Author Topic: FF:CC - 1.5 seconds of footage, woo!  (Read 16913 times)

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FF:CC - 1.5 seconds of footage, woo!
« on: 2002-08-27 02:37:08 »
Anyone seen this yet?  Good news for Gamecube loyalists :P

http://cube.ign.com/articles/367/367725p1.html

And here's a nifty video that has about a second and a half of FF:CC footage :P

http://o.insiderdownloads.ign.com/download/video/cube/finalfantasycrystalchronicles/ffgcnsmall.mov

(Doubt you'll be able to get that without an IGN Insider membership)

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #1 on: 2002-08-27 13:43:49 »
NOOO!  It does require a membership... *gurgle* I vill get you next time BATMAN!

Kendrilian

Smurgen

• View Profile
    • Http://smurgen.kj-soft.com
« Reply #2 on: 2002-08-27 14:28:09 »
Maybe someone could make a screenshot for us?

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2002-08-27 21:11:42 »
Maybe a uk'er with a visa could buy me membership which I would then pay back and I'd upload it for everyone to see. (Ign won't accept my solo card :()

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2002-08-27 21:52:55 »
I'll upload it when I get home.

[Edit] Okey, this is the whole commercial (30 seconds, mpg) after I encoded it to be put on a VCD.  There is FF footage in here, in two or three places, and it's really short :P but take a look.  The FF footage starts at about 0:19 and goes on for a couple seconds, and there are other little "FF-snipets" at the beginning and end of the video.

http://www.vanguard.org/students/wpd2/kelleyaaron/!!stuff/ffgcn.mpg

[Edit II] Oops, that would be .mpg not .mov.  Heh.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2002-08-28 00:28:56 »
Thanks Aaron, although I still need to find a way to get insider :P I want to be up with the posting about my gamecubes :D

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2002-09-20 14:15:04 »
Bah. Its on the Game Cube. Game Cube= Quake 2 graphics heh.

Guess I'll take a look... later.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #7 on: 2002-09-20 17:43:34 »
Hm ... GameCube ... Kaoru's got a GameCube ... hm ... that could be interesting for us (well, him and me)

Aaron: Thanx for the hosting !  8)

- Alhexx

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2002-09-20 21:32:25 »

Its on the Game Cube. Game Cube= Quake 2 graphics heh.

Guess I'll take a look... later.

You haven't played Turok: Evolution then!!!

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2002-09-21 01:35:21 »
You obviously haven't played anything. Turok's one of the most graphically-unimpressive gameso n GCube.
...and...
BAHAHA! I don't know how, but it works just -fine- for me without a membership! Link me up, Scotty!
Proxomitron Naoko-4, I luv yoo ^-^ <3

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2002-09-21 06:30:16 »
I think the new Star Fox game (out in a couple weeks or something) looks pretty dang nice, as far as graphics go...

And, seems to me that Gamecube's graphics are a bit more impressive than PS2.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #11 on: 2002-09-21 07:56:52 »
The GC is, graphically, more powerful than the PS2, because it uses multiple GFX chips. The PS3 is going to use a similar method.

Smurgen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2002-09-21 11:50:09 »
And it uses ATI technology...so sexy
*Huggles Radieon 8500*

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #13 on: 2002-09-21 12:18:06 »
PS3? Oh my god - they really should invent a new name ...

- Alhexx

J*** H*******

« Reply #14 on: 2002-09-21 13:40:08 »
Smurgen

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2002-09-21 16:59:24 »
Well if ATI owns them now they are ATI so i'm still right :-p
Whatever
The console is a sexy one and that's all that matters

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2002-09-21 17:55:36 »
I find it sad my old Geforce 2 Pro can run GTA3 better than the actual PS2 can.
Honestly, I think the GC has many design improvements over most of the consoles out there

- Loading time. Small little DVD's mean less physical seek times
- RAM. Belovéd, wonderful RAM!
- A decent processor, which actually has enough of the belovéd RAM to work its magic
- OOooh. Pretty Graphics Chips :D
- Finally, it's got some nice expansion abilities, nice little memcards, and the most comfortable controller to ever exist.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2002-09-21 18:20:00 »
Yeah.  I have five games and not one of them ever says "Loading."  Well, SSB:M does but it stays only for less than two seconds.  Honestly it feels like console loading times!

And, well, my Gamecube came with a little sticker on the front that says "Graphics by ATI."  So, ATI claims to have done graphics for GCN, whether they did or not.  Works very well, although for computers I still prefer nVidia (go my Geforce4 TI 4600!).

