Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale : Battle, world map, fields, videos  (Read 190472 times)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
-If i made this installed it was to cover all possible version with iro, png, dds, reunion.... i won't make iro again ^^
-I know hat some AV will tell it's a virus but in virustotal it 3/72 so it's a false positive, a may use an nsis installer instead but won't be easy as that, so i'll see latter

Cloud’s Stripe

• View Profile
Hello Satsuki,
I previously used mod along Wallmarket with 7thH and R05c in order to change all weapon model ID textures into the initial equipment ones (Buster Sword, Gatling Gun, etc.).
I (finally) installed RO6d along with your great SYW-installer and Wallmarket no longer changes the weapon textures into the initial ones.
Does anynone have any insight into what could be causing the problem? I reinstalled SYW with ‘Disable 3D textures’ but that didn’t work neither.
(I don’t use Kaldarasha’s character models or Magic & combat fx btw.)
The kernel file I create through WM is updated and located correctly in the data->kernel folder.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I loved playing with the iconic weapons the characters have in the cutscenes.
Thanks!

edit: nothing to do with SYW indeed, in order for W.M. to work i have to edit the kernel.bin in RO6 New Translation folder instead of the data folder. all apologies!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-20 09:59:18 by Cloud’s Stripe »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
My pack don't mod 3D models at all if you dont use the option for the 3d battle model texture.
Seems related to reunion, please ask in the reunion post.

kiddavidacus

• View Profile
First time modding FF7 steam release. I did the following:

1. Clean install of steam FF7
2. Ran Reunion installer
3. Ran SYW installer with menus unchecked and clicked Install with the Reunion

Is this correct? Also is there any chance to launch this through steam to track playtime or no?

prepupa

• View Profile
Whenever I try to install with any of the options, I get an error:
Run-time error '70': Permission denied.
Any idea how to fix? I've tried running as admin and disabling anti-virus, but that doesn't seem to work.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@kiddavidacus
looks good to me
for reunion question please ask in the specific thread

@prepupa
this error is because you don't have write accès to one file or another
try from another folder, your desktop for exemple

marcnivar

• View Profile
Can I just download the file in this thread and use it for steam version of ff7?

I see older thread mentioning ff7 converter. Do I still need to do the conversion for the latest installer versions?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
You need to use reunion 06 or 7h or game converter (manual install)
You can't use it on steam alone

marcnivar

• View Profile
You need to use reunion 06 or 7h or game converter (manual install)
You can't use it on steam alone

Is there any link to installation guide or sth in order to get steam version works with this mod?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Updated pack builder to 4.12 version, only tweaked some parts (removed 3d battle texture, too much bugs with other mods and disable menu by default to avoid custom UI bugs) and changed code a bit to avoid false prositive with some antivirus (i hope so, it's ok with virustotal atm)

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
Hi satsuki, your pack builder doesn't allow us to create individual IROs for Field, Battle, Magic, etc, because if I create a pack for Field and another one for Battle, 7th heaven complains that the second pack is already imported. If we create a single IRO for multiple packs, we can't set the correct category for proper load order.
Would it be possible for the installer to create separate IROs for the packs we select that can be simultaneously loaded in 7th heaven?

marcnivar

• View Profile
To be honest I’m very confused with how to use this mod. I have not modded ff7 before. It looks like reunion also need ff convertor, and it seems like will install other components as well. So not sure what is the difference with manual install. Is it more recommended to use with reunion?

So install game, then ff convertor, then reunion, then ff7 syw, do I understand correctly?

marcnivar

• View Profile
To be honest I’m very confused with how to use this mod. I have not modded ff7 before. It looks like reunion also need ff convertor, and it seems like will install other components as well. So not sure what is the difference with manual install. Is it more recommended to use with reunion?

So install game, then ff convertor, then reunion, then ff7 syw, do I understand correctly?

I think I know why i confused, reunion does not need ff convertor for steam version, I will try to install reunion and this mod.

Cloud’s Stripe

• View Profile

No worries, it’s easier than ever.
Install FFVII, then Reunion RO6, then run the above SYW installer and you are good.

Reunion and SYW include all the files you need automatically; you just need to tick boxes about what you want to install.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@ssjkakaroto
i'll check that asap

CryoGniC

• View Profile
Replaced all links for textures with and all in one pack builder

Feel free to try ^^

Hi fellas, just installed FF7 from Steam and Installed The Reunion - R06d. Then decided to install SYW v4 using SYWinstaller412.

After I chose output folder, then I chose bottom option "Install with The Reunion (R06 and above)":
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W1z6TVVxOBvY3YBPCJ1zihxRC4jmDBq_

After the progress is finished (took me almost 1 hour to complete), I tried to open FF7 again. Just want to confirm if the SYW mod installed correctly, I took the in-game screen shot:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mI00ChPI_5qGNt029Fr_QkztH3DKuq3g

Looking at my screenshot, dDoes that mean the SYW mod is working as intended?

If I want to change the character and NPCs sprite, do I need another mod for that?

Thank you in advance!

marcnivar

• View Profile
Installed successfully, it looks really great, thank you for this MOD.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-16 01:27:40 by marcnivar »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Builder updated to 4.1.3
-Added link to FFNx, 7H and Reunion pages
-Added an option to choose compression level of the iro
-Iros pack have an unique Id and name depending the options you choose, this is avoiding overwriting when creating iro with differents options and you can do individual pack for 7h without import error

marcnivar

• View Profile
I installed successfully and played for a while, everything looks good.

However, some time after quitting the game, the program compatibility assistant box pop out, stating something like "this program might not have installed correctly, to easy use ff7 SYW packs SYS Softs, If this program didn't install correctly, you can try installing the program using compatibility settings". And there are two options `Install using compatibility settings` and `This program installed correctly`.

I selected the second one this time, but could this message due to any installation problem?

PaterNoel

• View Profile
Hey, Windows Defender and VirusTotal are detecting a virus within the installer, I don't know if the download got hijacked or something but VirusTotal reads it as doing some strange things, it seems to have been updated today. I'd like to use this mod but not unless it's safe obviously.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2b4f78c6cb00bf0b670d3db0c6385d10b2f89af8b59fec1b644be06565839bd2/detection

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Probably because of some compatibility assistant, appens sometime in windows 8/10 with vb6 apps

marcnivar

• View Profile
Probably because of some compatibility assistant, appens sometime in windows 8/10 with vb6 apps

Do I need to reinstall the mod, or can I just ignore this message.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
You can ignore it

Granfalloon

• View Profile
Hey, great work here love using your textures.

One issue, I installed the latest Reunion then your mod with the Menu pack as well and I get some glitches like ⌘ replacing ♥ symbols, invisible button prompts and I realized that it's coming from your usfont_#_##.png files, they don't match up with the typical font so I'm a bit confused at what to do here besides going in and editing the missing symbols/buttons in myself. Hoping you could help before I do that though.

Edit: Oh I see here: "If you're using Reunion R06 or an UI mod be carefull with the menu option it can cause issue"
I guess that's the problem. I'll have to edit the files myself then.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-16 19:59:03 by Granfalloon »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
You found out.
Or just use the usfont from avalanche gui 2.08 or 2.10 should be ok with reunion