Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4931180 times)

Ethario

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.91)
« Reply #10250 on: 2020-08-18 00:26:49 »
Party leader swap is still in there.

Ah man I can't thank you enough to keep my favorite game varied and fresh, not going to lie im worried about the no gil in hardmode but i'm ready to give it a shot !

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: 2020-08-18 01:39:37 »
Hi Sega Chief and people of the forum.

So I haven´t come to this page in a while and I was pleasingly surprised to find there is a 2.0 version with apparently a lot of interesting changes to the how the history of the game unfolds (Type B), I would love to check this but as I have pointed before I’m not hardcore gamer so I was wondering if there are plans for a “Vanilla Combat” of version 2.0. Type B. Or maybe and Easy Mode, so we could have the complete difficulty progression Easy - Standar - Hard.

I really enjoyed “Vanilla Combat” 1.5. so I was wondering if this option could be implemented for this new version, as always thanks in advance for your answer, and congratulations for all the hard work poured in this project.

haine9

• View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: 2020-08-18 11:35:11 »
Question about Kalm traveler (type b)

Spoiler: show
So I killed emeral and ruby weapons but he gave me Ranged Attack and W-Magic. Documentation says X-Attack too, but the reward for guide book is a gold chocobo? So where can I a get a quadra attack?

haine9

• View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: 2020-08-18 12:46:33 »

So I killed emeral and ruby weapons but he gave me Ranged Attack and W-Magic. Documentation says X-Attack too, but the reward for guide book is a gold chocobo? So where can I a get a quadra attack?

I found them, nvm. But last question, who is "????" and where can I find him?  ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: 2020-08-18 13:52:57 »
Negative. I believe I did have that issue crop up at some point in Midgar after or when I updated to the current version, but I've been on that version since then without changing anything. Possibly happened again cause this is all on the same save? Not sure. Also, when I realized this had happened in Corel prison and switched modes, I was given conflicting "Hard Mode On/Off" messages between the fake-battle that triggers the switch and the field message after it ends.

I'll go through that section with hard mode on and see if I can spot what it is.

Hi Sega Chief and people of the forum.

So I haven´t come to this page in a while and I was pleasingly surprised to find there is a 2.0 version with apparently a lot of interesting changes to the how the history of the game unfolds (Type B), I would love to check this but as I have pointed before I’m not hardcore gamer so I was wondering if there are plans for a “Vanilla Combat” of version 2.0. Type B. Or maybe and Easy Mode, so we could have the complete difficulty progression Easy - Standar - Hard.

I really enjoyed “Vanilla Combat” 1.5. so I was wondering if this option could be implemented for this new version, as always thanks in advance for your answer, and congratulations for all the hard work poured in this project.

I'm not going to do one this time; it'd be too problematic with Type B which has a lot of event changes that can't be covered effectively by a default scene.bin so there'd be a lot of work involved + having to deactivate all the custom battles/placements again, with bug-fixes needing to be implemented for both going forward. The mod wasn't designed to be hardcore-level, and 2.0 on the whole is easier than 1.5 so why not give it a go?

The rewards should be:
Guidebook: Gold Chocobo
Desert Rose: Long Range
Earth Harp: W-Magic

When all 3 items are delivered, you get a bonus of: Core Materia, X-Attack Materia, and HP-MP Swap Materia. I'll check the documentation and update it if it's saying X-Attack for Earth Harp instead of W-Magic.

I found them, nvm. But last question, who is "????" and where can I find him?  ;D

If it's for Mustard Bomb, then this refers to an enemy in the Red Materia Cave.

If it's the ? ? ? ? enemy skill, this is from Jersey in Shinra Mansion

If it's for the Ribbon, then this refers to the cohort of the Jenova LIFE boss and if this cohort survives the battle then the Ribbon isn't acquired (and it's the only one in the entire game currently).

If it's the item between Zenogias Plate and Moonstone, then that's pending a bugfix as the variable handling the enemy that drops this was double-booked, causing it to not appear when its conditions are met. Once the 2.0.92 patch is up, players will be able to make this enemy appear by playing the melody on the Shinra Mansion piano, like in 1.5.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: 2020-08-18 15:47:15 »
Thanks for the quick answer Sega Chief.

