Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4931747 times)

levantine

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4700 on: 2017-01-08 10:44:35 »
So i should remove anxious hearth mod to benefit new music from new threat? what about lucky tifa? this mod will break difficulty or i can still play with?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4701 on: 2017-01-08 11:08:33 »
If you're playing with 7H, then you don't need to remove Anxious Heart. In the "Active Mods" tab, put them in this order:

Gameplay - Difficulty and Story (New Threat)
Media - Music and Sound

The music from New Threat will overwrite and play.

About Lucky Tifa...if you want the best experience with any gameplay mod, then you really shouldn't play it with cheats. That's my opinion.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: 2017-01-08 11:21:33 »
Thx so much for all your answer, last question (for today hahaĆ  i saw that many fields mods are updated, for you wich one should i choose to get the most better graphics?
Oh and about aerith, is there still bug if i play with her in dics 2 and 3 ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: 2017-01-08 11:37:16 »
Field Textures? I use satsuki because he has done all textures in the game. I like my game to look consistent.

If NT has you play her past disk 2, then there shouldn't be bugs.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: 2017-01-08 11:43:33 »
Well i ended for questions today, thx so much for your answers and your work, you realise a dream's kid, ff7 is by far my favorite game, but the original version is so easy now for me, NT is really a pleasure! I juste finished midgar parts, and how i was totaly surprised after cloud's dream when.. you know someone apear... would not said more, don't want to spoil ^^
Thx a lot, will come back if i have any other questions, have a nice day !

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: 2017-01-08 16:45:07 »
That issue was reported fairly recently; I tried changing the options available at this save point for the latest set of files. Are these installed and is PHS still available at that Save? I'll compare it to the default field and try to remove it as having 3 party members/different team comp can cause the subsequent scenes to crash.

Alright so, I updated, and the Save Point still doesn't save, and has PHS enabled. Unless the version that comes with Gameplay - Difficulty and Story doesn't have the most up to date version of NT, then the problem still persists.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-08 16:54:02 by strife98 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: 2017-01-08 17:20:42 »
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story is using the latest IRO, January 6th. Have you tried putting it at the top of your load order? I seriously doubt that's the issue, but I am curious since I haven't played through NT yet with save points for testing.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: 2017-01-08 17:52:19 »
Enabled save anywhere and made a save in the room with the broken save point for easier testing hah. I then disabled it and loaded back in (with Difficulty and Story at the top) and it's still bugged.

Rkude0216

• View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: 2017-01-08 18:13:32 »
I think I broke Curator today.

Spoiler: show
I fought Curator again while in the dark cave even though I beat him during the return to midgar just to see how much easier he was. Fight went on as usual while his arms were alive. My spell priority was Wall + Regen > W-magic Quadra Ultima with mp/hp absorb > Mime untill wall needed to be refreshed. after the arms had died i switch to hydro and then Curator proceeded to do...harsh warning then a stern warning and then the single laser attack and then...nothing. I was able to mime hydro untill he died.

I had done this fight last night and got wiped to his All Creation final attack  :'( but the fight was normal as in I really struggled to stay alive, as I just went in with my general purpose trash/boss materia gear combination.

Today is when I made a set up for him specifically, I am wondering if hydro was chain sleeping him? the only times he attacked was during left over mime ultimas and I used Tifa's limit break before proceeding with hydro spam (probably 6-8 minutes of hydro spam before he died) , only thing I can think of that would have changed from last night, unless something caused him to bug out.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: 2017-01-08 18:41:39 »
Enabled save anywhere and made a save in the room with the broken save point for easier testing hah. I then disabled it and loaded back in (with Difficulty and Story at the top) and it's still bugged.

Yeah, I need to compare it with a normal save point to get it back to what it was. I tried moving the var used by a Midgar save point to it, hoping it would have PHS disabled but seems to have killed Save instead and retained PHS.

I think I broke Curator today.

Spoiler: show
I fought Curator again while in the dark cave even though I beat him during the return to midgar just to see how much easier he was. Fight went on as usual while his arms were alive. My spell priority was Wall + Regen > W-magic Quadra Ultima with mp/hp absorb > Mime untill wall needed to be refreshed. after the arms had died i switch to hydro and then Curator proceeded to do...harsh warning then a stern warning and then the single laser attack and then...nothing. I was able to mime hydro untill he died.

