Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3049070 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05b)
« Reply #3000 on: 2016-09-26 15:49:38 »
First issue is noted on Bugtracker.  Waiting for Kaldarasha update.  Second issue - shall fix.  Thanks for the reports.  There's bound to be more.... haha.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: 2016-09-26 17:21:09 »
I really have no idea how that one got past me.  Don't talk to Tifa when she is in the same cell as Aerith or it's bye bye. I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening when I tested so perhaps I changed something and buggered it all up.

edit.  yeah, you can go talk to them AFTER freeing Barrett/Red.  I forgot to set a measly "if then"  in case you didn't free them :P

It doesn't help that the original script code is a total and utter mess.

That one is fixed.

I am not sure if the Chocobo Farm mistake was even my fault..  there are a lot of original script errors here that need fixing anyway.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-27 02:57:20 by DLPB »

mttiw

• View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: 2016-09-27 21:24:53 »
Hey DLPB, I got a crash report for you.

It's during the second bombing mission, right before planting the bomb. Cloud will hear the loud ringing noise, drop to his knees, and BAM!.. "An error has occurred."
Link to a save file directly before this scene.
(Using Reunion 05b, DLPB's preference +American English -Model Overhaul)

Also, I'm questioning if this is an error or not: but during the intro to the game, when Barrett and the rest of the crew are waiting on the train for Cloud, there's this line:

The issue is that you have to hit [OK] when the "All of Avalanche" line appears, in order to see the rest of the message, rather than it appearing all at once. If that makes any sense.

Edit: Odd. Reinstalled with the same options and things are working fine again. My bad, should have checked beforehand.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-27 21:53:19 by mttiw »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: 2016-09-27 21:33:16 »
The second part is not a problem - it's done as a dramatic pause on purpose - and to make sure you read "All of avalanche" before the sigh..  But now that I am better at editing, this part would be much better with 4 dialogue boxes at once rather than what the Japanese did "All of Avalanche".  I think I'll add that.

The first issue I cannot replicate and it doesn't look like others have either, but I'll check again to be sure. Never know what kind of things can affect this. It may be the Model Overhaul script... (that might cause it in the map that is jumped to).  Did you use Weapon, too?
« Last Edit: 2016-09-27 21:36:03 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: 2016-09-27 21:45:18 »
Your save does not crash here.  I am using Model Overhaul. It may have been an unrelated glitch.  Try again.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: 2016-09-28 00:53:52 »
Hotfix 1 for Reunion R05b is on the first post. There are no options, so just install it (after R05b). It will fix the following:

Chocobo Farm: Original script is crap and needed a lot of work.
Shin-Ra Building: Game could hang if talking to Tifa in the cell.
Train: Avalanche members all sigh in different boxes now.

Some small tweaks to dialogue.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-28 02:27:16 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: 2016-09-28 05:43:20 »
*** Before you even ask, the only mod I have installed is Reunion with the hotfix.  I also have Anxious Heart installed, but they're just music files... ***

Back at it again with another play through...!  I'll probably finish this time around since I figured this would be one of the last major updates that would ever happen for Reunion.  Stopped midway through my last play through after I saw the massive updates you had planned.  I'll probably be posting a lot, FYI.  As always, a couple of things stood out for me.

Biggs
   Just think how many sacrificed... > Just think of how many sacrificed...  [Just questioning this since I'm not sure if the addition of the 'of' is required or not.]

Cloud (inner self speaking)
   Wake Up! > Wake up! [Is the capitalization of the 'U' intentional...?]

During dialogue with Aerith for the first time as the Flower Seller
   gil > Gil [Currency should be capitalized, no?  Not to mention you've capitalized it everywhere else that I've noticed such as the post-battle loot screen.]

During battle, indication of back row should have a space?
   Guard C(Back row) > Guard C (Back row)

Barrett
   Come waltzin' in here makin' a big scene. > Come waltzin' in here, makin' a big scene. [Figured a pause here is required seeing as how it's basically two different actions...?]

I've attached 3 pictures: https://imgur.com/a/KDFrQ
In the first one, the timer is cut off.  This happens only on the field, but not during battles.  The second and third is simply something I noticed, but sometimes the dialogue is aligned and sometimes it's not.  Is this intentional?

