Author Topic: A place for these other projects on the front page....?  (Read 6498 times)

The Pezman

• View Profile
So I've heard of this site in passing for a while through the battle -> Field model conversion patch, and recently checked it out in more detail.  What perplexed me is that there was no simple way to access it and other patches like it from the front page.  The ones that were on the front page were mostly game hacking tools, and while those are certainly nice to have conveniently available, I was wondering if the Hi-Res patch, the battle ---> Field patch, etc could have their own frontpage spots.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: A place for these other projects on the front page....?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-12 05:51:05 »
Qhimm's front page is mostly dedicated to Qhimm's projects.

The Pezman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-12 05:57:48 »
Yes, but I'm talking about ease of access here.  If Qhimm doesn't want to share his frontpage space, that's his perogative.  But I mean a consistently updated page, apart from the forums, which details the latest versions and changes on all active projects.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-12 12:33:39 »
That would be a nice way to up to date with current affairs...
Who would maintain this?
Perhaps a page in sourceforge or something :)

Khaos1987

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-13 00:08:26 »
Not a bad idea. Save people the time from looking all over the site for something, and it's a good way to compare what and what is not being modded.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-13 01:39:08 »
I'm not sure it's a good idea.
Although it might be conveneint for you it is also convenient for people who have other agenda's namely people whose agenda is to watch for copyright infringements.  Keep in mind many in this world do not want people to modify there copyrighted material. :)

Cyb

The Pezman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-08-13 03:31:34 »

Don't really understand how putting these projects in their own section makes copyright infringement significantly easier.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-08-13 04:33:35 »
It's not that, it's that Square-Enix and Eidos will throw a fit if they see too much going on.

If need be, I can make a website that has descriptions and links for the more important ones. I'll just need an okay from every mod's creator that goes up.

The Pezman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-08-13 05:14:11 »
If need be, I can make a website that has descriptions and links for the more important ones.
...I'm not sure everyone will be into the whole value judgment thing (which is "more important?").  I was thinking the ones whose developers have made it clear that that the project is still active, as well as (in the case of battle ----> field) projects which have reached a definitive end.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-08-13 07:32:33 »
Actually, I just meant excluding the numerous unbalanced and perpetually unfinished "hard mode", "hardcore hack", "difficulty bump", and other mods that serve no purpose other than to give the first boss too much HP. Any bugfixes would go in, along with editing tools and basically anything that doesn't completely suck. The other thing that wouldn't go in is any so-called "Aeris revival" mod, and the animevamp patch.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #10 on: 2006-08-14 08:41:03 »
You can find a bunch of the programs / patches organized here in "Compilation of programs" thread http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4351.0

Sadly user Elentor is no longer active so he's not maintaining the list in his first post anymore. But if you find a patch / program which is not in the list just add it to the thread.

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-08-15 00:39:02 »
Well... it could be done by me somewhere on the wiki. But erm... I don't think anyone visits there anyway.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-08-16 19:14:53 »
Well... it could be done by me somewhere on the wiki. But erm... I don't think anyone visits there anyway.
Then it's the perfect place to put them.
I use the wiki every so often but that is to add stuff. :)

Cyb