Author Topic: Battle arena  (Read 6581 times)

Relf

• View Profile
Battle arena
« on: 2004-10-26 01:05:11 »
I have been replaying FF7 (again) and for some reason I just get the tissue  as a condolence prize even if I beat all 8 stages for some reason, any Idea why?

On another note

While I'm typing this I'm stuck in a battle with serpent(round 8) and it is just my luck to have equiped Ice absorbing armour, which would be good, had I not been in berserk and mini, attacking endlessly for 1 damage(it has 14000 HP) :erm:

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-26 08:06:02 »
How far are you into the game? Because you can only get prizes when you are free to walk around, after the end of disc 1 or 2 I think....nopt sure though.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-26 10:24:49 »
It's prolly because:

a) you're indeed not far enough yet, not sure though
b) you score points each time you play, however, as soon as you leave the battle-arena all of your collected points are lost (which is why it's so totally screwed up to get omnislash(32000bp)  :wink: )

Could this be it, if not, sorry.

Greetz,

E.W.

Relf

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #3 on: 2004-10-26 20:06:37 »
Quote from: James Pond
How far are you into the game? Because you can only get prizes when you are free to walk around, after the end of disc 1 or 2 I think....nopt sure though.

That makes the most sense because I have beaten it a few times and have 2000 bp...
And Im still fighting the serpent >.<

fabriknos

• View Profile
    • http://www.heavy-industries.net
Battle arena
« Reply #4 on: 2004-10-28 17:54:43 »
i get the tissue every time i beat all 8 rounds also. might just be a programming oversight or something. at least i still get bp  :D

Relf

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #5 on: 2004-10-28 23:09:09 »
Nope, just need to be in the special round I think (such a waste of time).

fabriknos

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #6 on: 2004-10-30 00:15:03 »
that's hilarious that you're in berserk AND mini... :D man, you need to equip a Ribbon before you head in Battle Arena. and what is the special round - is that where all the handicaps are Materia based? that's the only one that defeated me...

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #7 on: 2004-10-30 15:37:53 »
I believe the special round is where you fight 7 (or 8 ) bosses in a row, instead of ordinary mobs.

fabriknos

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #8 on: 2004-10-30 18:50:10 »
sweet. so what do you get at the end of that? what are the bosses like? so far nothing has given me any problem in the battle arena, though that red raptor lookin fellow with something like 30,000 hit points takes awhile to bludgeon into submission.

Relf

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #9 on: 2004-10-31 18:17:59 »
I did equip a ribbon, it was destroyed by a handicap.

The red dinosaur guy has a lot of HP but no decent attacks so hes actually pretty easy...

At the endo of it you get final attack and some useless key items.

Nanaki

• View Profile
Battle arena
« Reply #10 on: 2004-11-20 10:01:21 »
when i was fighting in the arena i was fighting this flying thing  
downside -i was mini
good thing -it ran out of mp
half an hour later it finally died he he he

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
Battle arena
« Reply #11 on: 2004-11-20 11:49:26 »
To expand slightly on what Relf just said - you get the Final Attack Materia for beating the special battle. Link it to another materia and if you die, the linked materia is automatically cast. Very handy for fighting Emerald and Ruby weapon ;)

The battle arena gets incredibly easy later in the game, after you acquire the double cut materia. Level it up to 4xcut and use Cloud with the Ultima Weapon and it's a breeze, as long as you're pretty good at stopping the handicap on something that's not going to screw you over good and proper :D

yoshi314

• View Profile
:D
« Reply #12 on: 2004-12-24 11:26:18 »
i blocked only the most annoying stats using status materia on myself - i blocked pertification, minimizing, frogging, and confuse. at the start i cast regen, and wall on myself [and first of all - deathforce], and there i go :D

having tons of bad ailments really racks up the points - i got about 8000 [or more] for finishing the arena poisoned, berserked, darkened, cursed, with doom and petrify counting down over my head, having broken items, weapons, levels and locked some materia

and i usually get tissues as well :D

i noticed once a weird thing - i put a luck increasing materia on myself and after each fight [when the roulette shows up] i had 50% chance of getting into the next battle with NO handicaps [but it gives you pathetic score :/ ] - there were only two handicaps on the roulette - no handicap and level-down.
but this happened only once and i haven't been able to repeat that

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Battle arena
« Reply #13 on: 2004-12-24 16:25:53 »
yoshi314:
Please review the rules, and please don't post replies in topics that have been dead for more than a week or so unless it's something like a critical follow-up.

Thank you, and welcome to the boards.

Battle arena
« Reply #14 on: 2004-12-25 07:09:57 »
A week?! Ouch, I was thinking a month or so was relatively safe, considering how slowly this board moves...as long as you're adding to the discussion (in other words not bringing up an old Joey thread and going "ha ha".)

I agree that it was hardly a critical followup, though.

yoshi314

• View Profile
sorry
« Reply #15 on: 2004-12-25 22:47:02 »
yeah it's hard to be innovative in ff7 these days :/ i don't mind the rough facts, as long as they have a decent basis.

well this dead post thing is a surprise...a week old? i always feel like old posts have at least a month of age....
okay time to shut up and read the rules...again :/