Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 533553 times)

mr_nygren

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #125 on: 2014-12-09 09:04:44 »
ChaOS has already a selection of HD weapons implemented. Maybe you should test them instead. With the dynamic weapons for the field it is quite nice I would say.

I think it's a problem with the catalog(?). Can't help with that. You have to wait until Christmas. Maybe I will outsource a few things as standalone for a better compatibility.

The catalog works as the new stuff loads.

But when clicking "download" it won't start downloading.

It won't happen anything and the text that is shown is "calculating".

Must be som problem with accessing the files.

But i don't know why they show up in the catalog but doesn't download.

It worked earlier when i downloaded the other stuff.

Also, have the model of the ice mini-boss been remodelled? The one you fght in a cave.

Her battle model is quite sexy.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-09 09:06:55 by mr_nygren »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2014-12-09 09:50:52 »
For battle models I only made some fixes where the textures aren't displayed properly. If Aali can solve the issue with transparent textures then maybe it won't be needed anymore...
When I start to make resources maybe I find a way to make Kimera ready 3ds files with Blender. p-Creator has the problem that it clears the vertices color, but it's needed to add the correct texture group.
This could be handy when it comes to rebuild enemy models, but it's not my priority.

Xpred

« Reply #127 on: 2014-12-09 17:41:49 »
Looks I ran into another error right now. For some odd reason, by mistake, I opened FF7Config.exe (pressed the wrong button in the folder), and then now I can no longer load the game through 7H.

When the game tries to load, it will just go like half the resolution with a black screen, and then gives me an error. I think the FF7Config.exe messed with the custom graphics driver -- now when I try to load FF7.exe, codec configs will appear on the bottom right of the screen, then the game will freeze. Any suggestions on how to fix without losing my saves/configs?  :(

EDIT: Looks like I think I solved the problem but not 100% sure. I had to re-download Aali's custom driver for that registry file and re-activate it. I think FF7Config.exe deleted the registry or changed the registry again to use it's own custom driver?

Also, another general question -- if I have to re-install the game/7H/any other mod for whatever reason, do I simply just save the save00.ff7 file and replace it after the new install, or are there more files I would have to save? I wasn't sure if the mods themselves (in this case, 7H), would replace any other files that are important if I wanted to re-install and not lose any progress/etc.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-09 18:41:33 by Xpred »

taurini

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2014-12-09 21:20:52 »
I got the same error as you with black screen.

But then i forgot to start the launcher with admin rights, then my game started as it should.
I know this seems like everyone should know this, but sometimes you forget, did you start the launcher with admin rights?

taurini

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2014-12-09 21:29:34 »
Hello lovely EQ2Alyza and everyone else!

Time for me to replay this again with the new updated mod launcher xD

I got some small questions.
Is there a way to get the compressed texture to work? Is it even necessary?

And is it normal that in battle the frames feel like its dropped? Can imagine it has to do with the textures in the battle screen and it hit the game to hard, but dont know and therefor I need to ask you guys this=)

APP.LOG
and
ff7_opengl.cfg
and specc if thats needed
Specc
« Last Edit: 2014-12-09 21:54:29 by taurini »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #130 on: 2014-12-10 04:39:13 »
I don't think I got a response to my question regarding the Text of Materia in reference to

IE

Instead of

Fire 1 - Fire 2 - Fire 3

It would be

Fire - Fira - Firaga?

There is a mod for this in Bootleg, so I'll have to figure out where it comes from. I don't know if it could be implemented in 7H yet.

Looks I ran into another error right now. For some odd reason, by mistake, I opened FF7Config.exe (pressed the wrong button in the folder), and then now I can no longer load the game through 7H.

When the game tries to load, it will just go like half the resolution with a black screen, and then gives me an error. I think the FF7Config.exe messed with the custom graphics driver -- now when I try to load FF7.exe, codec configs will appear on the bottom right of the screen, then the game will freeze. Any suggestions on how to fix without losing my saves/configs?  :(

EDIT: Looks like I think I solved the problem but not 100% sure. I had to re-download Aali's custom driver for that registry file and re-activate it. I think FF7Config.exe deleted the registry or changed the registry again to use it's own custom driver?

