Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2434060 times)

Cmilan

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2425 on: 2014-08-26 08:30:11 »
Well if i replace the exe the game doesn't even start ^^

Here the error message when i want to start the snowboard event and i already replaced the snowboard file the one in the cd2!

Code: [Select]
ERROR: failed to find file snowboard/ea_k.TEX (LGP) (path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\minigame)
ERROR: offset error: ea_k.TEX
ERROR: could not open file ea_k.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE ea_k.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE ea_k.tim

BlazingSpirit

• View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: 2014-09-05 20:35:40 »
Well, I'm having a kinda big problem with my installation. I've done everything as instructed by the Tutorial, downloaded the entire set of mods from the mega page, and tried to install them. However, at the very last step, trying to play the game from the bootloader, it gives the error message of "Cannot find C:Games:FF7:ff7.exe" I've checked the folder and there actually isn't an ff7.exe, it's ff7_en.exe. I guess this is because I have the steam version, but I'm really trying to figure out why it can't accept the _en version. I can't change the name of the _en file due to "Administrator" problems, despite the fact I am the only user and admin of my computer as well as changing the security on the full control for all users. I've done this several times, retrying all the steps in order three times now after fully uninstalling everything and clearing the registry and deleting the "Games" folder. I've already looked through the forum for a fix to no avail, so thanks for everything y'all have done and for a simple fix to this.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2427 on: 2014-09-05 20:53:43 »
Did you use FF7_GameConverter_BC.exe from STEP 1?

BlazingSpirit

• View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: 2014-09-05 21:06:17 »
Yeah, I did. D:

Edit:
I just realized that the ff7_en.exe in the steam folder could be modified however I wanted but the copied one refused to be renamed, as well as refusing to let me copy a renamed one from the steam folder into the FF7 folder.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-05 21:13:26 by BlazingSpirit »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: 2014-09-05 21:40:00 »
Did you follow all the troubleshooting steps for the steam version listed in the first page? :I

BlazingSpirit

• View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: 2014-09-05 21:51:18 »
Well, yes. There really isn't anything there that applies to this though (at least that I could see) xp

Edit:
I think I've found what the problem was. I now feel exceptionally stupid about it, but it turns out the UAC refused to be turned off the first time I did it. I watched the patcher in action a couple times and each time it said access to ff7.exe was denied, so I double checked the UAC. Turns out that was the problem the entire time.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-08 01:53:26 by BlazingSpirit »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: 2014-09-08 18:01:11 »
Well, yes. There really isn't anything there that applies to this though (at least that I could see) xp

Edit:
I think I've found what the problem was. I now feel exceptionally stupid about it, but it turns out the UAC refused to be turned off the first time I did it. I watched the patcher in action a couple times and each time it said access to ff7.exe was denied, so I double checked the UAC. Turns out that was the problem the entire time.

Of course, naturally.  I overlooked this issue. Sadly I did not have time to give notice due to my mom being put in the hospital, Pneumonia from smoking. e.e  Oh well, if you have any more problems we'll be glad to help. I'm just another user of bootleg but I like to work with coding and CSS, python refuses to work on my pc but meh.

RR787

• View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: 2014-09-09 12:03:31 »
Hi everyone. Recently got into the modding experience of FF7. As of now both the bootleg and 7th Heaven work very well without crashes. However, just wanted to know if these mod support up to a certain resolution. I play in a 4k monitor of 3840x2160 resolution which the steam config supports without any problems in fullscreen. However, using any modded launcher such as bootloader, with such a high resolution only is able to fit on screen about 25% of the whole image, making it unplayable. I'll provide the app.log once I get home today, but I wanted to verify if any resolution can be accepted in fullscreen or if there is any cap at all.

I read of a similar user having the same problem in the thread with a Mac retina display but sadly, his problem didn't arrive to a written solution within the thread's posts.

Thanks in advance.

FIXED: If you customized the display scaling from 100% to probably some range above of numbers, it isn't going to scale correctly with the bootloader or 7th Heaven. Return the value to 100% and it runs full screen at 4k without any problem.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-09 22:22:01 by RR787 »

WhiteZero

• View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: 2014-09-16 20:49:55 »
Hi there! Firstly, thanks for your hard work on Bootleg and I hope such great work continues!

I'm having some issues running FF7 with a fresh bootleg install. I'm fairly sure I followed the instructions to the T. What I get after loading the game with BootLoader (default settings, except I changed the resolution to 1920x1080), I get the New Game or Continue screen (with music), after clicking New Game I get a black screen, no intro movie. I hear the sound effects of Barret/Cloud jumping off the train and the first dialog box pops up and no music. So it seems nothing in the game is rendering.

This is on a fresh Steam version install. Non-system folder (separate hard drive). My Final Fantasy VII folder is 7.46GB in size, with an empty movies folder (I selected No Change under FMVs, assuming that would let me use the Steam FMVs). I downloaded the torrent for the mod pack (17.1GB). Every app involved in running Bootleg/BootLoader is set to Run As Admin and I have UAC disabled. And FF7Config shows the Custom Driver as selected. I've also tried using the "Safe" presets with BootLoader with similar results.