Plus, the controller is pretty cool, although I don't understand why there's not a "Z trigger" button on both sides.  It doesn't make any sense.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #18 on: 2002-09-23 00:07:17 »
It says "Saving" Aaron.  When you move from different menus it saves.

Kendrilian

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2002-09-23 16:03:17 »
Quote from: KojiroTakenashi
I find it sad my old Geforce 2 Pro can run GTA3 better than the actual PS2 can.
Honestly, I think the GC has many design improvements over most of the consoles out there

- Loading time. Small little DVD's mean less physical seek times
- RAM. Belovéd, wonderful RAM!
- A decent processor, which actually has enough of the belovéd RAM to work its magic
- OOooh. Pretty Graphics Chips :D
- Finally, it's got some nice expansion abilities, nice little memcards, and the most comfortable controller to ever exist.

Small little DVDs mean games will cost more, and soon be on multiple disks.
The processor sucks. The graphics ESPECIALLY suck.
the expanstion abilities suck, the lack of a harddisk sucks.

And above all the controller SUCKS. I'd prfer to use my £10 usb gamepad to play game on a GC. Stupid button layout. Stupid D-Pad. Yeah I'll get used to it but I'd prefer to be playing an a X-Box controller or a Ps2 Duel Shock 2 any day of the week. Why. I heard on the GC Version of CvS2 they make you use the stick and not the D-Pad. "lolz"

Actually. Above all GC sucks. I'd never buy one of the things. I try to keep an open mind. But I just cant help hating the Game Cube. This must simply be becuase it sucks. I wont even comment on the games.

Imo Nintendo should screw the GC and concentrate on the GBA. The GBA is actually a pretty decent console (allthogh it suffers the same controll probelems as the GC). Sod the GC tiss a silly thing.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2002-09-23 19:46:04 »
Quote from: Sir Canealot

Small little DVDs mean games will cost more, and soon be on multiple disks.

Didn't seem to be a problem when we were all playing playstation games wit 4 discs, or PC games with 5. Resident Evil, a 2 disc game, is the same price as the other games and cheaper than many games on the PS2 and Xbox

The processor sucks. The graphics ESPECIALLY suck.
the expanstion abilities suck, the lack of a harddisk sucks.

In what way does the processor suck? I mean, yeah in a pc it would suck but the system as a whole outperforms the PS2 easily and comes very close to the Xbox.

Did you look at resident evil or Star Fox or Rogue squadron? Those games have better graphics than Nearly all the games on the Xbox and every PS2 game. Are you sure you didn't see one on a 14" portable?
What is with the expansion abilities sucking, Its got more expansion ports than the PS2 and Xbox , in fact the Xbox doesnt have any Xpansion abilities at all.
What is with this hard disk Stuff, only the Xbox has a harddrive and its not like it uses it for anything profound, sure its nice to listen to music in game and have little loading in games like Halo but with the size of the GC's DVD's its not like it would be hard to reproduce that load time.

And above all the controller SUCKS. I'd prfer to use my £10 usb gamepad to play game on a GC. Stupid button layout. Stupid D-Pad. Yeah I'll get used to it but I'd prefer to be playing an a X-Box controller or a Ps2 Duel Shock 2 any day of the week.

The button layout works suprisingly well, however I don't expect you to know because it is evident from you post that you haven't exactly played one much. And if you prefer to use your £10 USB pad, I'd like to see exactly what you got for you £10. Although saying that I prefer my Logitech Wingman Extreme to all of them. Especially to the cheap nasty peice of shite that is the PS2 dualshock 2 controller.

Why. I heard on the GC Version of CvS2 they make you use the stick and not the D-Pad. "lolz"

You heard wrong

Actually. Above all GC sucks. I'd never buy one of the things. I try to keep an open mind. But I just cant help hating the Game Cube. This must simply be becuase it sucks. I wont even comment on the games.

Although you have your opinion I do feel that it is one that should be filedunder the heading 'Rampant Fanboy' and then never to be looked at again. From your actual post it is quite clear you have logged little or no playtime with a GC and therefore don't actually know what you are talking about. I therefore am drawn to the conclusion that you are a subscriber to www.teamxbox.com and you would become another on the list of worthy retard spammers that frequent the IGN boards.

Imo Nintendo should screw the GC and concentrate on the GBA. The GBA is actually a pretty decent console (allthogh it suffers the same controll probelems as the GC). Sod the GC tiss a silly thing.

That statement is Dumb, first off, why would nintendo screw the GC, unlike Microsoft they are currently making money off it as shown by the fact that they were recently listed as japans No1 company which considers factors such as Worth, Growth and Profit.