Also, another general question -- if I have to re-install the game/7H/any other mod for whatever reason, do I simply just save the save00.ff7 file and replace it after the new install, or are there more files I would have to save? I wasn't sure if the mods themselves (in this case, 7H), would replace any other files that are important if I wanted to re-install and not lose any progress/etc.

It's never good to run FF7Config after the Game Converter. It does apply new registry edits that will interfere with Aali's Driver. You can move the save folder (saves) and 7th Heaven folder (catalog mods) to another location and move them back after a uninstall/registry clean/reinstall.

Hello lovely EQ2Alyza and everyone else!

Time for me to replay this again with the new updated mod launcher xD

I got some small questions.
Is there a way to get the compressed texture to work? Is it even necessary?

And is it normal that in battle the frames feel like its dropped? Can imagine it has to do with the textures in the battle screen and it hit the game to hard, but dont know and therefor I need to ask you guys this=)

APP.LOG
and
ff7_opengl.cfg
and specc if thats needed
Specc

Compressed textures isn't necessary. Play with it off.

It's possible to see some loss of frames in battle. They are only capped at 15 fps, but sometimes it can dip to about 12 fps.

Xpred

« Reply #131 on: 2014-12-10 05:47:13 »
Indeed. Re-activating the registry seemed to fix the problem, I think.

Also, if I have postprocessing option ON and wanted to edit the brightness/contrast of the characters, would I simply be editing the SmartBloomAdvanced.post shader in NotePad and then saving it? I noticed it gives me an option to add values to the brightness/contrast.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-10 05:49:00 by Xpred »

Xpred

« Reply #132 on: 2014-12-10 06:31:23 »
What mods do you use? The metal thing is a new part, so if there is a rtaa which is loaded before then it won't be added. I guess that maybe a HD weapon pack can be the problem, because it possibly provides it's own rtaa file to make sure that the necessary texture slots are loaded.

Maybe another mod is in conflict with my one. Have you tried to only run ChaOS? :?
I have absolutely no idea what can cause the problem, but I do look at it today.

I think it's probably another mod that is conflicting. I just re-tried CHaOS with other mods now that I've gotten to Gold Saucer and still same error when doing the G-bike minigame. I do know that when you activate/enable CHaoS, then "Battle Models - Characters" in 7H is useless. I think CHaOS also renders "Field Models - Characters, Enemies, and Objects" not working too. I would like to be able to choose between both your models and some of Whiteraven's as well plus utilize the Field Models mod too -- certainly, this would be nice in a future revision. :)

Also, is there a trick to the Sumo Arm Wrestler Game with the Minigames - Wonder Square mod? Can't win no matter what (it's just button pressing right?!).
« Last Edit: 2014-12-10 08:07:39 by Xpred »

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2014-12-10 15:14:47 »
Is there a retranslation mod that 7thHeaven can use, or is that restricted to Bootleg?

Also, any idea why the text would be doing this?

The text is crowded and overlaps itself.
Reasking, as I never got an answer and the bug is persisting. It affects all text boxes, not just the New Game/Continue page.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2014-12-10 21:30:52 »
I've only ever seen that with a Bootleg install. Did you run Bootleg before using 7H?

Xpred

« Reply #135 on: 2014-12-12 04:01:04 »
I've also noticed a strange error that shows up during some of Red XIII's limit breaks, most notably Sled Fang & Howling Moon. I believe the error says "Invalid Color Type" or something like that. I think this just happens initially. However, I've also seen it once where after the battle, the hand cursor that usually shows up on top of the character is glitched (I think this happened with Sled Fang, but Howling Moon seems ok). Any ideas on what these errors are?
« Last Edit: 2014-12-12 04:13:59 by Xpred »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2014-12-12 05:20:10 »
Reasking, as I never got an answer and the bug is persisting. It affects all text boxes, not just the New Game/Continue page.