APP.LOG: http://pastebin.com/P1HquN4L
Bootleg.log http://pastebin.com/2gDM0kAN
FF7_GC.log  http://pastebin.com/NR9w3GDa
The Bootleg config I used http://www.mediafire.com/view/3ecwu1shm05c5fh/WhiteZero.bp

My specs are:
Windows 8.1 Pro
Intel i7-4770k
Nvidia GTX 770 (335.23 drivers)
« Last Edit: 2014-09-17 16:17:10 by WhiteZero »

britipinojeff

• View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: 2014-09-19 05:45:49 »
Hi! So first off great job with the Bootleg I had an awesome first experience with FF7 using it.
I'm having a problem with some of the modded weapons specifically the lovelace weapon that's supposed to replace murasame. Whenever I run the Bootleg I never seem to get this weapon to change.
Also, how would i edit the rtaf file within the battlelgp? I tried to mod the murasame weapon with the original lovelace mod i found online, but replacing the rtaf file in the mod seemed to have a weird effect on other weapons textures.

Edit:
Vgr helped me get the weapon in the game so yay! :D
However, now the weapon's colors are all weird so it's probably a texture problem :(
« Last Edit: 2014-09-20 01:16:57 by britipinojeff »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: 2014-09-19 10:53:20 »
That's because the weapons share a texture. Was the mod for the lovelace green? Or is it already included, I forgot. Since this mod was rarely used it's not impossible that this is a bug that was simply never addressed. I'll have a look into it.

-Vgr

Edit: That's a bug, I just checked. It's possible to fix it, but you'll need to edit the code yourself. If it really matters for you and you're ready to do some editing, I'll tell you how.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-19 10:56:02 by Vgr »

britipinojeff

• View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: 2014-09-19 15:14:26 »
Well I would ok if I couldn't get it to work, but it'd be fun to try! What do i do?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: 2014-09-19 15:28:58 »
I sent you a PM.

Jesiah

• View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: 2014-09-20 10:04:50 »
Just plugged in my old hdd and low and behold there was my old ff7 bootleg install,  complete with my save games.  Checked on here to see if there was a new bootleg, should I hold off for a new release? I can wait if it's not too far off. Or I may just jump in anyways. Man I missed this game.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: 2014-09-20 11:10:11 »
I suggest not waiting for the next release, it's too far off.

raijin

• View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: 2014-09-21 12:35:21 »
Hey guys, new here. I've succesfully installed all the mods I want and got it working but I can't get it to go fullscreen. Can anyone help?

Due to this picture having some of your personal information, I've removed it from your post. I recommend uploading a picture without your Facebook profile behind, and you can use Imgur to upload -Vgr
« Last Edit: 2014-09-21 13:53:44 by Vgr »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: 2014-09-21 13:54:37 »
Is your screen resolution the same as what is specified in your config?

raijin

• View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: 2014-09-21 16:30:59 »
It is now and works perfectly. Thanks so much!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: 2014-09-21 16:37:50 »
You're welcome.

Xplodzion

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: 2014-09-22 21:14:00 »
Hi, i just wanted to provide a little feedback about the integrated graphics warning, I'm having to temporarily use my 2500k's integrated Intel HD3000 graphics while my card is out for repair and I decided to try bootleg anyway with field textures and all, I haven't had any crashing/performance issues after around 4 hours of playing at 1080p, it runs just as nicely as it did when I had a dedicated GPU, so it seems that some integrated GPU's can handle it pretty fine.

marwa

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator
« Reply #2445 on: 2014-09-22 21:39:10 »
Hi.. I recently discover the bootleg mod and i used it as the tutorial said and realy liked it so thank you guys for these graphic and all the efforts you put in the game ..but i'm facing a real problem because i'm a biggner and i don't realy understand things in computer any way my real problem is aeris revival patch doesn't work for me and i have no idea why i even tried and searched in the frequently asked question and never found any one having my problem.. Anyway aeris after the temple of ancient removed from my party and when i went to the forgotten city after her death she never return to my party whatervet i did ..i don't know what to do and i don't realy think i have problem in instalation because the mod is completely work with all its graphic and every thing is fine except for aeris.. in bootleg in menu i put tick on aeris revival so it should work .but that never happen please help me what should i do ..what i missed

kamegami

• View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: 2014-10-01 13:04:02 »
I am having issues with the Bootleg. I am attempting to install the Simple preset with Bootleg Fields with Battle Scenes are PNG, Bootlegged Field Textures (Remove Glitched), and Always Run Toggle Game Option. I am installing to the Steam version and followed the guide. My issue is it appears the Field Textures aren't installing correctly. I'm going through the intro and so far the only field that is any different is the second field (the one right after the train station). What could I be doing wrong?

musrah

• View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: 2014-10-03 23:37:14 »
¿ SOME BODY CAN HELP ME ?This seem awesome but i can't run it, i already have installed the bootleg with all the mods  in green or yellow and when i try to run it, a black screen with a error message appears. 
"POSTPROCESSING INITIALIZATION FAILED,CHECK APP.LOG FOR MORE INFORMATION." :-\

here my app.log:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 4.4.13084 Compatibility Profile Context 14.301.1001.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1360x768, output resolution 1360x768, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:14: error(#263) "Precision qualifier" is not supported prior to GLSL version 1.30
WARNING: 0:19: warning(#62) enable/warn/disable extension is not found. Extension "GL_ARB_framebuffer_object" is not supported
ERROR: error(#273) 1 compilation errors.  No code generated

INFO: postprocessing program link log:
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called.  Link failed.

ERROR: init_postprocessing failed, postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file D:\FF7\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...

my specs:

windows 7 ultimate 64 bits
4gb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD FX 8150 8 cores 3.60 GHz

something i have done for error is run the bootleg of the black window without the mods, could be that ?

THANKS in advance
sorry for my bad english

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: 2014-10-04 00:53:46 »
Did you install Bootleg on top of an already-bootlegged installation?

musrah

• View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: 2014-10-04 01:19:04 »
Did you install Bootleg on top of an already-bootlegged installation?

it was my first time instaling it in a not modded ff7,  STEAM ff7