Author Topic: Q-Gears Bug Finding?  (Read 5281 times)

stevenw9

• View Profile
Q-Gears Bug Finding?
« on: 2006-10-06 11:49:20 »
I didn't see anything like this recently posted, so instead of getting yelld at for being a 'Necromancer' I am makeing this post. ^.^

My question is, do you need someone to crash and break the Q-Gears engine to find bugs? >:D I love to find bugs and I wanted to know if it would help at all. Also I have a good reputation for finding bugs in systems that includes, but is not limited to...

Star Wraith
Guild Wars
Cobolt Online
Gunz
Windows Vista Beta
Internet Explorer Beta 7

Akari

• View Profile
Re: Q-Gears Bug Finding?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-06 13:46:54 »
Right now I need testers for opcodes. There is amount of opcodes that has been implemented, and external XML file to load our own opcodes. So I need someone to test existed opcodes to work corectly.

I'm tester myself... Lead-tester though. I'm working in Targem Studio =)

stevenw9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-10-06 13:53:58 »
English? lol. I break things, not look into how they broke. :P

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-10-06 13:59:01 »
English? lol. I break things, not look into how they broke. :P

No? I'm russian.

Testing is a complex thing. We do not only final game testing, but also checking models, scripts, gameplay, balance. It's a hard work  :wink:
The game are not playable by now and may be not playable for next year. But you may learn how write thing and try to broke scripts =)

stevenw9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-10-06 16:48:05 »
I'm more of a person who loads it up, see what doesn't work, attempt debuging and submit the info. Then the dev's get to fixing :P. But yeah, maybe i'll learn something eventualy and I could help, lol.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 2006-10-06 17:25:28 »
You mean you do the easy stuff :P

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-10-07 20:31:57 »
Well I guess he's a beta tester? or alpha.
1) Halkun have you been able to get Q-gears to compile under Linux?
2) I have NOT been able to get Q-gears to compile under linux.
3) I have NOT been able to get Eclipse to be happy with Q-gears updates. It's primarily set up for CVS and I have been have real trouble dealing with the SVN updates with my source. I work on it when I can but I'm kind of frustrated.  I prefer SVN period but Eclipse support for it is nothing short of bad.  It also takes a fair amount of work. I'm not disappointed more frustrated. I'll have to delete the Q-gears project and see if I can get it compiling again.
4) Akari have you published your XML working format? Is there a need for an editor to make it happen?  I'm thinking we (editorial) as a project might want to discuse Tooling for the project (this includes debugging and testing it's pre alpha status).

Cyb

Synergy Blades

« Reply #7 on: 2006-10-08 14:24:57 »
As far as I could tell he was creating some script using an old Meteor version (with the original opcode commands, not the wikified version) and using the raw output from that placed between some script XML tags for the script. What I think might be a good idea is if there is a need for script testing in this manner is to make an export plugin for Meteor that can output the data it holds to an XML format that would suit your testing for Q-Gears, let me know if that'd be useful.