From my experience this usually happens when you either previously had Bootleg installed so the registry is messed up and it's calling on something that it can't find (usually to do with Menu Overhaul) or a set of mods are conflicting and so everything is off sync. you'll usually know by starting the game and the very first battle will be some crazy horse strawberries

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2014-12-13 11:17:58 »
I recently discovered this and am amazed. I went ahead and purchased FFVII from the SE store (<$5!) and want to do the install.  My problem is that I have already a number of games and mods installed in the Programs folder and that is where my Steam and games are located.  Will it mess up the install by keeping things there or do I need to relocate everything?  I found this link with instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129.  Is it a must to relocate everything?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I actually uninstalled FFVII and then created a new C:/Games directory under steam and installed it through there. I'll have to move on to the next steps this evening.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-13 13:00:35 by theonyxphoenix »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2014-12-13 15:20:53 »
Hey

everytime i try to run tifa final heaven program on my windows 8 computer

this error message shows up

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 47
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2014-12-13 20:25:55 »
I recently discovered this and am amazed. I went ahead and purchased FFVII from the SE store (<$5!) and want to do the install.  My problem is that I have already a number of games and mods installed in the Programs folder and that is where my Steam and games are located.  Will it mess up the install by keeping things there or do I need to relocate everything?  I found this link with instructions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129.  Is it a must to relocate everything?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I actually uninstalled FFVII and then created a new C:/Games directory under steam and installed it through there. I'll have to move on to the next steps this evening.

I used to have the guide for moving your Steam folder in the tutorial, but the option to install games outside the steam folder was added, so I took it out. You did the right thing and it should work fine.

Hey

everytime i try to run tifa final heaven program on my windows 8 computer

this error message shows up

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 47
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Check the FAQ section for what to do when 7H crashes.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2014-12-13 20:40:21 »
Code: [Select]
October 6, 2014
    - Added Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven)
    - Added Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf
December 13, 2014
    - Added New Threat v1.2 into Gameplay - Difficulty and Story

I've added New Threat 1.2 (December updates) into the catalog now. Unfortunately, Iros isn't around atm to help fix a problem with patching, so everyone will be forced to download the entire mod category again when updating. It went from ~28MB to ~43MB, so not a huge difference.

I understand that some users have internet restrictions, so downloading the entire mod every time there is an update is not good, but right now one of the two patch features isn't working properly.

1. If a mod's initial catalog release is already downloaded and installed, the update will only download the patch and apply it. This feature is working.

2. If a mod's initial catalog release is not already downloaded and installed, the first download will be both the initial release and the patch(es) that will be applied. This feature is not working by producing an error in the download process and getting stuck downloading.

So, until we see Iros again to help fix this issue, we're going to have to settle with having to download entire mods for any small patches. I am doing this to make sure any new users who come along have full access to the initial mod release and all its update patches.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-13 20:42:44 by EQ2Alyza »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2014-12-14 00:22:51 »
October 6, 2014
December 13, 2014

I've added New Threat 1.2 (December updates) into the catalog now. Unfortunately, Iros isn't around atm to help fix a problem with patching, so everyone will be forced to download the entire mod category again when updating. It went from ~28MB to ~43MB, so not a huge difference.

I understand that some users have internet restrictions, so downloading the entire mod every time there is an update is not good, but right now one of the two patch features isn't working properly.

1. If a mod's initial catalog release is already downloaded and installed, the update will only download the patch and apply it. This feature is working.

2. If a mod's initial catalog release is not already downloaded and installed, the first download will be both the initial release and the patch(es) that will be applied. This feature is not working by producing an error in the download process and getting stuck downloading.

So, until we see Iros again to help fix this issue, we're going to have to settle with having to download entire mods for any small patches. I am doing this to make sure any new users who come along have full access to the initial mod release and all its update patches.