Final question for this post (not sure if this has been asked before or not): how feasible is it to add a quick save/load function?

Edit #1:
Talking to Jessie on the train
   passing through the ID-check area > passing through an ID-check area [I assume that there's more than one checking area...?]

Actually, you might want to check every instance of the word "gil".  I've found a few other places where it's not capitalized, and I'm pretty sure it should be since it's a currency.
Ex: There must've been about, hmm, easily a billion gil worth of damage. > Gil

Scene where Biggs is holding back Barrett downstairs. Biggs is clipping through table.

More images: https://imgur.com/a/lcY56
Read the description of each image.  It should tell you what my concerns are.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-28 07:17:50 by WatashiWaZero »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: 2016-09-28 13:15:13 »
   Just think how many sacrificed... > Just think of how many sacrificed...  [Just questioning this since I'm not sure if the addition of the 'of' is required or not.]

Yeah, it's good. :) We do it all the time in everyday speech. Do a google search for "Just think how many".

Cloud (inner self speaking)
   Wake Up! > Wake up! [Is the capitalization of the 'U' intentional...?]

Nice find.  I've corrected it.  Note that this is not the finalized version, though - since I am going through the game soon bit by bit for R06 and finalizing it as I go.  But this one may have escaped detection regardless.

During dialogue with Aerith for the first time as the Flower Seller
   gil > Gil [Currency should be capitalized, no?  Not to mention you've capitalized it everywhere else that I've noticed such as the post-battle loot screen.]

Actually it shouldn't be capitalized. We don't capitalize "pound" or "dollar". I have just checked all maps.  There is no capitalized Gil anywhere it shouldn't be.

During battle, indication of back row should have a space?
   Guard C(Back row) > Guard C (Back row)

It should have one automatically.  Are they all doing this - or just a specific enemy?

Barrett
   Come waltzin' in here makin' a big scene. > Come waltzin' in here, makin' a big scene. [Figured a pause here is required seeing as how it's basically two different actions...?]

I'll check with Covarr, but usually adding spaces for the sake of a pause is a no-no. I don't think a comma is needed here, but we'll see.

I've attached 3 pictures: https://imgur.com/a/KDFrQ
In the first one, the timer is cut off.  This happens only on the field, but not during battles.  The second and third is simply something I noticed, but sometimes the dialogue is aligned and sometimes it's not.  Is this intentional?

No, but it's something I am correcting during my part by part correction of all boxes. Since it uses a dialogue box. The alignment issue is caused by a missing space.  There will likely be a few of these here and there, but most people won't notice them.

Final question for this post (not sure if this has been asked before or not): how feasible is it to add a quick save/load function?

It must happen from a Save Point or you'll get all sorts of bad things happening. Ochu is the only way to make a quick save and even that can fail if you save in certain areas.

Edit #1:
Talking to Jessie on the train
   passing through the ID-check area > passing through an ID-check area [I assume that there's more than one checking area...?]

Yeah, it's probably more clear as "an".  I've changed it.  It wouldn't be too bad anyway since you are told they are at transit points.

Scene where Biggs is holding back Barrett downstairs. Biggs is clipping through table.

I spotted this and left it.  Tbh there are tons of these things littering the game and if I corrected them all I'd be here until 100. I might correct that one though.

More images: https://imgur.com/a/lcY56
Read the description of each image.  It should tell you what my concerns are.

The double quote missing is a mistake, the rest is gramatically sound.  She's also not thinking "money"  - she's saying it.  The only time she thinks something is "Oh no! It's cloud!"  which is why it doesn't have speech marks.

Thanks for the report.  Note that R06 will have a lot of fixes to grammar and to boxes, so it's best to wait until that's out in regards to those items.  But spelling mistakes (really shouldn't be any now), missing words (where it is a grammatical error), double words, or more serious errors should be reported.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-28 15:33:55 by DLPB »

Galm

• View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: 2016-09-28 15:26:03 »
During the first Fort Condor minigame mission when passing by, I had some missing models and some really glitched out ones - one of them was a psychadelically colored, miniature Materia Keeper model instead of either beasts/wyverns..  The attacker model looked fine, though. Sorry this is a little vague, it was a few days ago and I was too tired at the time.