I had done this fight last night and got wiped to his All Creation final attack  :'( but the fight was normal as in I really struggled to stay alive, as I just went in with my general purpose trash/boss materia gear combination.

Today is when I made a set up for him specifically, I am wondering if hydro was chain sleeping him? the only times he attacked was during left over mime ultimas and I used Tifa's limit break before proceeding with hydro spam (probably 6-8 minutes of hydro spam before he died) , only thing I can think of that would have changed from last night, unless something caused him to bug out.

There must be a kink in the AI that can cause him to take no action; I'll see if I can spot it.

HeaN

• Do small steps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4710 on: 2017-01-08 19:33:51 »
That's really odd; deactivating the short range flag on a weapon should enable attacks on enemies that are normally out of reach (all of the gun weapons use the same flag for instance). I'll look into this at some point but not sure if I'd be able to fix it if there's something hard-coded to characters.

Since you ignored my post, I will try it again.

I found a bug with some fights like when you got "additional party members" like the Mechanic Spider.
If you use limits like Tifas Combos or if your character attacks randomly, it is also attacking your additional members (like they are seen as enemys).

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: 2017-01-08 20:45:20 »

I found a bug with some fights like when you got "additional party members" like the Mechanic Spider.
If you use limits like Tifas Combos or if your character attacks randomly, it is also attacking your additional members (like they are seen as enemys).

Regards

Pretty sure it's not a "bug", as in they are technically not added in your party, they are enemies that will target other ennemies. So multi-attacks that can target the whole screen will also hit them.

It also happens during battle like Yuffie or the broken X-ATM Scorpion.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: 2017-01-08 21:06:50 »

Regards

I didn't actually understand what you were wanting to show me with the stream highlight; so it's about the targeting thing? The 'friendly enemy' has a limitation in that the game will continue to treat them as a possible target for Multi, Random, or Global target effects unless they're set to be untargetable. I'll probably need to do that at some point in the future but that X-ATM fight is a place where it won't be possible to do.

badeco

• View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: 2017-01-08 21:25:29 »
hello guys and Sega , i have on me PC : NT 1.4 Build - 22nd April , NT Mod HotFix flevel 29th April Mk2 and   NT Mod HotFix Scene - 29th April 2016, for update just get  NT 1.4 Build Download - 6th January 2017 (Mk.2)? others no have  link in first page here.

HeaN

• Do small steps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: 2017-01-08 21:26:05 »
Pretty sure it's not a "bug", as in they are technically not added in your party, they are enemies that will target other ennemies. So multi-attacks that can target the whole screen will also hit them.

It also happens during battle like Yuffie or the broken X-ATM Scorpion.

Of course it's a bug in the mod. Maybe not for the original game. It affects the gameplay in a negative way.

I didn't actually understand what you were wanting to show me with the stream highlight; so it's about the targeting thing? The 'friendly enemy' has a limitation in that the game will continue to treat them as a possible target for Multi, Random, or Global target effects unless they're set to be untargetable. I'll probably need to do that at some point in the future but that X-ATM fight is a place where it won't be possible to do.

Well the fights are limited then :P Couldn't use Tifas skill's for some fights, pretty annoying but not a big deal. I was just wondering if you could fix that.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: 2017-01-08 21:47:44 »
hello guys and Sega , i have on me PC : NT 1.4 Build - 22nd April , NT Mod HotFix flevel 29th April Mk2 and   NT Mod HotFix Scene - 29th April 2016, for update just get  NT 1.4 Build Download - 6th January 2017 (Mk.2)? others no have  link in first page here.

That's correct, yeah.

Rkude0216

• View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: 2017-01-08 22:22:49 »
Nemesis fight may have an issue, soft locks right away. cursed ring counted to 59 before the lock. (I'm a terrible tester and only attempted the fight once, so I can change things up and check if you want me to.) I did reenter the fight naked and it looks as if he is locking when he should be taking his first action. There is a slight graphic twitch in him/camera right away

Also if you (or anyone) could point me in the direction of the red crystal I would appreciate it. Its the only key item I haven't found for ultimate weapons and searching through videos and the forum hasn't yielded any results besides that I should be looking for a red materia boss?
« Last Edit: 2017-01-08 22:31:38 by Rkude0216 »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: 2017-01-08 22:32:36 »
hey sega chief

is there anyway you could add a part on your NT mod to allow people to follow tifa and barrent sorry after cloud falls down after the air buster fight

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: 2017-01-08 22:47:23 »
Nemesis fight may have an issue, soft locks right away. cursed ring counted to 59 before the lock. (I'm a terrible tester and only attempted the fight once, so I can change things up and check if you want me to.) I did reenter the fight naked and it looks as if he is locking when he should be taking his first action. There is a slight graphic twitch in him/camera right away

Also if you (or anyone) could point me in the direction of the red crystal I would appreciate it. Its the only key item I haven't found for ultimate weapons and searching through videos and the forum hasn't yielded any results besides that I should be looking for a red materia boss?

