Author Topic: What are they?newbies or old gamers?  (Read 3986 times)

lorddolor1989

• only thing a man needs is the love of a woman
    • View Profile
What are they?newbies or old gamers?
« on: 2010-04-29 01:33:53 »
It looks like new gamers prefer Zack than Cloud,i prefer the blond xD because I own a PSX and I prefer Cloud and there it goes the dilemma:
am I the only one who prefers Cloud rather than Zack?:/ because I played FF7 first not like many who played CC before 7 also,Cloud has more personality in the game (in the beggining he had a personallity simillar to Zack but as the time passes he becomes more and more ''Original'' because he has now his own personallity after the murder of aeris and after he wakes up after Ultima Weapon attack,i dunno some of you but I prefer Cloud what do you think?

headlessgargoyle

• View Profile
Re: What are they?newbies or old gamers?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-29 03:21:24 »
well for what it's worth i prefer cloud over zack as well. but i never played CC. so i don't know :P

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-29 04:14:29 »
well, as far as the compilation stuff goes, clouds personality has been put back to "that emo", while zack was fleshed out as an engergetic, enthusiastic hero. I still prefer cloud in the game, but in terms of the compilation in its current state, (assuming the canon points to cloud being perma-emo) zack is more enjoyable.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-29 11:13:39 »
Agreed with Timu, would you want an emo pup or a hyper one? While, yes I do like Cloud, personally I'd rather hang out with Zack. What funny is that my personality is an odd middleground between Zack's womanizing puppiness and Cloud's emoness self punishing stuff. Now only if I can find my Tifa, BOOBS  ;D

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-06 15:00:13 »
Well it does suck Zack dies in such a cheesy way, you'd figure as badass as he is, plus after whatever Hojo did to him after the Nibelheilm Incident he'd be way more kickass...but no, they still shoot him down, so, to me he's labled as a failure, where Cloud, mako-poisoned and completely stupid at this moment is left to live, steals Zack sword, crawls to midgar and survives until the end.  I would say Cloud > Zack on that alone.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-06 15:59:16 »
I wouldn't say that. Soldiers, even Sephiroth, were not gods. Zack versus an entire army. No matter how good, even Sephiroth good, you are, you cannot dodge that many bullets. Cloud simply never came up in that sort of situation. The only way we could gauge Cloud V Zack is the fact that Cloud beat Sephiroth. The First time by surprise attack. Second simply cause Cloud had people to fight with him and also Sephiroth still didn't put much effort into the fight cause he was crazy, thought himself godlike and that Cloud was weak. Same with Advent Children. I'd call Cloud 2nd class at best. Simply winning because people don't expect his skill.

And Zack does not have a cheesy death.

Basically all Hojo does is repeat the process to make a soldier plus add more Sephiroth/Jenova genes to it. Zack was unaffected cause he has already been through the process once to become soldier. Cloud on the other hand was normal. So the process was affecting him unlike Zack.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-06 20:27:17 »
I wouldn't say that. Soldiers, even Sephiroth, were not gods. Zack versus an entire army. No matter how good, even Sephiroth good, you are, you cannot dodge that many bullets. Cloud simply never came up in that sort of situation. The only way we could gauge Cloud V Zack is the fact that Cloud beat Sephiroth. The First time by surprise attack. Second simply cause Cloud had people to fight with him and also Sephiroth still didn't put much effort into the fight cause he was crazy, thought himself godlike and that Cloud was weak. Same with Advent Children. I'd call Cloud 2nd class at best. Simply winning because people don't expect his skill.

And Zack does not have a cheesy death.

Basically all Hojo does is repeat the process to make a soldier plus add more Sephiroth/Jenova genes to it. Zack was unaffected cause he has already been through the process once to become soldier. Cloud on the other hand was normal. So the process was affecting him unlike Zack.

in other words, what you mean to say, is that Zacks body was already adapt to being edited, therefore it could handle it, Clouds body was in no way at all prepared for it, there was no defence

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-07 08:52:36 »
Vincent > Genesis > Sephiroth > Cloud > Zack

It's all about being awesome and stylish :b
Seriously, i'd take Cloud over Zack, although Zack is the classic hero. I'm that kind of guy that usually like the anti-hero to give a spank on the hero, unless the anti-hero is pure evil, that's another story. So Cloud acts as anti-hero as default since Zack is the energetic hero, thus my choice. I could reference Naruto, Bleach, Heroes and how i like the anti-heros of those but some of you might never seen those shows.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-07 16:02:39 »
I might disagree with the consensus. While I personally like Cloud more (because you are closer to him throughout the game), I can see why people could find Zack more appealing.

You play the beginning of the game thinking that Cloud is this really exceptional person. Someone that who had worked really hard to become the best of the best - To be at the top of the most elite army possible. SEALs on steroids, basically.

Then all of a sudden you find out that this "person" is actually Zack, and Cloud is some random chump.

However, as the game progresses you get to see the transformation of Cloud (which you are initially led to believe happened off screen) develop. So while that makes me like Cloud more, I could see people preferring Zack.

P.S. -Tan: This is why I don't get why Cloud was emo in AC. I can completely understand his self-hatred when he finds out that he is really a nobody, and after he let Aeris die. But he manages to build himself up enough that saves the entire freaking planet. How can he still be self-loathing after that?! /rant

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-07 17:27:14 »
He's not as self loathing by the end of ACC. I think it's not only the self loathing but he is abit of a timid character type. Just look at his young life. He seemed to be a kid that was on his own most of the time. Loner type. Only reason he got noticed by Tifa is that he was the only guy that would go up the mountain with her. All the rest of her in crowd friends wussed out.

There also seems to be alot of stuff about Cloud still to be found out. Why the heck a Shinra grunt like him was an exceptional swordsman. Why he could take out and surprise Sephiroth just because he had unexpected strength. How the heck he can get run through with a sword as a normal person, and still have the strength to pull himself to the hilt and fling Sephiroth off the reactor. I know, we all say surprising things can be done in desperation and anger. But still, Cloud was always the abnormal character. It'd be interesting to find out who his father is. I have a fanfiction storyline playing off the theory that he was another Jenova child.

I don't identify with Cloud or Zack, moreso with the Cloud when he has some of Zacks personality quirks before remembering who he was. I'd be the type of guy that would say, "Let's Mosey." :P