Some purchase choices weren't showing any models at all and there was missing text.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: 2016-09-28 15:29:16 »
That's v strange indeed.  Did you install R05 on clean files? 

Galm

• View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: 2016-09-28 15:42:20 »
I only use Reunion (with updated models), so about as clean as multiple uninstalls/reinstalls due the earlier issues allow.  :-P

I'll try again once I'm around Condor next time, unfortunately I don't have any saves near it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: 2016-09-28 15:43:09 »
It's ok I am testing it in a second.

Haha... yeah some sort of issue there :P

I am not sure what though.  The files haven't changed there that I can see.

edit.

Seems to do it on Steam but not 1998.  That's strange.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-28 16:16:28 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: 2016-09-28 17:28:23 »
I'll check with Covarr, but usually adding spaces for the sake of a pause is a no-no. I don't think a comma is needed here, but we'll see.
Commas are for clauses, not pauses. That said, not only would a comma not be proper here by strict grammar, but I even think this sounds better without a pause. It's best to leave it as-is.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: 2016-09-29 00:04:24 »
Positioning of boxes, finalization of Beacause, and the story-based walkthrough has finally begun. I also plan to update FMVs as I go through the game - if I can manage to do them justice. It's going to be bit by bit.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: 2016-09-29 02:16:50 »

It should have one automatically.  Are they all doing this - or just a specific enemy?

http://imgur.com/a/ySE9q

Seems to be every enemy by the way Dan.  Not a big deal though... Just something I noticed.  For second picture, maybe use the child version of Cloud since it's a flashback?  Seems odd to have the current Cloud model used in this scene.  Not to mention having him lay in bed with the Buster Sword on his back.

Also, another question for you (and again, not sure if this was asked already...):
when a character has a Limit Break filled, they can no longer attack normally.  Is it possible to program back in the option to attack normally even with a Limit Break bar filled?

Edit #1: ** For R06 **
http://imgur.com/a/Q7unH
Great Gospel's description goes off screen by the way.  Also, maybe replace 'causes' with 'grants'?  Sounds more like Aerith to give/endow allies rather than forcibly cause/push something onto people.

Also noticed that the description you've set for Aerith's Limits (are all descriptions like this as well...?) are verbose.  Perhaps remove the word 'all' before intended targets in every description?  It could help in fitting the description into the dialogue box.  Not to mention that it seems redundant and should be implied.   I think players can assume that it's singular when it's "an enemy", and every enemy when it's "enemies".

ex:
Restores HP for all allies > Restores HP for allies
Seals magic and causes Stop to all enemies > Seals magic and causes Stop to enemies
Cures status and magic abnormalities for all allies > Cures all abnormalities for allies
« Last Edit: 2016-09-29 02:37:32 by WatashiWaZero »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: 2016-09-29 02:49:34 »
The descriptions are finalized and have been written that way for consistency.  Since Invincibility is a status, it is always "caused".  I know it looks wrong, but it's to be consistent across the board. Think of it as a neutral word, rather than "this is bad".  Also "All enemies" is necessary to make it absolutely clear.  Removing "all" doesn't really add anything to it, but makes it more unclear. I think descriptions like this should always be detailed.

The Cloud model.  Well, I think I may add Kaldarasha's young cloud model at some point, but I'll have to see what it looks like.  Is there a picture of it?  The Buster Sword is clearly wrong there, though.

Is it possible to program back in the option to attack normally even with a Limit Break bar filled?

Very likely, but the best way would be to flash between the two like Coin/Throw.  Might be worth someone looking into that for a separate mod.  Ask NFITC1 :)

Great Gospel's description goes off screen by the way.

Yeah, this seems to be one that escaped my attention when I changed back to the older font.  Thanks :)

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: 2016-09-29 03:31:41 »
So something that I've encountered is a run/walk bug when you try to escape past Aerith in her house.  When defaulting to always run, if I try to hold X to walk, it glitches out and you end up running and alerting Aerith.  Not sure if this is a bug with your mod in particular, but I've always just used Ochu to go around that problem by disabling the default run functionality.

