Author Topic: Having FF7 Problems in Battle  (Read 5496 times)

Mesden

• View Profile
Having FF7 Problems in Battle
« on: 2006-09-23 06:52:06 »
At any point in the game, if I Alt-Tab out of the game, then tab back in, the moment I enter a battle, when it swirles, the game crashes.
Mods I got... The High-Res Patch and the Character Model Upgrade. Yes, I'm also using 1.02, so why is it crashing? What can I do to fix it?

sword

• View Profile
Re: Having FF7 Problems in Battle
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-23 10:21:28 »
Well, that's an easy enough fix. Don't Alt-Tab.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-23 11:21:16 »

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-23 18:17:15 »
Yeah I read the Battle Swirl Fix, it says I have to grab a hex editor and do some changes. I grabbed a Hex-Editor, then read the walkthrough and it was like trying to understand Latin. They were speaking complete gibberish.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-23 18:34:40 »
I don't think that you've read that post.

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-23 18:43:31 »
I read the Battle Swirl Fix Post at first, it said I needed to extract all the files into my FF7 directory. That's the Battle Swirl Fix Files and the YAMP Files. When they were in my FF7 Director, I ran the Install.bat, didn't work. I then tried dragging the Battle Swirl Fix's .txt file over the Install.bat, didn't work. I then tried to drag the .srb file over the Install.bat, didn't work. Those three times I did it, I played with it a bit, alt-tabbed once or twice and the game crashed just as it was entering into battle.

If those three things that I did were not what I was supposed to do, then I'm not making any sense of the Battle Swirl Fix instructions. =/

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-23 18:50:53 »
Install.bat and skerb.ex_ goes to your FF7 folder. You also make a "patches" folder and extract there files from BattleSwirlFix package.

It should look like this:
C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\ff7.exe
C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\skerb.ex_
C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\install.bat
C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\patches\BattleSwirlFix.txt
C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\patches\BattleSwirlFix.srb

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-09-23 18:52:52 »
okay so I don't extract the battle swirl fix into my FF7 directory then? I'll give it a try and make an edit.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-09-23 18:58:13 »
okay so I don't extract the battle swirl fix into my FF7 directory then?
You do :) The thing is, it comes in a folder named "patches".

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-09-23 19:07:12 »
Not sure how to edit so I'll just make a new post.

I extracted the BattleSwirl Files into a folder called Patches, and the install.bat / skerb._ex files into the main FF7 directory. I ran install.bat and it shows that the file was patched. I read that the BattleSwirl patch gets rid of the swirl completely, but I could be wrong. It still swirls, but it hasn't crashed, regardless of how many times I've alt-tabbed :)

Was it supposed to get rid of the swirl or just fix it from crashing?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-09-23 19:14:04 »
Yep - looks as it should, hopefully no crashes.

Mesden

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-23 20:14:25 »
Also got a couple other mods on there from YAMP. Working good so far, no crashes yet, but if one happens to come, I'll let you know.