Author Topic: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction  (Read 208209 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction
« Reply #150 on: 2010-12-29 17:09:18 »
I am gonna do as much as I can on this in next few days but I will be needing Kranmer's help. Havent seen or heard from him in 1 month, so hope everything is OK :)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010-12-30 05:05:43 »
Hello Sir Kranmer!

i noticed that mega upload seems to not work with me.. I hope you can provide some other mirrors to your project..

I Really want to use this ingame..Pls Sir..

thank you for all your hard work!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2011-01-24 00:14:38 »
OK I have started work on this again and hopefully I can get it to where it needs to be.  There are some problems, but Kranmer is not here atm to help with that (he has vanished), so we will see what happens.  To do:

1.  Normal menu realigned
2.  Normal menu with 9999 Fix realigned
3.  New menu FF8/FF9 style
4.  Merge with Menu Reconstruction mod

And this has been done:

1.  Battle Arena realigned
------------------------------

From this point on, Team Avalanche font is supported only, same with our Menu Reconstruction mod.  The old font will still work 95% of the time but it will have some issues.  So best to just use TA font with this.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2011-01-26 00:06:03 »
Awesome DLPB, looking forward to it! :D
Shame kranmer has vanished though :(

Terid__K

« Reply #154 on: 2011-01-26 01:07:03 »
Team Avalanche font is supported only, same with our Menu Reconstruction mod.  The old font will still work 95% of the time but it will have some issues.  So best to just use TA font with this.

I'm currently using the menu reconstruction mod, and I was kinda hoping you would fix the dialogue cursor with the regular fonts. Is that really not an option?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2011-01-26 09:10:49 »
I have given up supporting the original font because the battle menu would also need a lot of changes. :)  It is just duplicating my work load.  And let's face it, the original font and graphics are crap.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-26 11:00:32 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2011-02-03 20:05:53 »
Just an update here.  Since Kranmer left I have had to try and find the remaining values and I had limited success.  Aali has helped me locate the others and so it should be plain sailing now. Because of how I want this to look, I have had to edit Team Avalanche graphics somewhat, The barriers and Limit/ATB bars are actually too big for the insides and the NAME BARRIER words are too large (they are perfect to the original, so what I should say is they are too big in the original game)

I will be talking to sl1982 later about that.  All in all though it is going pretty well, it is just a matter of making all this come together now and work.

As you can see, it looks better this way.  Well.  I think it does!

« Last Edit: 2011-02-03 20:47:37 by DLPB »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2011-02-04 00:24:51 »
Just an update here.  Since Kranmer left I have had to try and find the remaining values and I had limited success.  Aali has helped me locate the others and so it should be plain sailing now. Because of how I want this to look, I have had to edit Team Avalanche graphics somewhat, The barriers and Limit/ATB bars are actually too big for the insides and the NAME BARRIER words are too large (they are perfect to the original, so what I should say is they are too big in the original game)

I will be talking to sl1982 later about that.  All in all though it is going pretty well, it is just a matter of making all this come together now and work.

As you can see, it looks better this way.  Well.  I think it does!

Nice work DLPB its coming along nicely, and just so people know i havent left i have just been away from home for awhile, but i am back now.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2011-02-04 00:28:53 »
 8)  Just as I was about to seize control!   :o

Welcome back :)  Also, it is Dan to you :P

edit, I stayed up a while to complete some more changes.  Note that the grey writing is now smaller and cute and the Defend and Change boxes go inside the menu at the same location as the menu writing.

« Last Edit: 2011-02-04 02:35:13 by DLPB »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2011-02-04 12:18:34 »
Glad to be Back Dan, ah its good to see those values for Change and Defend worked alright (i was tired last night and wasn't 100% sure), it's looking pretty decent with the new changes you made.
Also i have done a bit of work on the limit box background today, i think i have gotten it correct but i will let you be the judge

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2011-02-04 13:22:46 »
HOW did you do it!

:evil: 

However the box is being expanded even for 1 limit break ;)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2011-02-05 00:22:52 »
awesome! I can't wait until it is final finished, i've been anticipating the combined version of this forever! I assume the compatibility with 9999-breaks will be fixed?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2011-02-05 00:33:45 »
Yup.

Realigned Battle Interface No 9999
Realigned Battle Interface With 9999
New Battle Interface No 9999
New Battle Interface With 9999

That's the core of it.  Then I am sure Kranmer wants to add a few little tweak options too.  The Realigned Battle Interface No 9999 is almost done.  When that is done, we will do some testing, then I can add 9999 to it, and perhaps make a release.  The New battle interface (ff8 style) comes after, and will take a bit of designing so it looks great. I am working on the menu at this minute and all is going well.  Kranmer has sorted the final values and problems out, and so now it SHOULD be easy.

The hard part will be merging it with the Menu mod and making sure the uninstaller works properly.  We have changed so many things I am having to do a juggling act to remember it all.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-05 00:42:57 by DLPB »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2011-02-05 01:24:23 »
The New battle interface (ff8 style) comes after, and will take a bit of designing so it looks great. I am working on the menu at this minute and all is going well.  Kranmer has sorted the final values and problems out, and so now it SHOULD be easy.