You sir, are a silly fool who needs to learn that having an 'open mind' and being a rapid fanboy are two totally different things. It is hard to tell if you are A ps2 or an Xbox fanboy however from the fact that you complain about the lack of a harddrive you must be an Xbox fanboy, since you can't really consider the ps2 to have a harddrive in the sense that it doesn't have one to begin with, like the GC, and is only able to upgrade to one (view a very expensive upgrade), also like the GC.

Before you type another half baked dumb reply consider this, are you really hating the GC, or the fact that you don't have one and it is getting final fantasy?  Is it a case of rotten eggs?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2002-09-23 20:12:31 »
Didn't seem to be a problem when we were all playing playstation games wit 4 discs, or PC games with 5. Resident Evil, a 2 disc game, is the same price as the other games and cheaper than many games on the PS2 and Xbox

Never the less disk swaping is a damn turn off. "Oh no I have to get up in 2 hours cause I'm near teh end of the disk". yayayayaya... no. Nintendo should have just stock to conventional DVDs... and not some ghey DVDs that only look cute (and that they do) but cant hold much information compared to normal DVDs.

In what way does the processor suck? I mean, yeah in a pc it would suck but the system as a whole outperforms the PS2 easily and comes very close to the Xbox.

Did you look at resident evil or Star Fox or Rogue squadron? Those games have better graphics than Nearly all the games on the Xbox and every PS2 game. Are you sure you didn't see one on a 14" portable?
What is with the expansion abilities sucking, Its got more expansion ports than the PS2 and Xbox , in fact the Xbox doesnt have any Xpansion abilities at all.
What is with this hard disk Stuff, only the Xbox has a harddrive and its not like it uses it for anything profound, sure its nice to listen to music in game and have little loading in games like Halo but with the size of the GC's DVD's its not like it would be hard to reproduce that load time.

I dont even know any thing about the processor. I'm just assumeing it sucks like the rest of the system. It dosent out perform the Ps2 imo (amazeing I know). All of the games I've seen so far have looked like something back in the Windows 95/98 era. Some program had a review of a GC Fps and I was like "Cool looking HL mod" for a second. The graphics suck on the thing. Yeah Rogue Sqaudren (yes spelling that = to much effort) does look ok, so does Star Fox, but nether of them imo look as good as Mgs2 or FFX on the Ps2 (a couple of the Ps2s better looking games). Also a while ago due to certain circamstances (long story) a freind had a newly bought GC with him in my home. He had Super Smash Bros. I'm like after 30 minutes "yeah the gameplay is pretty cool, the music is l333333333t, but why does this look something worse than what Voodoo2s did in there time?".  And as for the harddisk. Lets just say its every thing. DVD= Slow. Yes I said SLOOOW. Hardisk= FAAAST. That means Box Devlopers can put a lot more shit in a game world, as it can be quickly streamed into the ram via the hardisk a hell of a lot faster than it can via the DVD (GC).

The button layout works suprisingly well, however I don't expect you to know because it is evident from you post that you haven't exactly played one much. And if you prefer to use your £10 USB pad, I'd like to see exactly what you got for you £10. Although saying that I prefer my Logitech Wingman Extreme to all of them. Especially to the cheap nasty peice of shite that is the PS2 dualshock 2 controller.

Lets see how we you can play a Fps, something where you need acces to a lot of buttons fast, or a beat em up on it. Wait... you cant can you? Haha. Okay maybe Fps.. a BIT. The my £10 Usb pad OWNZ. I've used it so much, the D-Pad is nice and lose so it ownz all my controllers except my l33t Namco Arcade Stick kthx. Also Ps2s Duel Shock 2s are all round the best joypad out for a console today. Good build quality (compared to X-Box and GC heh), excellent button layout, commfy when useing one for hours, excellent all round pad for whatever the heck your playing. Sure GC controlls arent*that* bad. I'd prefer to play on one of them than some ghey old skool atari joysitck but still. Nintendo should have planed the controller out better (Same for the GBA. 4 buttons. What were they thinking!? It should have been 6!!!)

You heard wrong

I'm not going on personal experience. This is just what a freind told me. It dosent matter any way. You wont be busting out dragon punches on that D-Pad any way... and what about the infamous "simple" mode hahahaha.

Although you have your opinion I do feel that it is one that should be filedunder the heading 'Rampant Fanboy' and then never to be looked at again. From your actual post it is quite clear you have logged little or no playtime with a GC and therefore don't actually know what you are talking about. I therefore am drawn to the conclusion that you are a subscriber to www.teamxbox.com and you would become another on the list of worthy retard spammers that frequent the IGN boards.

