Author Topic: FF7 opening credit  (Read 8918 times)

ryosaeba

FF7 opening credit
« on: 2008-08-05 19:07:57 »
Hello there. I'm new here.

I have installed FF7 for PC in my WinXP system with Full Install.
What i do after that:
- Change the registry: data and movie path to my Daemon Virtual disc drive (which in my pc is H: drive), because i have make an iso from my disc to play
- Install the 1.02 official patch, chocobo race patch, and trumotion 2.0 codec

At first i got the usual bug which is the black screen bug that happen when there is movie playing.
This was solved after installing the trumotion 2.0 codec.

My problem is I still cannot see the opening squaresoft logo movie and the opening credits (with the Crystal theme prelude song).
When i open the ff7 application all i got is a black screen, and i must press the button to go to the NEW GAME and Continue screen.
Is there anyway to fix this so i can see the opening credits?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 opening credit
« Reply #1 on: 2008-08-05 19:25:41 »
If that's your only problem, why the complaint?
Can you still play the game?

If so, I'd consider myself lucky, seeing as the other problems most people tend to have.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-08-05 20:21:31 »
This is a tech support forum too, so he is simply asking for help, so why all this anger? O.o Dont forget the nature of the forum.
Anyway i dont have the solution for your problem ryosaeba, probably that the lgp containing the opening credit is damaged. Tried to change it? I cant remember exactly which one is, but i think disc_us.lgp try to change it.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-08-05 20:30:23 »
Sorry if it seemed that way, it wasn't anger.  Just a question. ;-)

ryosaeba

« Reply #4 on: 2008-08-06 02:29:12 »
Hm.
What i want to know is, does this problem happen to all who play this game on WinXP, or it's just me?
If this problem happen to all then it's normal i think.
Do you guys have this problem too?

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-08-06 05:15:52 »
I have Xp and i haven't this problem :) And i never noticed people with this kind of problem, maybe because they solved it by themself. Anyway try to solve it as i said

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #6 on: 2008-08-06 07:02:56 »
What's your version of FF7? Does the intro play fine without the 1.02 patch? There is the Asia-Pacific version of the game which doesn't have one of those FMVs (or it's named differently), while 1.02 patch blindly assumes it's there.

ryosaeba

« Reply #7 on: 2008-08-06 09:24:46 »
@Destiny

I have try your suggestion, but i still cannot see the opening credits and the squaresoft logo(with chocobo running).
Other idea?

@dziugo

I don't know what version is my FF7 because i buy it in local gameshop, and i live in asia, so maybe mine version in Asia-Pacific?
If it's true then what should i do?
And i don't know about the intro play fine without the 1.02 patch because after i do full install i directly install the 1.02 patch because i can't enable the hardware renderer. And to re-install i'm too lazy because i have apllied all patch that is needed to enhance the game like NRP patch and FF7 music and other patch. Sorry.

Any solution to this? All the movies, except that i mention can play fine after i install the trumotion2 duck.exe.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-08-06 09:28:43 »
Again, I ask, can you ACTUALLY play the game ok?
If so (since this was taken as abuse before, it's not!), why care?  If you can play the game with all the patches installed, what's the problem?
« Last Edit: 2008-08-06 09:49:33 by *:.Griever.:* »

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-08-06 09:33:40 »
I have also had this problem, I can confirm that without the 1.02 patch the intro plays. After the installation of 1.02 the intro does not appear and enter has to be pressed to see the menu. The only possible work around, is if you just install 1.02 config file and keep the original 1.0 ff7.exe. This should show the opening credits, but I seem to remember there maybe crashes with this solution.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #10 on: 2008-08-06 11:21:23 »
And i don't know about the intro play fine without the 1.02 patch because after i do full install i directly install the 1.02 patch because i can't enable the hardware renderer. And to re-install i'm too lazy because i have apllied all patch that is needed to enhance the game like NRP patch and FF7 music and other patch. Sorry.
You'd only have to rename the current ff7.exe and copy the one from the Install CD.

As for the solution - since you already have your movies on your HDD, eidos logo FMV should be named "eidoslogo.avi", squaresoft logo FMV should be named "sqlogo.avi". I don't have to tell you that if you lack any of these, you should copy some other FMV and name it appropriately, do I? The 1.02 ff7.exe expects both of these files, so give them to it.

ryosaeba

« Reply #11 on: 2008-08-06 13:02:21 »
Hm, so I think i have the Asia Pasific version.

