Author Topic: Help with monster data  (Read 2898 times)

ashuramarsh

Help with monster data
« on: 2005-10-16 23:53:49 »
I am looking for the monster data, I'm not sure what file it is in. I am not lookng for the models or such. I am doing an FF d20 game for some friends and I am having issues with the monster stats for damage rations and such.

I am looking for the data files that contain levels, hit points, strength, attack, defense and such info. Any help would be great, thanks.

Mobius

• View Profile
Help with monster data
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-17 01:38:12 »
All of that is located within the Scene.bin in your FF7/battle folder. You can extract all the files from this using Scene Explorer by M4v3R, and browse the info from these 256 files (there are a few monsters per each file) using either SceneEdit, again by M4v3R, or Scenester by Lord Ramza. If I remember, either SceneEdit or Scene Explorer comes with a .txt listing which scene part contains which enemy.

You can find all the programs mentioned linked in Elentors 'Compilation of Programs' topic at the top of the forum.

ashuramarsh

Help with monster data
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-17 02:34:04 »
Thanks, that'll be helpful, doing the low level enemies now and the nly thing I know is they should have a defense rating of sme sort, but not sure what. Only figure dout the damage formula to a degree, but i'll need to alter it all abit for a d20 BESM/MODERN

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
Help with monster data
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-17 20:53:51 »
Will it be somewhere in the web? My friends would be almost orgasmic for this FF7 D20 shard :D

your evil twin

• View Profile
Help with monster data
« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-17 21:17:39 »
Heh, it's actually a really good idea.  I occasionaly play Dungeons and Dragons with some mates of mine, and also my girlfriend is into FFVII, so if the two were brought together she'd probably get into it as well!

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Help with monster data
« Reply #5 on: 2005-10-18 08:21:41 »
Hi, now it comes to my mind that you can view such info in Leviathan too, here is a screenshot, look into upper-left corner. You can download it here.