Author Topic: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5 - unsuported anymore  (Read 385265 times)

stabber

• View Profile
Amazing mod Satsuki!!!

I added also the Tetsuya Nomura Alternate Artwork Avatar Pack mod by @wictoriously and @Reiletuag for the border version.
For anyone that wants it too just extract this on FF7 folder after installing SYWV5 and replace all.

Is it possible to delete the intro movies and go directly to New Game/Continue screen?
Or a skip intros checkbox on launcher would be nice!

With the future addition of ninostyle char models and Aavock's minigames this truly feels like a complete remaster of FF7!

Thanks for the constant updates and hard work  ;D
« Last Edit: 2021-03-23 00:38:23 by stabber »

Tocho

• View Profile
It didn´t worked for me at least

I did a fresh installation of game (even deleting all folders related with FF7)
SYW V5 5.28 installed without errors
Game launched and get to the first save point saving my progress
Exit through game menu as usual
Launched again and SYW V5 alerted about my gamesaves were deleted and if i want to restore that, checked "yes" of course
Only "new game" option available, "continue" option is greyed out
The "official" gamefolder for savegames doesn´t have savegames
I tried to copy manually (copy+paste) from game´s backup folder but it doesnt work anyway (seems to delete every time i launch mod)

Edit: as aditional info, every time i launch the game all my controller/battle/menu configurations get reset to default (buttons, battle speed, colors, etc)

Kind regards :)
« Last Edit: 2021-03-22 14:02:11 by Tocho »

DonClass

• View Profile
One question: Do we need to have Cloud save activated on Square enix for this mod? I have it unabled in my case

TempUser23

• View Profile
So, even with the latest version my save game was deleted 1 hour in. Everything worked fine. Cloud save was disabled. Everything was left to default except by ps1 shadows on. After one hour of playing I decided to disable the hd characters. I entered the game and there was no continue option. I restarted the game and then the launcher gave me a prompt to restore my save. I accepted and the  game started again. No continue option. I went to the folder of the game in documents and the save was missing. I copied and pasted the backup save created from the mod to the square enix save folder. Restarted the game and still there was no continue option. I went back to the square enix folder in my documents and the save I just copied and pasted wasn´t there.

DonClass

• View Profile
Nah, i used the last version and even with the saves checked on, all my files get auto deleted

:(

Picture of what i checked

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
if you launch the syw after deleted savefile, do you have them restored ?
have you chacked that a backup of your save exists in "\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Backupsaves"

if you have some time contact me on discord for real time tests, as i can't reproduice your bug (satsuki_yatoshi#3370)

silhouette21

• View Profile
Greetings Satsuki, first of all, thank you for your work - SYW v5 is amazing.

I would like to ask if it is possible to have additional mods that are used in standalone installer, but with 7th Heaven? Like the 3d Models and anything else like the PSX music. Maybe you/someone could share links to those exact mods used, or maybe you could upload them with other .iro files?  ;D

Thanks again.

JackBurton

• View Profile
Hi,

i have the same problems with save erased.

When i open and close steam, the save in the folder path disappear.

Thanks

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@silhouette21
no, as said in first page, if you need iro, go for 7h

@all the one who have save self delete bug:
It seems to be related to some steam bad interaction.
I'll release a full pack again in a few hours witch will use 98's exes to avoid this bug (steam version will be requiered anyway as usual)
(it won't impact steam version, you'll can alway launch ff7 unmoded with steam or modded ff7 syw but they won't share save anymore)
« Last Edit: 2021-03-23 16:51:03 by satsuki »

DonClass

• View Profile
if you launch the syw after deleted savefile, do you have them restored ?
have you chacked that a backup of your save exists in "\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Backupsaves"

if you have some time contact me on discord for real time tests, as i can't reproduice your bug (satsuki_yatoshi#3370)

After that happened, i launched it again and asked me ''you want to restore save files?'' i said yes, but i have noone of them.