I have tried what you suggest dziugo, i have rename the sqlogo.avi to eidoslogo.avi, and then i can see the square soft logo movie because in my cd i don't have eidoslogo.avi, only the sqlogo.avi.
And for the ff7.exe i have copied it from the install cd but still i cannot see the opening credit scene, all i see is black screen, and another thing my graphic color is messed up because of that old ff7.exe.

@Griever

I can play the game ok, but i have this bad habit that i would like everything perfect and to be able to play the game to the fullest. And besides that i like the opening credit scene playing with crystal theme song, i think that make me feeling nostalgic.

ryosaeba

« Reply #12 on: 2008-08-06 13:05:19 »
@ corpse

So that makes two of us who have the same kind of problem and cd version.  :-D
The culprit is maybe the 1.02 patch from your incident with that patch.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-08-06 14:01:06 »
I have tried what you suggest dziugo, i have rename the sqlogo.avi to eidoslogo.avi, and then i can see the square soft logo movie because in my cd i don't have eidoslogo.avi, only the sqlogo.avi.
And for the ff7.exe i have copied it from the install cd but still i cannot see the opening credit scene, all i see is black screen, and another thing my graphic color is messed up because of that old ff7.exe.
You gotta have both FMVs, eidoslogo and sqlogo. It gave you black screen with ff7.exe from the Install CD, because it expects that there would be sqlogo.avi file, while you renamed it to eidoslogo.avi. So, don't rename it, make a copy and ensure that both files are there.

And don't doublepost.

ryosaeba

« Reply #14 on: 2008-08-07 02:38:13 »
Hey dziugo. Sorry for the double post thing, i kind of forget what i want to say at first. hehe.  :-D

I have tried what you say, so i just make a copy of eidoslogo.avi and renamed it back to sqlogo.avi.
And to my suprise, finally the opening credit can play !!!
I dont use the ff7.exe from the install cd, i use the 1.02 ff7.exe and it can play just fine.
Thank you for your help in this.
But the new problem is, the opening credit playing too fast !  :roll:
So you can just hear a quarter of the song because the opening credit is playing too fast, likes it dont have a frame limiter.
Any comment on this? And does this happen to all of you too?

@corpse

Just tried what dziugo say, you must have 2 avi named sqlogo.avi and eidoslogo.avi in your movie folder to be able to see the opening credit scene, and please tell me your result. Do you have the symptom of too fast playing opening credit scene ?

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-08-07 06:09:35 »
Ops my bad i thought you mean the credit after the logos XD sorry, yeah the logos are fmv movies, so dziugo got the point XD.
Ehm hope you dont need to rename all avis...

ryosaeba

« Reply #16 on: 2008-08-07 11:29:10 »
No, you are right what i mean is the opening credit scene after the logos.  :-D
The movies (eidos and square logos) not play at all and so the opening credit too.
This happen because my cd version like dziugo said is Asia Pasific version, and i think Eidos is not publishing the games in Asia (they only publish it in US and EU i think).
So in the Asia pasific version they don't include the Eidos logo movies.
And the patch 1.02 (which happen to be from Eidos) are made for the US version in mind.
So after patching, the game think that i have the Eidos logo movie in my movie folder too.
And it wait for the Eidos logo movie file to play, which in my case is not present.
So it just waiting the movie to play endlessly and thus making the black screen until i press some button to skip it to the new game / continue screen.

Some Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-08-07 15:19:52 »
I had a similar problem to this, at one point (fixed by copying straight from disc, though).  I believe that you can fix this by copying a movie (any movie, doesn't matter, but try one of the FF7 ones from the same folder), and renaming it "eidoslogo" (or whichever one is missing).  Then that movie will play in place of it.  It's not a perfect fix, but it will show you that the movie actually is loading.  So long as you have an equal number of movie files as is needed, all renamed to the same names as the ones on the american/english releases (probably a list somewhere), it ought to work.
If you can get ahold of the movies from somewhere, then simply put them in the same folder as your other movies.  I'm pretty sure it's illegal to upload the fmvs from my disc, though, so I can't provide a direct solution.
« Last Edit: 2008-08-07 15:22:01 by Some Guy »