Fun fact:
if you use Ochu to tweak your game with max battles in field/world, you can bug out the music since you can transition between battles faster than the music can.  Causing you to go into battles with the field/world music.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: 2016-09-29 03:33:22 »
Aerith home issue is known and the only problem with "default run" - to escape.. just run not walk :P I could fix script here to account for the change, but I don't use the default run. I've debated removing it from Reunion, but may as well leave it.

Edit.

Also, on the "back row" issue.  I remember the problem now.  FF7 has a space after all enemy names (and it has to be there or you create another issue). So "Flapbeat " comes out as "Flapbeat (Back row)"  but when there is a letter after it, you get "Flapbeat A(back row)" - because you cannot add a space after the letter. Well, not unless I go mess about and add one with assembly anyway. Perhaps it would be better to have "Flapbeat  (Back row)" [2 spaces] as the trade-off instead, so the letter version would gain one space. 

Edit.

And the limit description of "Dragon Dive" appears off screen in battle. I have made exceptions to the consistency to fit them in the box.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-29 05:33:53 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: 2016-09-29 05:50:34 »
http://imgur.com/a/0491s

There's a purple dot on the screen.  It's very visible.  Not sure if you noticed this, but it's on field 223 - wcrimb_1, according to Ochu.
Second picture shows multiple models outside of the pool area.

As for the young Cloud model, perhaps you can use the one used in the first flashback with Tifa at the water tower?  That model should work since it should be around the same time frame.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: 2016-09-29 05:51:05 »
Holy shit that is noticeable.  That's one for Ilducci to fix. 

As for the Young Cloud - that one is from years earlier - long before he has become an ordinary soldier.

I'll fix the model placement at Honeybee Manor if I get time.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-29 05:55:15 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: 2016-09-29 05:56:36 »
So that scene with his mother is after he had went to Midgar, tried out for Soldier, and then came back?  I guess it makes sense now seeing as how they're talking about settling down already... >.>
I always thought that the scene was right before he was about to leave, during his early/mid teens.

Edit #1:
In the pool picture, he also has his sword in the bathtub with him by the way... Not sure if you can fix that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: 2016-09-29 06:01:06 »
So that scene with his mother is after he had went to Midgar, tried out for Soldier, and then came back?  I guess it makes sense now seeing as how they're talking about settling down already... >.>
I always thought that the scene was right before he was about to leave, during his early/mid teens.

You're confusing scenes. The water tower scene is when he was a kid - before setting out to become a Soldier (a member of Soldier), which he fails to do.  He does become an ordinary soldier, though, in Shin-Ra, and returns with Sephiroth years later, where he spends the night at his own home before the events the day after (where he travels with Sep, Tifa, Zax, and another soldier to Mt Nibl). The water tower scene and the events at Niblheim, where he talks to his mother, are separated by years. It's his mother who wants him to settle down and find a nice girl. Cloud talks about how the company is treating him okay.

Edit #1:
In the pool picture, he also has his sword in the bathtub with him by the way... Not sure if you can fix that.

Yup, that's also an error that will need fixing.  Well... it should do... but there's no easy way to show him leaving his sword out of the tub and then recollecting. So we may have to just bite the bullet here.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-29 06:06:48 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: 2016-09-29 06:32:59 »
The Fort Condor minigame models being corrupted with Steam version is likely some sort of issue with their version of Aali's Custom Driver.  I doubt it can be fixed - so I'll remove Fort Condor models with R06 when using Steam version.  I may remove the mod altogether from Fort Condor since it was never completed.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: 2016-09-29 06:51:30 »
You're confusing scenes. The water tower scene is when he was a kid - before setting out to become a Soldier (a member of Soldier), which he fails to do.  He does become an ordinary soldier, though, in Shin-Ra, and returns with Sephiroth years later, where he spends the night at his own home before the events the day after (where he travels with Sep, Tifa, Zax, and another soldier to Mt Nibl). The water tower scene and the events at Niblheim, where he talks to his mother, are separated by years. It's his mother who wants him to settle down and find a nice girl. Cloud talks about how the company is treating him okay.

Got it.

Another question: with the 60 FPS mod enabled, enemy dialogue appears and disappears too fast to be read.  Is it possible to slow it down?  For instance, during fights with story-line characters such as the Turks or the Mayor, they usually say something snippy, but I can never catch it fast enough.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: 2016-09-29 06:52:54 »
Pretty sure changing config battle message speed would fix that?