Author Topic: VIII "Remastered" - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - v34+ (2020)  (Read 18918 times)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
VIII "Remastered" - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Better Variety for Random Battles... (scene.out)

Re-balancing of Enemy Attack Power... (kernel.bin) (many changes to status effects, Eden is 50% likely to cause Sleep)

Enemy/Boss Stats + AI Improvements... (enemy .dat files)
(Gradually doing more of these in no particular order)

Enemy/BOSS LVLs uncapped (BOSS IFRIT goes higher then lvl 6, etc) ... (enemy .dat files)

Damage Limit of 9999 removed (60,000 DMG is new cap)(kernel.bin)
(HP kept at 9999 as you can't see 5 digits in battle, only status screen... no 32,000 HP for now...)

Junctioning System Re-balanced... (kernel.bin)
(eg: New Magic to Junction + harder to absorb all elements too early on etc, greater need to make choices but also better variety)
(many more Elemental + Status Att+def Junction options)

Debug Rooms Shortcut via Balamb Garden's Training Center...

V8 = many major bugs Fixed (some minor still WIP) Hoping the end of Disc 1 and Disc 2 are all good now...

V9, same link as before... Imp revamp + Many Fixes... also try out Carbuncle ;)

V10 : MAJOR CITY/FIELDs BUG GONE, Ultimecia's Speech Retranslation (Disc 4)

V11, Hundreds of Battles Edited (need testing) + many fixes as usual... also now includes some bonus files like the Splashscreen skip etc...

V12 - Changes to starting equipment + GFs Revamped (needs New Game to take effect)...

V13, V14 ,v15 many Bugs fixed, changes to starting equipment + battles...

V25 (yes already, many changes since mostly additions to battles / ai / fixes)

V26 - 28 more fixes + trying out some Draw Point changes along with more GFs available early then ever before... (thought all GFs are LVL1 when you get them)

V29 - V34 ... Gayla etc should be working again along with many boss tweaks and also tweaks to Starting equipment + GF Abilities...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/193Iq7rZ3zWdHJIBNck45eKUhenKJkZRb?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 2020-07-27 15:38:48 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Omik

• View Profile
Hi, can you tell how to put only a mod on dmg over 9999 and HP over 9999?

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
right, many attacks in my mod should already include that... as with any new mod though testing is needed... also joining the qhimm discord can help with allot of extra info for anyone reading this...
also the best/easiest way to share screenshots etc for bug reports when those do eventually come up...
https://discord.gg/szMMs4D

if however you just wanted to mod a few things... learning to use the tools "Deling" (to replace the file inside the main.fs) & "Doomtrain" (to edit it) would already allow you to make massive game changes to the kernel.bin...
« Last Edit: 2019-09-15 14:08:59 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Omik

• View Profile
Thanks, I'll try.

miruss89

• View Profile
just a quick question. How do you change the character HP beyond 9999?

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Disc 1 - 4 are being tested gradually (ps more Testers Welcome) Bug Reports Via Discord Plz...
HUGE update to this should be uploaded by the time you read this... same link as before...
ended up going for even more changes in one go, should be worth the wait...
this time the main.zzz is small but will need to be merged using "zzzDeArchive"
« Last Edit: 2019-10-02 06:13:51 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Many Changes from v2 to v4... (yes V3 was Discord only Clusterf*ck of files)

NEED MORE GAMEPLAY TESTERS / ENEMY + BOSS TESTERS to JOIN THE DISCORD to speed up progress + you can contribute more ideas you'd like to see tested out...

small example of some new changes : Train Mission should be a bunch more interesting now...

V4 Requires http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19262.0
« Last Edit: 2019-10-30 13:51:52 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
hi, can you share with us the modding program or the modded files that allow to access the debug room ? with that we will be finally able to get ride of the psx version were the debug mode were more accessible even for us

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
hi, can you share with us the modding program or the modded files that allow to access the debug room ? with that we will be finally able to get ride of the psx version were the debug mode were more accessible even for us
i've shared the instructions on the qhimm discord actually recently in detail... and will soon be updating some of my mods + there are a few FMV PACKS coming soon... (inclusive of mine)
can search for posts by KLITLIKA

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
v5 has been shared since btw... but on PC the debug room FMV viewing for eg will still only do disc 1... yet i doubt the psx version's has that issue...

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
V6 now available from the 1st post...
Enjoy...

SeiferVIII

• View Profile
Best mod ever created, just a FACT

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

is there anyway for someone to send me this mod already patched for me please

since its to hard to patch this mod myself

thanks

Zara9

• View Profile
last time when i tried modding this game with this mod, it went to 100% graphic glitches for me
« Last Edit: 2020-07-02 23:22:49 by Zara9 »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
last time when i tried modding this game with this mod, it went to 100% graphic glitches for me
if you are worried, perhaps hold off for now...
i'm having another go at frequent updates trying to get this much more stable... then i can include some re-translation work also (starting at end-game)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Best mod ever created, just a FACT
Thanks, I appreciate the help finding bugs... and entertainment watching your streams of it...  8-)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
v10 - Major Fixes to Fields / Cities (broke in v9)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
v11 now up, first post for link...

Zara9

• View Profile
keep up the great work on this mod

i can't wait to try it out soon
« Last Edit: 2020-07-03 01:04:31 by Zara9 »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
V12 is up... Requires a New Game afaik for the GF Abilities to take proper effect though...
also changes to starting equipment...

Rook

• View Profile
Hey, I was wondering if you're planning to add retranslations to some of the dialogue (Like the infamous "...whatever" mistranslations) or if it was just for the ultimecia speech. Been looking all over the place for a re-translation mod. Also, does this mod need a mod tool for installation or is it simply replacing some files in the VIII game folder?
« Last Edit: 2020-07-08 04:18:50 by Rook »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
...ROOK, yeah keen as to do more with that... also could perhaps offer it separately from the rest of the mod with only a few bonus side effects... areas where I've adjusted encounter rate that sort of thing... basically the script mods/tweaks are done to the Field.fs file using Deling field Editor...

PS: just found out about the new bug, this one seems like quite a game changer... if anyone is KO-ed you get a GAME OVER!!!
« Last Edit: 2020-07-10 09:33:37 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
V25 now up, many changes compared to v15... been updating almost daily ;)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
DISCORD LINK for BUG REPORTS, ideally with screenshots and a description on the issue...
if it's a fight that softlocks, it may be an issue with a specific move used by the enemy...
can help to take note of the last enemy move before / during the softlock...
https://discord.gg/jCGpudT

V34 is up... Enjoy!

LVaulth

• View Profile
Hey, this edits the gameplay right?
Can you add in some side quests or cult scenes between Squall and Quistis?? XD