Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)  (Read 343051 times)

bwsrpnch

• View Profile
Re: FF7Music Installer
« Reply #500 on: 2013-11-21 19:10:03 »
For some reason, the FF7Music installer isn't working for me. It just stalls at about 10% of the way through the load status bar.

It says:

Installing
   Please wait while FF7Music 1.51.13 is being installed.

FF7 is installed at: f:/games/steam/steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VII/

[||||||||||||--------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Show Details (button)

Next, Back and Cancel buttons are all grayed out.

And it's frozen here. Any ideas?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2013-11-21 19:16:38 »
Use an older version of the installer:

1.51.12 or 1.51.12m (the m version doesn't have FinalFanTim's remastered soundtrack, only the playstation PSF soundtrack).

1.51.13 is incredibly broken, and I lost my source so I'm not sure I can fix it without starting from scratch.

bwsrpnch

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2013-11-21 21:38:09 »
I appreciate those links, but they're both going .1kb/s for me. That's going to take a loooooong time.

bwsrpnch

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2013-11-21 22:36:02 »
Alright, I managed to download the 1.12m, but same problem. It just stops installing at around 10%.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2013-11-21 22:43:38 »
What does it say if you click "show details"?

bwsrpnch

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2013-11-21 22:46:34 »
So, when I get to the "Choose installation Location" screen of the installer, Next is grayed out, despite the fact it's point to the correct folder.

So I have to manually reselect the folder through the Browse option. When I do, the installer starts, then almost immediately stops.

In the drop down, it says:

FF7 is installed at: f:/games/steam/steamapps/common/FINAL FANTASY VII\

EDIT: I figured out why it was making me browse to the folder. I had backslashes instead of forward slashes.

bwsrpnch

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2013-11-21 22:49:27 »
One other thing, BFE has the FF7music1.5.13 in red, despite the fact I replaced the file with the 1.12m. How do I change the installer to recognize the new one?

I got all of the mods from the torrent download listed on the main Tifa's Package page.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2013-11-21 22:54:45 »
You're using bootleg? It has some changes and other fancy stuff that I don't really understand; I can't help with that. You should probably be asking in either the bootleg thread or the Tifa's bootleg thread, as I have no clue what other things may be affecting the installation.

bwsrpnch

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2013-11-21 23:25:22 »
Alright, even with the appropriate 112 file, I'm having the same issue.

I don't have a clue what to do here.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #509 on: 2013-11-22 16:34:36 »
Is 112 being run through Bootleg, or are you trying to install it stand-alone?

Did you take 113 out of the mods folder before running Bootleg? If not, it'll install the latest version (113).

kirujin

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2013-12-22 10:28:18 »
Hello,

I have the same problem as bwsrpnch.
When I try to install it, it propose me this destination folder: "C:/Games/FF7\FF7Music\", the "Next" button is in grey so I change the path with "C:\Games\FF7\FF7Music" we can remark that the "/" are not in the same direction and now the "Next" button can be pressed.
Then I choose Remastered and Next.
It comes to the installation window with the status bar that block at around 10% with "FF7 is installed at: C:/Games/FF7\". As we can see the "/" are not in the same direction as the installation directory which is "C:\Games\FF7\".
Is it a problem in the compilation process of the developpers or is it a problem of mine?
I want to precise that I use Windows 8.1 may it be the reason?

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #511 on: 2014-01-20 10:27:00 »
I have no clue what I'm doing wrong, but the music still cuts out right after the intro segment, in the bit where Avalanche is beating guards up (although the SFX are intact.  The only thing not working is the BGM).  I'm using Aali's 7.11b (which I presume is the most recent update?) and I moved the .exe and plugin.ini files into the ficedula folder like the readme in there said I should (not sure if I got the right .ini file, though), and I'm still having issues.

Possibly caused by an incompatibility with the Reunion mod collection, although if that's the case is there any way I can prevent the midi issues and still use the Reunion? DLPB said something along the lines of the most recent driver from Aali should prevent the music issues - if that's the case is it possible I've got something in the config set screwy? The only changes I've made to the config is turned full screen off (window size set to 960*720), the vsync is on, and the framelimiter is off.

This is installed with the installer in this thread, so there shouldn't be any associations with bootleg present.  I'm using the most up to date version of Windows 7.

PS - Do hope this is the right thread for this!
« Last Edit: 2014-01-20 10:31:44 by mugenginga »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2014-01-20 14:51:37 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2014-01-20 15:11:23 »
Then download and use Anxious Heart after installing new driver.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2014-01-20 16:05:14 »
I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread. With the new version of Aali's driver, people are really better off using Anxious Heart. I may return to the music end of things later with a surprise or two (something completely new, there's currently nothing quite like it), but for now there's absolutely no good reason to use this anymore.