I'm giving it a try right now, the normal battles aren't so bad, but the bosses are quite tought, speacilly since the Migdar part of the game does not give much chances to grind for levels.

As always thanks for the mod, and have a good day.

LugiaFly

• View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: 2020-08-18 16:55:35 »
Guess I found a bug?
Through the whole game I didn't have the scene with cross dressing. Now, after getting the submarine I got key to Midgar and goes there. In Don's Mansion, the script for getting there in dress and stuff start playing. After Don have to choose his bride, nothing happen. I just get out of the room, and Cloud had his normal clothes again.
Oh, and when we meet Tifa in the basement and there was this whole talk with Aerith... Vincent was lying on the... table...thing? And then after the whole script end, he just disapeard from there.
When I get out of the mansion, I had no one in my party (I had Tifa and Cid)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: 2020-08-18 18:20:10 »
Guess I found a bug?
Through the whole game I didn't have the scene with cross dressing. Now, after getting the submarine I got key to Midgar and goes there. In Don's Mansion, the script for getting there in dress and stuff start playing. After Don have to choose his bride, nothing happen. I just get out of the room, and Cloud had his normal clothes again.
Oh, and when we meet Tifa in the basement and there was this whole talk with Aerith... Vincent was lying on the... table...thing? And then after the whole script end, he just disapeard from there.
When I get out of the mansion, I had no one in my party (I had Tifa and Cid)

It's not supposed to occur at all in Type B, but revisiting the mansion later allows the scenes to trigger which leaves players at a much lower game progression value than they should be. It'll be made inaccessible on Type B following the next patch.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: 2020-08-18 18:51:02 »
If Throwlette is ready for Yuffie, defending but dying before her turn comes up will still trigger Throwlette even though she's KO'd.

Not really game-breaking, but it's surprising. Maybe Cid's Mixing will behave the same way?

applepie

• View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: 2020-08-19 07:32:06 »
Nice mod.

One question, I thought we can save Aerith before she dies in this mod. Like there should be a dialogue pop up before Cloud attacks her, but for me there was no pop up. What's wrong?

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #10260 on: 2020-08-19 08:56:25 »
Nice mod.

One question, I thought we can save Aerith before she dies in this mod. Like there should be a dialogue pop up before Cloud attacks her, but for me there was no pop up. What's wrong?

Was answered a couple of times already recently.  :-P

Ensure after "Unlife2"or whatever that only Jenova is killed

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: 2020-08-19 21:47:54 »
Sega is the no gil in hard mode supposed to be for Midgar only ? I just got out of Midgar and the first few fights are giving me gil again, is something broken ?

Edit: As far as I know I didn't toggle it off in the extended menu but i'll see if that works in the meantime.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-19 22:13:29 by Ethario »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: 2020-08-19 23:46:32 »
If Throwlette is ready for Yuffie, defending but dying before her turn comes up will still trigger Throwlette even though she's KO'd.

Not really game-breaking, but it's surprising. Maybe Cid's Mixing will behave the same way?

I'll add a KO check, if space permits.

Sega is the no gil in hard mode supposed to be for Midgar only ? I just got out of Midgar and the first few fights are giving me gil again, is something broken ?

Edit: As far as I know I didn't toggle it off in the extended menu but i'll see if that works in the meantime.

I dunno, it seems to consistently happen there.

I'll be looking to release the 2.0.92 patch tomorrow night.

Thanks to D.P. for the donation.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: 2020-08-20 02:11:10 »
I'll add a KO check, if space permits.

I dunno, it seems to consistently happen there.

I'll be looking to release the 2.0.92 patch tomorrow night.

Ah good to know its a known issue, hopefully I can just toggle it back on, i'll just waste some gil that I got :p

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: 2020-08-20 02:22:54 »
Gameplay feedback for Type B (Hard Mode, No Sources): I've just only finished Cosmo Canyon but so far I 've found the difficulty more than manageable. I've never die, never had to use items other than the casual potion/phoenix, never run from a battle. I'm using ATB Wait ofc. Problem is the Gil. I don't want the money to make my life easier but I want to have at least "one of each". It's not fun to have to skip some weapons (specially now that they're so different from each other) or materia. And there's the Condor War, that requires to have at least 4k in the pocket everytime. I was thinking about toggling to no exp, easy mode to grind gil but that just seems gimmicky. So, I'd reconsider about the No Gil feature of hard mode. Just my two cents. Awesome mod either way!

