Final Fantasy 9 > FF9 Graphical Releases

[FF9 PC] FMV upscaling & 30fps project

<< < (4/5) > >>

Lykon:
So for now (and just for now) I'll stop running DAIN on videos to bring them to 30 fps (except when I've nothing better to do ahah). Until we figure out if it's possible and convenient to use them in game.
Running DAIN on a video takes usually from 3 to 6 hours and there is also a lot of work to do manually to fix broken frames and artifacts.

However, since SVP is NOT a free software and I can't share the license, I'll run SVP on all of them so that there is the backup track (I'm basically using the crappy SVP track to fix the broken frames from DAIN that is usually much better).

I'll share every FMV interpolated using SVP as soon as I'm done so that you're not forced to buy the license. DAIN is free so anyone can take over and split the work with me once we're ready.

SVP interpolated videos will be here: https://mega.nz/folder/kRERCKSR
password: yEP59xdOzzjT7opPpoRS1w

Lykon:
Fun fact

https://imgur.com/a/Rq6O1NP

Scene change always happen at frames that are multiple of 5 in the original videos. This maybe means that their original video editing software couldn't handle precise selections and only worked in chunks of 5 frames. Or it can mean that their original codec only supported 1 keyframe every 5.

Lykon:
So I finished converting all the FMV videos (mounting the last 2 tomorrow).

After that we'll just check for sound sync in game, minor errors and probably try and remove some compression noise by running waifu2x on all the videos.

Hope you all like what you can see so far. Every video except maybe 5 has been a frame by frame reconstruction from multiple interpolation algorithms (depending on where the main one failed).

m_artn:
Awesome work with the Videos!
Can't wait to have it all in one pack with snouz rework an memoria.
This will definitely be the best way to play ff9

Neodoris:

--- Quote from: Lykon on 2020-05-20 00:24:46 ---So I finished converting all the FMV videos (mounting the last 2 tomorrow).

After that we'll just check for sound sync in game, minor errors and probably try and remove some compression noise by running waifu2x on all the videos.

Hope you all like what you can see so far. Every video except maybe 5 has been a frame by frame reconstruction from multiple interpolation algorithms (depending on where the main one failed).

--- End quote ---
Can you show us one of the video so that we may have a look at it? Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version