Yes of course i have free time everyday for me no problem, i will add you and we can talk

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
5.30 is released (please install this version !, it's 1998 exe based to avoid steam/save bugs)

It's not an update you can do, it's a full release.
The main change is that version use 1998 .exe to launch the game instead of the steam's ones.
So no more save delete bug is possible (finally).
The game will also launch faster as it don't need to launch steam first.
The very first time you launch the game it can take some time to launch because it'll need to copy some file.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-23 20:10:45 by satsuki »

DAnima

• View Profile
5.30 is released (please install this version !, it's 1998 exe based to avoid steam/save bugs)

It's not an update you can do, it's a full release.
The main change is that version use 1998 .exe to launch the game instead of the steam's ones.
So no more save delete bug is possible (finally).
The game will also launch faster as it don't need to launch steam first.
The very first time you launch the game it can take some time to launch because it'll need to copy some file.

does that mean the controller configuration i did in steam wont affect it at all?

bummer :(

update:
doesn't matter this install is using the default ps1 controls by default!
thx for this amazing mod you just made ff7 timeless!
« Last Edit: 2021-03-24 22:01:53 by DAnima »

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
Hey Satsuki,

Got a question. I'm installing this and New Threat standalone, and now that you included new exes, they won't work with New Threat. New Threat modifies the executable, but it won't touch yours, it'll only modify the steam exe. I'm not sure what to do now. I don't wanna use 7th heaven, since I hate that it requires admin access. I use everything through steam, and it messed stuff up when using big picture mode, with any game that requires admin access. Ideas? Thanks man.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
My mod also need admin when you launch it.
As said this mod pack is to be AIO
If you want to mod further, use 7h ^^

You could try to folowing
-rename ff7.e.exe to ff7.exe
-install nt mod
-rename ff7.exe to ff7.e.exe

not sur if it'll work but you can try ^^'

DonClass

• View Profile
Right now for me at least is working 100% without any problem now ^^

coflash

• View Profile
Out of curiosity, does this mean Steam achievements etc won't work?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Out of curiosity, does this mean Steam achievements etc won't work?
No.
Steam achivement would requiere a steam achivement hack.
By the way to avoid all the steam "bug about random delete savegame", i'm now using the 1998 exe to lauch ff7, so no way to get steam achievement.

Tocho

• View Profile
Now seems to be working fine
No issues detected

Thanks for this great work! :D

coflash

• View Profile
That's what I figured, thanks for your work, I look forward to trying it again tonight :)

Herr_Trigger

• View Profile
Is there a way to ONLY restore the old 'Game Over' screen?

Thank you kindly.  :)

AndreSZKL

• View Profile
Is it possible to download V4? I want to use it with Reunion

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Is there a way to ONLY restore the old 'Game Over' screen?

Thank you kindly.  :)
Just remove the gameover files from the "\SYWV5\disc" folder (e_over_xxxx files) and you'll get back the original gameover screen (unfiltered)

Is it possible to download V4? I want to use it with Reunion
V4 isn't up to date but if you want to use it : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20311.0

Onizuka

• View Profile
Good morning.

I've just registered to the forum.
I'm totally new to game modding. I bought the discounted FFVII Steam version a couple of days ago and would love to play the game with this SYW mod.

I followed the instructions and installed it, but when I start the game, after the first cutscene where I control Cloud, when I open the Menu and browse it, and also during battle, I get a huge glitch of the screen sort of "breaking apart", and it keeps on tearing like that. Like this big black triangle flashing and tearing the game screen in two.
I took a screenshot to show, but for some reason the screenshot looks OK!

I've the default options active on the launcher. I tried to disable some, but nothing changes.
I've Windows 7 on this laptop of 5 years ago.

Anyone here ever had this problem before?
Thanks if anyone has any idea. I'd really love to play with this mod.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-02 11:15:07 by Onizuka »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
If you use an ati/amd gpu use d3d12 instead of auto

LeftyTwoGuns

• View Profile
Having a few issues in the Golden Saucer

d3d12 is the only mode that doesn't give me visual glitches. But it causes several issues in Golden Saucer the other modes don't. The game will crash if I activate the basketball minigame or go into the Chocobo Race area. The slots in the battle arena are also blank. If I switch to D9 mode, instead of crashing at these parts the game slows down to like 1fps.

I have a Radeon 390x and a Ryzen 3900 and my drivers are up to date

EDIT:

Disabling HD Minigames fixes these crashes. What do I need to do to have HD Minigames without the crashes? I'm on the 21.3.1 version of AMD Radeon drivers, is this an issue with the driver?
« Last Edit: 2021-04-11 21:26:43 by LeftyTwoGuns »