sfx are staticy-midi... But most importantly, Cosmo Memory is a sfx replacement mod for the 724 vanilla sounds first and foremost. The other features like ambience, footsteps, etc. are just bells and whistles to go on top of them.

I see.  Thanks for the explanation.  I really do think the "bells and whistles" are so fantastic that they warrant their own mod, though.  A standalone mod that just replaces all ambient noises and adds footsteps would a great option and would leave Cosmo Memory intact as a sound replacement mod.  I understand if you don't want to do that, though.

sangrefria

• View Profile
First of all, fantastic work that was done with this great mod! :)
I only have a little issue:
Since I updated both FFnx and 7th heaven to the newest versions (1.14.0.1 and 2.7.0.1) , there is no fx sound at all (menu, etc.) whenever I want to play with the music settings on VGMStream.
On the other hand, the mod runs without any problems if the music is set to MIDI sound.
The same happens with the stable versions of 7th heaven and FFnx.

leatitia

• View Profile
You are truly amazing!

SquallLeonhart

• Maybe i´m a Lion.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory: Complete Sound Overhaul
« Reply #70 on: 2023-03-08 10:26:02 »
Guys, I've recently been playing FFVII and I'm using [Tsuna Mods] Cosmo Memory, and I noticed that the Field footstep it works correctly, the question is if you use the Analog Stick the Cloud runs but it only produces the sound of walking, if you use the button A or X even when running on analog it already produces the sound of running instead of walking, well it must be a bug on analog stick, because if you use the D-pad the cloud walks and produces the sound of walking, if you press the A or X depending on the control we have, it runs and produces the sound of running, that is, it is correct with the D-pad, as for the Analog stick, it does not walk, it automatically runs! and it doesn't produce the sound of running but of walking, so it must be a bug, try it yourself ands fix it please if its a bug, thankyou!

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2023-03-09 01:56:58 »
Yeah, the analog autorun is new. Hopefully they can be fixed to work in tandem. In the meantime, the only thing you could do is turn off the analog controls in 7h driver settings and use the actual autorun mod from "Gameplay Tweaks" (you would just miss out on the omni-directional movement), or the better option is you can use both analog control + the actual autorun mod which will essentially always play running footsteps by default but you can still walk and hear walking footsteps by lightly pressing the analog stick+cancel button (since you're using the analog controls, you're probably rarely walking anyway), or of course turn off footsteps all together.
« Last Edit: 2023-03-09 02:04:36 by Bonez »

Loran

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2023-07-04 08:29:12 »
Hello , first of all amazing job! I really appreciate what you did for the game , thank you!!
I had a question regarding Echo-s compatibility. in 7H should Cosmo go above in the load order? Do I need to touch any of the settings or are both already compatible as they are? Thanks!

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2023-07-04 13:33:15 »
Yeah CM should be above Echo-s. Autosort should do this automatically. And there's nothing special you need to do. They're designed to work together out of the box.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #74 on: 2023-08-29 15:24:15 »
Is there a way to extract this to use the voiced attacks/grunts ONLY? Would love to try to that out to keep it closer to the Vanilla experience.