Author Topic: Message from Jari  (Read 7276 times)

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
Message from Jari
« on: 2006-08-21 15:17:09 »
Hey all,

Today I was asked by Jari (whom most of you know as Sad Jari) if I would please post something on his behalf on the boards, since he has deleted his account for personal reasons and is therefore unable to post.
Some of you will think and maybe even post "If he wanted to say something, why not just come back and say so himself?" or "Are you his personal typist now?"
Answer: No, I am not his personal typist, I have decided to post this because I want to and because I think it is the fair thing to do.
Why he can't post it himself, well most of you will hopefully be able to figure that out for themselves, otherwise let's just say it is illogical.

N.B: Just to avoid tons of speculation: No, he doesn't live anywhere near me and no we are not actually one and the same person.

So then, the following is Jari's message. (NOTE: these are his words, not mine, for those of you that have skipped my little intro and went straight here.)

"Hello Alhexx

I've asked EW to post this as a new thread, since it seems someone closed the last one. I suppose that someone had a reason for doing so... he's so afraid of me that he'll silence all discussion, even after I'm gone? :P

Perhaps telling people the reason why you close threads would remove some doubts about your reasons, no?

Anyway, the reason for this post; please don't put words into my mouth. I did not leave because I wanted to, anymore than I left the Lounge because I wanted to.

I left because it was the right thing to do. Sometimes there can be a world of difference between the two, and I don't really want to be known as a selfish person for actions that were not selfish.

Take care."

--Jari

rmco2003

Re: Message from Jari
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-21 17:17:52 »
Thank god he's gone, I feel a lot happier now :roll:

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-21 19:21:56 »
The right thing to do... sure

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-21 19:34:51 »
Hello Jari.

I suppose you want to point at this topic.
The reason why I closed it was very simple: Just take a look at the first line of the first post.

I wanted to avoid that people start posting how happy they are that you left, and start writing stuff like "OMG liek coem bak Jari!" (the grammar, I mean).

I did not want to dogmatically say why you left.
I have to admit that my choice of words has not been the best - what I wanted to say was:
Everyone should respect your decision to leave, even without knowing your reasons.

Therefore, I apologize for my choice of words. But I think that closing that topic was the right decision anyway.
It's not that I wanted that people do not talk about why you left - I did not want that people do it the way it was started in that other thread.

- Alhexx
« Last Edit: 2006-08-21 19:39:02 by Alhexx »

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-21 22:44:02 »
And it goes on and on...

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-22 01:43:25 »
Jari reminds me a lot of a friend of mine. She keeps promising to leave her boyfriend but in the end always comes back for more. :-P

I was away for ages and missed what went on with you lot and how everything got into such a mess. Surely now the best plan is to leave for good, and everybody stops posting messages from other people?

Might I humbly suggest that what appears to be a rather personal issue between members is kept out of the public domain and stays confined to email?

rmco2003

« Reply #6 on: 2006-08-24 12:55:02 »
I thought Jari wants everything in the public spotlight?

Kislinskiy

« Reply #7 on: 2006-08-24 23:15:40 »
Jari arouse my compassion. How isolated he must be in his real life, that he take an internet forum such seriously. Jari, go outside, expand your contacts and rehabilitate into society.

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #8 on: 2006-08-25 20:25:19 »
You guys all do realize that he can still read the forum, don't you?

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #9 on: 2006-08-25 20:36:04 »
So what if he can read all this stuff still. Its pointless to just look at it without replying so its juast the same as if he isn't here.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #10 on: 2006-08-25 20:41:20 »
I don't see how this board would benefit from his absence, other than making few people happier.

King Mod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-13 21:14:12 »
Who is this Jari fellow? His names pops up in alot of places in the forum. Just curious

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-09-13 21:43:20 »
He was quite a nice guy quite a while ago, from what I remember.  Quite respected too.  That user J*** H****** with all the posts saying 'Message' seems to be him too.

I too an curious about this business about the 'MOYB' and losing his face etc.  Can anyone explain?  I'm sorry if I overstepped the mark then.

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-09-13 21:49:44 »
The subject of Jari should probably be left alone. From Jari's message its clear that he wants to move on and we should all respect that.

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-09-13 21:56:21 »
It's debateable, but I'll agree on this one.  Shame though, I would've liked to have known...

King Mod

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-09-13 21:57:46 »
you won't hear anymore about it from me. I just thought it might be public information.