Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale : Battle, world map, fields, videos  (Read 190497 times)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@Kitokys
i'll make it red and black in next version ^^

@Gracc
There's an exe inside, if you don't have it, probably your antivirus as deleted it, some antivirus flag it as it's writing/moving/deleting files with api (false positive).
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 16:15:53 by satsuki »

Gracc

• View Profile
@Gracc
There's an exe inside, if you don't have it, probably your antivirus as deleted it, some antivirus flag it as it's writing/moving/deleting files with api (false positive).

Ah yes, this was it! Fantastic, now everything is working great. It's wonderful to be able to replay FFVII with much improved visuals that retain the original style. Thanks again!

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
a couple of artifacts at gold saucer entrance:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dsEC6s3l3DNZO8KaXMOI2xsI8T-egcHY/view?usp=sharing

i noticed these awhile back, wasnt gonna even bother reporting since they are so minor, but slowly they've started to bug me

plus gold saucer is another one that is revisited a lot, kinda like the chocobo farm

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Thanks for reporting but it's not artifact, it's the resize process, you can see those dots in vanilla too, but hard to see because of low resolution.

ghostt

• View Profile
hi guys, i am keen to try these mods and it all seems legit.. however i'm getting a windows defender warning when i try to run the SYWv4installer.exe, stating its a trojan "Trojan:win32/Wacatac.C!ml".

has anyone else had this issue? is there a way to get these mods without running the .exe (using 7th heaven 2.0)?

jonthecpa

• View Profile
Hi Satsuki, really appreciate your work!

I notice that your installer puts the files in the GLOBAL folder for the Reunion. Is there a reason it does not create a custom folder so we can disable/enable when we are testing with other graphics mods?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I used the reunion manual to make it the good way and as simple as possible for casual user.
If you want to do it in your own way, you can easily use the convert dds to png for manual install instead

jonthecpa

• View Profile
I used the reunion manual to make it the good way and as simple as possible for casual user.
If you want to do it in your own way, you can easily use the convert dds to png for manual install instead

Makes perfect sense. Thank you! I'll give that a try. Keep up the great work!

Germmie

• View Profile
Tested the installer with reunion R06. Everything looks perfect but it seems like the SFX texture are not loaded. For example hit particles are still pixelated. Do you know why? Installed twice and checked  that the textues are copied to reunion/GLOBAL

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Tested the installer with reunion R06. Everything looks perfect but it seems like the SFX texture are not loaded. For example hit particles are still pixelated. Do you know why? Installed twice and checked  that the textues are copied to reunion/GLOBAL
Have you done a manual install or do you used "install wih reunion" option ?

Germmie

• View Profile
done with the extractor and selected the exe folder as well as use reunion option. The battle, field textures are installed correctly. Only SFX is not which is weird

Rumbah

• View Profile
Just wanted to let you know that Windows Defender flags your installer as a false positive. I wanted to submit it to Microsoft but got an error message as a home user. You might want to try it as a developer before it "spreads" to the other big scanners. (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/cfc99ec2c9eaeab557c6e5ca9a8b498f0a2d615c2754d55c6554161b731b7916/detection)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@Germmie
are the sfx in "\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\Battle\" or in "\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\" ?

@Rumbah
i can't understand why most vb6 software are flaged as false positive ..., i'll change the icon again to prevent that ... for some time

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Thanks for reporting but it's not artifact, it's the resize process, you can see those dots in vanilla too, but hard to see because of low resolution.

ah, i see

thanks for telling me that, i'm glad i didnt waste my time trying to fix it myself then  :-P

Goldenboy22

• View Profile
@Satsuki,

NOOB QUESTION:

Do you think using PS4/PSN version background as SOURCE MATERIAL could produce a BETTER VERSION? Le's say a v5...

I think i can extract for you those backgrounds ;)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
ps4 is pc version just blurred a lot
>no

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
Some kind of artifact in Wutai in chief's Godot (Yuffie's father) house in the room where he sleeps on the table is horizontal black line:
Spoiler: show

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I'll check that, thanks for the report

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Corrected : http://ff7syw.free.fr/uttmpin2.7z
Will be in next release

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
New version :
-updated uttmpin2
-changed icon to avoid some AV false positive

Chrestomanci

• View Profile
I get this error when opening the installer:

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
@satsuki: would it be possible to pack the program separately from the dds files when there are no changes to the dds?
That way we can avoid downloading 2+ GB every time there's a new version.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
I get this error when opening the installer:

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

most likely has to do with antivirus, make sure you disable or add the .exe file as exception

@satsuki: would it be possible to pack the program separately from the dds files when there are no changes to the dds?
That way we can avoid downloading 2+ GB every time there's a new version.

with every fix the associated dds file does indeed need to be updated (changed), and he posted the fix by itself so you dont need to download the whole thing again unless you deleted the installer  AND need the png file

but i will be uploading the png files shortly since i would convert it anyway and might as well save the time for everyone else

Edit:

Satsuki's Wutai table fix in PNG format
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14xfmHqzuwan1AziZHrAVKFtvFM2Iur0w/view?usp=sharing

this time i tried to take out all the files but the uttmpin2 files inside SYWV4 and then try to convert from the installer and it hung, anyway to make it so when doing this function if the file isnt there the process can just move on to the next? would be nice to just be able to convert the fix instead of the entire mod
« Last Edit: 2020-05-09 04:27:47 by Orichalcon »

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
I'm getting the same error as Chrestomanci with the latest version (no AV installed, W7 x64).

@Orichalcon: There are some changes to the program that are not related to the dds files. If you want to download the new version of the program, you HAVE to download the whole pack again.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@Orichalcon and ssjkakaroto
I don't kown why you would have this error, witch windows do you use ?

@Orichalcon
ATM it's not possible as all convert list are hard coded, but you can edit them in \tools\lst, or i can use an option to my dds converter (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19701.0) so it can convert back dds to png, would be easiyer for that