Incorrect. I'm not a fanboy at all. I simply like what is good (X-Box hardware, some Ps2 games) and hate what is bad/shit (Ps2 hardware (UGGGGGGGH) GC hardware, a lot of X-Box games). I dont need to log time on a Game Cube to say "the graphics suck, theres no games out on it, the controller sucks, and nintendo is doing the stupid thing with it by not getting good games out on it fast". I'm not speaking as a fanboy. More spekaing as a fan of Nintendo who hasbeen sent from teh path by the shite GC.

That statement is Dumb, first off, why would nintendo screw the GC, unlike Microsoft they are currently making money off it as shown by the fact that they were recently listed as japans No1 company which considers factors such as Worth, Growth and Profit.

Becuase as far as I know people own more GBAs in the world, then people own GCs haha. The reason nintendo are making money off it is cause the GC is so shit they only cost 5p to make (!!!) while the X-Box is good it costs £10000 to make (!!!!!!).

You sir, are a silly fool who needs to learn that having an 'open mind' and being a rapid fanboy are two totally different things. It is hard to tell if you are A ps2 or an Xbox fanboy however from the fact that you complain about the lack of a harddrive you must be an Xbox fanboy, since you can't really consider the ps2 to have a harddrive in the sense that it doesn't have one to begin with, like the GC, and is only able to upgrade to one (view a very expensive upgrade), also like the GC.

Before you type another half baked dumb reply consider this, are you really hating the GC, or the fact that you don't have one and it is getting final fantasy? Is it a case of rotten eggs?

While the part about being a fool is in utmost completely corret the part about me being a X-Box/Ps2 fanboy is wrong as well. If any thing I'm a PC fanboy, mostly a ME fanboy. And yes, I'm typeing this becuase I really hate the GC. Really seriously and totally. For reasons I have quite possibly listed above and for reasons I myself dont quite understand. lolz.

Aha. This post has given me a nice break from my Media Studies homework (damn alevels). I will now return to my work/bum around for another hour spaming on more forums. Kthx.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2002-09-23 20:41:36 »
Lol, sorry but that stuff about being beaten by the PS2 is funny.

Walk up to a wall in MGS2 or FFX, then go up to a wall in a GC, then notice how the Texture is far clearer on the GC. This is why developers make GC and Xbox versions of games better than the PS2 counterparts, because the two systems are far mor advanced than the ps2. Hell there are better textures in some of my dreamcast games than In MGS2.

I also admit to being more of a PC man than a console guy and I spend much of the day playing CS when my PC is actually working right. However I object when people start rampantly Bashing the consoles that I own. Which is why my freinds never argue with me about consoles.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2002-09-23 21:01:57 »
Quote from: M0T
Walk up to a wall in MGS2 or FFX, then go up to a wall in a GC, then notice how the Texture is far clearer on the GC. This is why developers make GC and Xbox versions of games better than the PS2 counterparts, because the two systems are far mor advanced than the ps2. Hell there are better textures in some of my dreamcast games than In MGS2.

Yeah but Ps2 games arent about textures. Yes Ps2 has a STUPIDLY designed memory system. 32Megs of "fast" ram. No texture compression. Completely insane. But Square and Konami both said "The Ps2... it does some stuff well (polygons) and stuff badly (everything else almost haha)" and they catered the games to work around and with the Ps2s strenghths (polygons) and weaknesses (every thing else almost). So unless you look purely at textureing (which yes admintidly I do when I want to flame the Ps2) Mgs2 and FFX are two most amazeing looking titles (god I cant wait for Mgs2 Pc... shame theres no FFX Pc around the corner. Imagine those games in high res with decent texture filtering...). Yes the GC does textureing, probebly techs like bumpmapping ect better than the Ps2. But imo still graphically nothing on the GC beets Mgs2 or FFX. Its not just the technicalities of the graphics... its also the style. And so far Nintendo has been pretty shit at that... (imo)

And whats with the crappy midi music in Rogue Squadron 2? Its was just about passable in RS1... its not about midi sounding that bad on next gen consoles... SSBM has some of the most l33t music I've ever heard dang it.

Still I'm TRYING to give GC a chance. From what I've seen the RE game looks intresting, but every thing else dosent intrest me so far... but I'm not willing to like the thing for one game I'm afraid. Even X-Box has more than ONE intresting game on it.. but at £130 its not to bad a deal. I just hope Nintendo stops f-ing about and gets some good stuff out on it asap. Oh well.

Haha this post has been a nice break from my English homework... which I havent started yet. Bugger.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2002-09-23 21:03:50 »
Mario is the best game in ages, shame its bloody hard. I am personally gonna get MGS substance when it comes out.