Author Topic: Blackscreen  (Read 4158 times)

blaight

• You have a great forum here!
    • View Profile
Blackscreen
« on: 2012-08-27 10:16:56 »
Hi,
since I only own the German original PC Version I decided to buy the rerelease and switch it to the old folder structure using Kranmers Tool (V0.2) and afterwards I installed Bootleg with preset PitBrat. Of course I have every needed mod in the list: No red marked entrys.

When I start the game it shows no eidoslogo vid, it skips to the custom screen (Prelude Credits) and I can choose "New Game"
The screen turns black and I hear that it skips the video and the team is leaving the train. Then I see the first textbox from Barret. The screen stays black.

I highly appreciate any help!

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: Blackscreen
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-27 15:11:50 »
The black screen often occurs when there is a problem playing videos.
Is the movie folder correctly set in Bootloader?

Does anyone know if the new videos are compatible with the old ff7.exe?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-27 16:06:26 »
The black screen often occurs when there is a problem playing videos.
Is the movie folder correctly set in Bootloader?

Does anyone know if the new videos are compatible with the old ff7.exe?
Well the new movies do work with Aali's Custom Driver but with a small problem, we discussed it when i was making the converter from new to old, the new movies work but give a sound buffer error and apparently have messed up sound but from a video stand point they do work so this probably isn't the cause of his black screen.

blaight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-27 17:41:31 »
EDIT: Nervermind
« Last Edit: 2012-08-28 18:02:49 by blaight »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-27 20:20:09 »
We will not help with pirated versions, even if you also own the game legitimately.

blaight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-28 07:29:10 »
EDIT: Nevermind
« Last Edit: 2012-08-28 18:03:08 by blaight »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 2012-08-28 08:25:31 »
I buy an NDS in germany and then move to the US. I then argue I shouldn't have to buy another NDS ( region lock ) because I already bought it and it's stupid that for something like regional language, I should buy another NDS. So I steal one.

Oh yeah, that should totally be supported.

Now.. where did I put that cyanide catapult..

blaight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-28 08:43:13 »
That is a rather stupid thought since you would have stolen hardware. There is real loss to the company (shop) When you buy software you buy the legitimation to use the work which has gone into the code. When you buy a CD you dont buy the value of the plastic, but the value of the data. I bought this legitimation (twice) and therefore this is absolutely not compareable to your imagined situation.

I really appreciate when people in onlineboards stand up for the hardworking software engineers and the creatives in the background. If you like software: Buy it.
Also I think my honesty should be appreciated.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-28 14:09:48 »
It's not just about legitimacy. Copies found online, even those marked as clean or vanilla, tend to be improperly ripped, or have changes made to them that interfere with modding or sometimes even running the game. Having a genuine copy is the only way we can guarantee adequate support, so it's the only form we support at all.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-28 15:47:14 »
Come on that is nonsens. I own 2 original versions of the game. One German and the rerelease.

Then use Kranmer's converter or wait for mine which will convert language of the old too to English.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-08-28 16:15:45 »
Why is stealing suddenly ok?   Say you buy a honda civic in 1998.  You do not suddenly have rights to the blueprints of it.  If you were to begin producing your own cars made exactly the same way as the 98 civic, but call it 1998 HONDA CIVIC ULTIMA EDITION, you would be sued instantly.

Just the same, if you treat the car like shit and it breaks down after 50,000 miles, you don't get to walk into a car dealership and steal another one, because it isn't yours, you don't have rights to it.   It is YOUR fault the game doesn't work like you want it to, to claim otherwise is to state that someone literally FORCED you to buy the version you did.  If you want to modify it, you are free to.  But you cannot justify stealing.

Also, admitting to stealing (without a plea bargain) is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard of.  Who the hell happily admits to crimes? 

blaight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-08-28 16:18:58 »
I have another viewpoint regarding the "stealing issue". I still think that your comparisons don't really work out.

@DLPB and Covarr

Fair enough. I'll use this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA step by step. I hope to get it right this time.
I read that bootleg 0040 will support FFVII 2012, can you estimate how long it will take until finished? Is there a way I can help finishing it? I cannot code, just a little MATLAB, but no real programming.

EDIT: It seems to work now. I am deeply impressed what you modders did with the game. I used my 2012 version and deleted the english version obtained from TPB.  I hope nobody holds a grudge against me now.

Again: If there is anything I could help with regarding your excellent work, I want to try it.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-28 17:36:11 by blaight »