Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3048617 times)

darxide

• View Profile
The torrent won't start. It's stuck at "Stalled" with both tracker status showing "Not Working". I've managed to download R05c from the torrent, but of course I'd prefer the newest version.

marcnivar

• View Profile
I encountered crash every time I tried to enter nibelheim. I found that the problem is gone if I turn off new translation in option.ini. Is it safe to turn it off mid game, continue with my save game, and turn it on after leaving nibelheim?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
I encountered crash every time I tried to enter nibelheim. I found that the problem is gone if I turn off new translation in option.ini. Is it safe to turn it off mid game, continue with my save game, and turn it on after leaving nibelheim?

it is safe to do that, but also if you upgrade to newest reunion that bug has been fixed

marcnivar

• View Profile
it is safe to do that, but also if you upgrade to newest reunion that bug has been fixed

Is it safe to upgrade midgame? Do I need to uninstall everything to reinstall?

deku

• View Profile
Is it safe to upgrade midgame? Do I need to uninstall everything to reinstall?
As long as you backup your save file, it’s safe to do so. I believe you need to uninstall everything and the reinstall it all brand new with the latest version. Someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Just copy your save file to another location on your computer that won’t be wiped away by uninstalling and the put it back when you’ve installed the new one.

GrayFoxN312

• View Profile
1. An explanation of the bug:
Randomly, when ending  the battle as the game fades to black after victory poses transitioning to the results screen, the game will end and close out by itself. No window pops up after saying that the game has crashed.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
This has happened a few times while grinding in the Junon Forest area and the Gold Saucer area.
3. App.log (found in root folder)
(check in drive link)
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
(check in drive link)
5. crash.dmp (found in root folder if the game crashed)
(no updated one was provided in root folder when the game closed itself...)
6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang
(check in drive link)
7. Audio.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
(check in drive link)

Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oyrCDsu5dAnDh-Ziwg8gLkOfKjNCh59N?usp=sharing

[if this is a performance issue]
8. Your CPU spec
Intel Core i5 8300H
9. Your operating system
 Win10

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
:P  Sorry.  Being way too confrontational and I can't help it. Just a lot of stress in general.  I might need to just expand this thread for general bug reports because i'll be forever telling people to use the other thread, won't i?

Nah, don't worry about it. I've been here since the beginning and have seen the stuff you go through and the people you deal with. It's understandable. However, I do want to note that I treat all bugs as Reunion bugs by default simply because I don't touch vanilla anymore as stated. Reunion is a necessity nowadays. To play FF7 without all the bug fixes and QoL stuff that Reunion adds is just too much of a regression for any sane and logical person to do. It's like choosing to drive a 1903 Ford Model T vs. a 2020 Tesla Model 3. Why...?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@GrayFoxN312

I was hoping the audio log would provide the answer but sadly not.  This is a known bug and it's going to be very very difficult to track down. Everyone seems to be getting it at times. 

Do you have any idea how often this is happening?  If possible, disable 60fps battles and New Translation and see if the issue continues.  Has anyone else had this with R06e and with 60fps and New Translation off?  It doesn't look like this is an audio issue anymore - but it could be.  It's definitely not the log issue we had before - that's resolved.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-02 10:37:53 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Is there a problem with Reunion running on WinXP machines? I have an old laptop connected to a CRT, figured i would try to play the game oldschool style, but that laptop is running WinXP professional, x86, of course. So as i know, there is no architecture limitations, as i've tested both Win10 x86 and x64, and both ran flawlessly, but when i try to run the installer of Reunion under XP, it says that it's not a compatible x86 program, no idea why this happens, is that supposed to happen?

Also, same with just copy pasting the entire folder. ddraw does not let the game to boot, and crashes on startup.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've had a report about this too but all honesty... I have no time to test it and I think upgrade is the solution.  XP is unsupported and obsolete.