What I did in my run is morph the wolves near midgar (im only just in midgar) they give vampire fang which sell for 900 a pop. I'm sure there will be much better morphs down the line for moneys.

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: 2020-08-20 09:40:33 »
1. getting soft lock when clicking "leave" after doing 4/4 sp ugrade for Cloud, Barret and Aeris in North crater descent
2. do I need to win fight as Zack in the flashback to get any items or there is no missable stuff in this fight?
3. How to get Circlet?
4. Where is Hydro materia?
« Last Edit: 2020-08-20 18:31:27 by boozek »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: 2020-08-20 11:08:01 »
big serpent on sunken ship forget its name can morph them for the circlet.
its possible to win as zack. Star Curtain is good idea (which casts barrier + Magic barrier) or try Sheild (or astral curtain item). 

the last fight is vs 6 soldiers, just use the fight prior to get buffs up and shouldn't have any trouble :)

fairly high dex / vit. will help also.  If you have astral curtain can use them to get sheild to receive 0 dmg for a few turns.

Curious if u brought areith with ye when entered the mansion :>

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: 2020-08-20 11:24:45 »
its possible to win as zack. Star Curtain is good idea (which casts barrier + Magic barrier) or try Sheild (or astral curtain item). 

the last fight is vs 6 soldiers, just use the fight prior to get buffs up and shouldn't have any trouble :)

fairly high dex / vit. will help also.  If you have astral curtain can use them to get sheild to receive 0 dmg for a few turns.

I had 50 fights in sunken ship the room with helicopter and never encountered Serpent

Update: I tried 10 more fights and finally got Serpent...
« Last Edit: 2020-08-20 11:30:49 by boozek »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: 2020-08-20 11:37:46 »
I had 50 fights in sunken ship the room with helicopter and never encountered Serpent

Update: I tried 10 more fights and finally got Serpent...

ouch at enc rng.  sometimes i have 'bad rng' i try chat to someone in a town. eg bad reels battle square. seems to make a little difference.  was only 4-5 fights for me perhaps was lucky :)

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: 2020-08-20 13:51:42 »

No probs! Figured your effort was at least worth the price of the game on steam. :)

applepie

• View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: 2020-08-20 15:25:58 »

I was just about to ask if it's actually possible to win with Zack. I only got up to the third round with a single soldier and he already obliterated me, and how you're telling there's more!? And 6 soldiers too, holy crap. What do I miss out if I lose? Cause I don't think I will pull through unless I do a lot of grinding.

applepie

• View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: 2020-08-20 15:28:27 »
I was just about to ask if it's actually possible to win with Zack. I only got up to the third round with a single soldier and he already obliterated me, and how you're telling there's more!? And 6 soldiers too, holy crap. What do I miss out if I lose? Cause I don't think I will pull through unless I do a lot of grinding.

What level was I expected to tackle the Zack flashback? My Cloud was level 40.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: 2020-08-20 17:06:26 »
What level was I expected to tackle the Zack flashback? My Cloud was level 40.

not sure on expected level, however some items make it a ton easier. the items which mentioned above. I'll check the level i was at.  dunoo what u missed out on if anything, i had aeries in my party and got both clouds and aries final limit breaks i was at level50, however can do earlier than that lvl 42 win for me just there :)  im on hard mode type b with zero SP upgrades
« Last Edit: 2020-08-20 17:11:24 by wdx »

applepie

• View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: 2020-08-20 17:27:31 »
not sure on expected level, however some items make it a ton easier. the items which mentioned above. I'll check the level i was at.  dunoo what u missed out on if anything, i had aeries in my party and got both clouds and aries final limit breaks i was at level50, however can do earlier than that lvl 42 win for me just there :)  im on hard mode type b with zero SP upgrades

Wait how do you fight together with Aerith? I only had Zack in the fight. I had Aerith in the main party but in the flashback Zack is alone.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: 2020-08-20 17:59:32 »
Wait how do you fight together with Aerith? I only had Zack in the fight. I had Aerith in the main party but in the flashback Zack is alone.

ur just as zack it is solo, however she asked after you cloud got back if she could goto nibelheim with you and has a few lines at the end of the fight. something like 'oh so thats what happened'.