Thanks for all the hard work, Square-Enix should hire you and stop making shit games they are destroying what Final Fantasy used to mean.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2014-12-14 04:58:57 »
October 6, 2014
December 13, 2014
December 14, 2014
    - Updated Gameplay - Difficulty and Story to Version 1.2
       * Fixed the flevel issue with encounters (hopefully).
       * Fixed Battle Models - Characters being overridden by New Threat.

Already had issues with yesterday's update. They should be fixed now.

Next things to work on are fixing invisible Millenia + Mike weapons and adding Minigame - Motobike Chase (Bloodshot models + Grimmy textures).

taurini

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2014-12-14 17:36:13 »
Hello all!

Im just wondering if anyone got a problem with faster battle animations under the mod "animations"

Example is when fighting Zolom snake, and when the snake rise up and whip a party member our from group the game will stop loading next scene in the battle and you only can hear music and that all units just battle ready but cant actually do anything..

By deactivating 2x faster battle animations, the scene gets finished and can continue the fight.

(Several testing have been done to figure out what does the battle cant be finished.)

EDIT: Some enemies will still appear alive when the battle ends, and this is random enemies. Might be faster animations for death scene.

Thanks for ur all existence!!!
« Last Edit: 2014-12-14 17:38:18 by taurini »

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2014-12-14 18:31:05 »
From my experience this usually happens when you either previously had Bootleg installed so the registry is messed up and it's calling on something that it can't find (usually to do with Menu Overhaul) or a set of mods are conflicting and so everything is off sync. you'll usually know by starting the game and the very first battle will be some crazy horse strawberries

No strawberries, but the HP/MP display was a couple different kinds of screwed.

Anyhow, I did have Bootleg installed prior to this, but I uninstalled it and wiped FF7 and any registry keys from my computer before this. And no, turning off Menu Overhaul doesn't help.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2014-12-14 22:10:44 »
What is your GPU and OpenGL Driver Configurations?

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2014-12-15 03:21:32 »
Ok, my first attempt to do this ended miserably.   I was able to get as far as having all of the mods downloaded but when I went to install them it said it couldn't find the path, etc.  So I decided to just start from scratch and be a more diligent.  I ran the programs like CCleaner, etc. that are specified in earlier posts. I was able to uninstall and reinstall the game by using steam and deleting everything in the game folder and running the cleaning programs.  I reinstalled the game and used the converter successfully and even set up the 7th Heaven GUI with the appropriate settings.  My problem is that the GUI is still showing that I have the mods installed even though the files were deleted.  How do I allow the program to recognize that they are no longer there so that I may download them again?

Also, is there a single file containing all of the mods that can just be downloaded and dropped into the appropriate place instead of downloading them all individually?  This way I could have a backup.  Thanks.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2014-12-15 03:31:16 »
Check the FAQ section on how to uninstall mods from 7H. This is the method you need to use to "delete" a mod.

There is no single download for them all. Once you've downloaded them all individually, copy them to another location for your backup. Putting them back into the mods\7th Heaven folder will allow them to be recognized next time 7H is opened.

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2014-12-15 14:46:06 »
Check the FAQ section on how to uninstall mods from 7H. This is the method you need to use to "delete" a mod.

There is no single download for them all. Once you've downloaded them all individually, copy them to another location for your backup. Putting them back into the mods\7th Heaven folder will allow them to be recognized next time 7H is opened.

Thank you. I have a few more questions:

1. This is probably a dumb question but should I be installing everything on the mounted iso D: or can I install it to C:\Games\?

2. Sometimes when I try to download a mod through the GUI it gives me an error.  I then still need to wait for it to finish downloading.  Then I uninstall it using the GUI and attempt to reinstall it until it does so without an error.  Is this the correct way to handle these errors?

Your help is greatly appreciated.  I am committed to getting these awesome mods to work.

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2014-12-15 17:46:55 »
What is your GPU and OpenGL Driver Configurations?
GPU is Nvidia GeForce and I don't know what you mean by OpenGL driver configuration.