Woohoo! That will be incredible!

Any progress on the eye opener / white flash problems?
FF8-style battle fade-in would be awesome.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2011-02-05 15:28:13 »
These menu words were more difficult than I thought they would be.  They are inconsistent, probably  because they have be stretched to fit.  But now I am using them smaller size, I can correct the letters to be consistent.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2011-02-08 02:58:30 »
Won't be long until the realigned battle interface is released.  Just a few problems we are ironing out:

1.  The eye opener to battle needs a bit of tweaking, it also looks nothin' like the PSX version anyway.  Bad port?

2.  The MPneeded numbers do not have leading 0's, I am told the beta version did and ideally we need them back.

3.  The White/Red coloured flashes (like the one when you get a critical hit) do not reach the new menu.

4.  The command menu is not as good as I would like, the text sometimes looks bunched up but to be honest that's the crap design we are dealing with.

5.  Cursors flash a little too slow when selecting multiple allies or enemies.

It is still 5X better than the abomination that is the original menu.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2011-02-11 01:32:51 »
Menu and Battle Interface Mod 005

Here

They are now merged into 1 installer.  I am not sure whether Kranmer wants his own installer separate but I am guessing he will go with this one as well.  It seems much more logical.

This release will do everything 004 did with the added bonus that it will also patch the battle interface to correct alignment issues.  It is likely that 006 will come very soon to correct a few small problems and add a few tweaks to this release.  007 will be the new battle interface (contrary to what the readme says).

I will then adapt this for the retranslation project as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2011-02-12 03:12:59 »
I have been doing some donkey work for you Kranmer :)  See below:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg129/SeiferAlmasy2008/newtest1.jpg

I have added 3 codecaves to move the character names and word "name" to the right.  I have corrected most things with the main menu and I am placing them correctly on the left.  Not much left to do there.   I have also added Aali's fix for the HP there too.  I think given space remaining, we will be forced into doing what the 9999 patch does and placing ATB and time in the barrier graphic.  I had an idea though... we can edit that barrier graphic so we can make it look a bit better :)

All in all it will look pretty good, plus I am sure we can add options like making the command menu fully transparent etc. 

The only bad thing is how crap and shoddy the menu looks with "Summon" and "Slash All"... the words are too long really. 

edit:  In fact we may need to edit it so we can place the graphic under the character names...  it looks to me like we are totally out of space otherwise.  It is that craptastic menu.  We will have to work on a nice design :)

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/images/ffx_battle1.jpg

Maybe not a bad idea either...
« Last Edit: 2011-02-12 03:31:44 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2011-02-14 01:06:23 »
With kranmer's values, I have successfully placed all the commands on the left, although to be honest I have a feeling I will have to edit some of the graphics a bit and test some new stuff out to make it look better.

I have turned my attention to experimenting with FFX interface.  Below is how it is looking. 

There are a few things that will need addressing.

1.  The character names are left aligned and this need to be right aligned.
2.  The time and limit bars are not long enough (kranmer has a fix for this)
3.  The Numbers, I would prefer to be slightly transparent, we will see how that goes.
4.  HP and MP need to be on every line, but with a bit of editing of the graphic file, this is doable.
5.  The time and limit bar may need a tweak to their colours.  Gets a bit messy at the moment.

All in all though, it is taking shape.

How it will look:

edit:

and yes it is all being moved to the right at the end.

« Last Edit: 2011-02-14 04:18:53 by DLPB »

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
« Reply #169 on: 2011-02-14 05:15:25 »
Oh wow, amazing :D

Kemlin

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2011-02-14 08:12:07 »
Amazing work. Absolutely amazing.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2011-02-14 13:28:42 »
Wow guys, your progress is simply awesome. I'm loving it!

Is it possible to have some graphics behind/around the time/limit bars? Like the FFX limit bar?
Just so it looks like a bar really 'filling', instead of just lines.

Also - any thoughts on a good spot to put the Help text?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2011-02-14 15:03:05 »
Yes it is possible to place a bar behind it (edit graphic and then tweak the exe to know it is there), but the problem is, it will probably have to be 2 bars, 1 for ATB and 1 for limit.  Might look a bit messy, but it can be done.  I will experiment later.

The help bar needs to go (the text needs to stay) , and so do the borders probably, I will look into that too.  It is going to take a bit of time to work it out graphically.

edit:

somethin like that?

I am working on it:

I will change these bars to look better.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-14 15:55:27 by DLPB »

philman

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2011-02-14 20:46:06 »
it's very good in my opinion  ;D

but...what will happen to barrier bars? or the intention it's remove barrier bar too?(with this will look more FFX but the people don't will know when barrier and mbarrier is gone  :()

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2011-02-14 21:02:26 »
I think given it is a status, it should be obvious.  The barrier status isnt really needed at all and if I added that too it would be cluttered beyond belief. I am sure kranmer is going to want to experiment on his own interface too and maybe he will find a way to make it work...