GrayFoxN312

• View Profile
@DLPB

I'd say as I go twenty or thirty battles or so in on the overworld in those areas I mentioned it's most likely to frequently occur (I'm currently grinding for double materia growth and limit level ups). I will try turning off 60fps battles to see if it helps any. My alt is using RetroArch Beetle PSX HW with Beacause which works quite alright for me anywho but I hope we can get this PC vers issue fixed soon because I quite like playing with new textures, new translation, and a custom framework to do a lot with if I want to, etc.

Agravaile

• View Profile
I've had a report about this too but all honesty... I have no time to test it and I think upgrade is the solution.  XP is unsupported and obsolete.

Ah, i see that's a known issue. Understandable, yes. Only a few would want to install it on XP, and then if you think about it, Reunions is more like meant to make life easier on modern platforms, not just Beacause, it makes sense. Thanks anyway!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Plus I don't have XP :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also try to disable New Translation and see if the issue persists. 

Fireflew

• View Profile
Wish I could download this but the torrent has been looking for peers for 24 hours + now...

Any chance of the mirror going back up?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There are definitely peers and seeds.  You must have a misconfigured torrent program?  Try qBittorrent.

Fireflew

• View Profile
Tried both utorrent and qBittorrent, neither of them manage to find peers/seeds. How odd :/.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There are 5 seeds and I'm here for another hour also.  So definitely there is.  Perhaps firewall issue etc?

Fireflew

• View Profile
OK managed to get it via another application called Deluge. Cheers!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
1. An explanation of the bug:
Randomly, when ending  the battle as the game fades to black after victory poses transitioning to the results screen, the game will end and close out by itself. No window pops up after saying that the game has crashed.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
This has happened a few times while grinding in the Junon Forest area and the Gold Saucer area.
3. App.log (found in root folder)
(check in drive link)
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
(check in drive link)
5. crash.dmp (found in root folder if the game crashed)
(no updated one was provided in root folder when the game closed itself...)
6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang
(check in drive link)
7. Audio.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
(check in drive link)

Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oyrCDsu5dAnDh-Ziwg8gLkOfKjNCh59N?usp=sharing

[if this is a performance issue]
8. Your CPU spec
Intel Core i5 8300H
9. Your operating system
 Win10

Replicated.  Which is a start because it means I can finally try to sort this.  Can't make it crash with new translation off... so that narrows it down.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-03 03:16:14 by DLPB »

Fireflew

• View Profile
Is it possible to independently have the 'Centered Fields' option. Like a quick fix on it's own without any of the additional things that come with Reunion.

I really just want to keep everything vanilla but the centered fields feature is really nice, instead of having that large black bar at the bottom.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@GrayFoxN312

I have been unable to replicate the bug when either 60fps is off or New Translation is off... so I think it may need both to be active.  If anyone has seen a crash with R06e with either of them disabled, please let me know.

jonthecpa

• View Profile
So what you want to do is download satsuki's upscaled backgrounds from here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19204.0

Unpack the .iro files with the tool that he mentions in the thread, so that you get a bunch of .png files in different folders.
After that, move all those files to E:\Spel\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\satsuki
Not the movies though, they go under E:\Spel\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies, just replace the ones that are already there.

And then in options.ini, put this under CUSTOM

[CUSTOM]
Mod_ID = satsuki

Folder path should look like this: https://imgur.com/a/kMJLVP0
If you want scanlines, go to Reunion folder, then program_files, edit psx.post and under MISC put a 1 at #define USE_SCANLINES .

Game should look miles better now!

Let me know if you can't get it working.

I tried following these instructions, but no luck. I ran the installer using the Reunion option, but it just doesn't seem like it's doing anything. Should I expect to see it create files somewhere?

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Hello DLPB,

I'm not sure of the following is being intended or not: basically when you reach Cosmo Canyon and then try to go back to Chocobo Farm (close to Kalm) with buggy the Old man in the farm will still talk about a guy with a black cloak and of course the huge snake. Is that intended?

BR

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
That's an original game issue and no fault.  There's nothing we can do to correct that - the developers didn't intend you to do that.  Please try to report bugs that are obviously bugs as it will clutter this thread otherwise.  Rule of thumb:  if you have to ask me if it's intended, don't post a report.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-03 09:42:33 by DLPB »