Author Topic: Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus?  (Read 6730 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus?
« on: 2011-03-27 14:49:05 »
No, this isn't an announcement.

So I was on another forum, and we were discussing the possibility of another sequel for FF7.

Personally, I don't think there's going to be another one, mostly because of the fact that it's been 5 years since Cerberus was released, and there's been nothing. Usually when these things start happening, Square give out hints, like the did with FF13-2.

The secret ending showed that Genesis was back, so that seems to suggest that something else will happen. I'm not sure if Genesis is evil after the ending of Crisis Core though, it seems to me that he only wanted the Gift of The Goddess, which he found to be his pride as a SOLDIER.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-27 15:27:15 »
i wouldn't mind a sequel to to much, as long as we're allowed to play as more then just Vincent.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-27 16:32:03 »
I remember something a while back stating the the Compilation of FF7 would last 10 years, so we still have like 5 years left where it's possible the compilation team could still put something out.

Shademp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-27 16:32:24 »
X-SOLDIER on TLS wrote an analysis on the themes of the Compilation and how he thinks it might ought to end.

http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/6418/planet_jenova_genesis_fananalysis/

But I too have doubts that there will ever be a final chronological entry to the Compilation. In all honesty though I don't really care.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-27 17:57:15 »
The Compilation is a marketing scheme. The original game is the true treasure IMO so I don't really care too much, although the first DoC was decent. I heard a couple rumors that they might make a full fledged ps3 FF7-2. God I really hope they don't though.

sadmemories20

« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-01 03:29:27 »
i wouldn't mind a sequel to to much, as long as we're allowed to play as more then just Vincent.

« Last Edit: 2011-04-01 03:34:16 by obesebear »