If memory serves a new enemy was added to that scene; it must have affected one of the attacks.

The Red Crystal should be obtained by handing in the Earth Harp to the Kalm Traveler; the fight that triggers drops it.

hey sega chief

is there anyway you could add a part on your NT mod to allow people to follow tifa and barrent sorry after cloud falls down after the air buster fight

I don't think there's much to follow, story-wise.

alderez

• View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: 2017-01-09 01:24:01 »
I posted earlier about the Long range weapons (ie Cid's Grow Lance).  I noticed when you use 4x cut paired with a "Long Range" weapon it seems to still only deal 1/2 damage from the back row.  Is that a bug?

Optifix

• View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: 2017-01-09 02:37:50 »
Hey Sega, do you have any plans to put in more descriptive text for the explanations of the limit breaks? And is there anywhere I can get a description of each limit and the changes that were made?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: 2017-01-09 08:06:50 »
I posted earlier about the Long range weapons (ie Cid's Grow Lance).  I noticed when you use 4x cut paired with a "Long Range" weapon it seems to still only deal 1/2 damage from the back row.  Is that a bug?

4x-Cut doesn't look at the weapon's target flags and instead follows its own; I've been trying to find a way to make it behave more like 2x-Cut but no luck so far.

Hey Sega, do you have any plans to put in more descriptive text for the explanations of the limit breaks? And is there anywhere I can get a description of each limit and the changes that were made?

When I make the modified .EXE a part of the mod, I'll be able to change the descriptive text, if space allows.

Meindratheal

• View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: 2017-01-09 22:44:31 »
Hiya, two bug reports for you:

Firstly, Land Worm soft lock (I think this may have been reported before). I encountered a Land Worm in the Corel desert. Tried to manipulate (failed), cast Bio (poisoned it), think I got a normal attack off too. It used Sandstorm somewhere in the middle of this. Then on its next turn, the battle soft-locked.

Second, MP Plus materia AP is bugged. The MP Plus materia you find (I don't remember where it was but it was before Corel) is L1 with 0 AP and 0 AP to next level, not mastered, and can gain AP (like the Underwater materia in vanilla FF7).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: 2017-01-09 23:26:51 »
Hiya, two bug reports for you:

Firstly, Land Worm soft lock (I think this may have been reported before). I encountered a Land Worm in the Corel desert. Tried to manipulate (failed), cast Bio (poisoned it), think I got a normal attack off too. It used Sandstorm somewhere in the middle of this. Then on its next turn, the battle soft-locked.

Second, MP Plus materia AP is bugged. The MP Plus materia you find (I don't remember where it was but it was before Corel) is L1 with 0 AP and 0 AP to next level, not mastered, and can gain AP (like the Underwater materia in vanilla FF7).

Land Worm doesn't want to be fixed it seems like; I've tried a few times in the past, but I'm going to have to port in default AI and start over with him I think. As for the MP Plus, that's not so serious but I'll set it up so that it drops as mastered correctly.

Onepercentofone

• View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: 2017-01-10 04:43:57 »
Ok, you got me stumped. I've ran into a few enemies that were able to do this. More specifically, the Tonberry crew in the materia cave. I guess the best way to describe it is zombie status. But as far as I can figure out, there is no way to cure it, or work around it. Great Gospel instantly kills my party, Elixers kill my party, Phoenix Downs kill my party, FullCure kills my party, Remedies miss, Debuff spells miss, and on dead characters, Fullcure misses, Phoenix Downs miss, and Phoenix misses. I've tried to equip Relic Ring, thinking Chef's Curse would reverse it, but I was wrong. I've tried even going opposite, using Kiss of Death and stuff like that of dead members, but to no avail. What's going on? Is it the "you're screwed" status? Is there no way to work around it?