Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4923363 times)

lionheart82

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2500 on: 2016-01-11 18:39:23 »
With the speed you are progressing you're gonna start playing 1.4 before it's even out! ;-)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: 2016-01-11 18:44:48 »
Just saw the new yuffie sequence (new to me anyways). Freakin brilliant Sega!

Did you see the Chocobo bit when you go on the second bombing mission that was funny too.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: 2016-01-11 18:52:38 »
Did you see the Chocobo bit when you go on the second bombing mission that was funny too.
yea :)

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: 2016-01-11 19:20:35 »
I thought Yuffie was overpowered in 1.35. She was quick, could hit hard either physically or magically, plus she made up for her lack of vitality by being a back row character.

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: 2016-01-11 21:25:34 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: 2016-01-11 22:08:28 »
Ah ok, yeah you probably did, thays good in preventing farming and letting us play the game for the game itself.
Some thoughts on innates. Som are pretty weird, or not so usefull imho, like cid getting lucky when near death or tifa upgrading when using sense? So practically cid will rarely upgrade and even when he does it will be luck? If im not missing something isnt luck just a dum stat? And even when I use sense its just once, twice a battle, so it's very small, rare upgrade, compared to barrets for example. How about changing it to steal or restore instead? Yuffies i like its logical, goes with her.

I just remembered i got mastered chocobo summon. Its nice not to have to bother to master it for longest time, but i feel on the other hand that it would be satisfying to just put few hundreds or a few thousands ap to master it. Like this it feels like i got ultimate weapon that i didnt work for, and since your mod is all about satisfaction you get when you earn something... :-)

Innates were revised for the new build already. Tifa's new ability is called 'Grit' and once per battle she will auto-revive from KO with 1HP (effect is instantaneous). She retains any status effects/limit charge/queued action/ATB prior to the KO, but this is a double-edged sword as statuses like Dual-Drain or Poison will likely kill her again almost immediately. I've found it to be very useful so far, and enables some great clutch moments.

Aeris was given a 'Geo-Stance' effect to her Defend command; while Defending, she will absorb most elemental damage with the exceptions being Gravity, Poison, and Hidden (I think). It comes in handy for turning large hits like Motorball's Rolling Inferno to your advantage. Someone suggested I transfer this over to Cait Sith instead, but still on the fence about that.

Yuffie's innate was changed to give physical or magical evasion depending on what kind of damage/effect she was hit with last. The boost is limited now to something like 30%, instead of the rather broken perfect dodge which set evasion to 255%.

Cait Sith's rage system was dropped, basically because there wasn't enough space to properly implement it, was unwieldy, and of limited used. His new one is much more useful for tanking; he has a 1/3 chance to gain HP equal to half of his current MP value after each action, and this can push his HP past it's maximum value. Naturally this could pose balancing problems, but the random chance on it keeps it under control and sustained battles where MP use is high will keep it fluctuating.

Vincent was given the MP regen that Aeris used to have; I was going to experiment with it, but for now it's a fixed +5MP per pre-battle action. I'd like this to scale with his level somehow, but pushing variables into MP seems finicky for whatever reason and I'm low on kernel AI space.

Cid was given something similar to Barret, but without a limit on how many 'stacks' he can get. His General Counter (which triggers on most actions that target him) will give him +5 Luck each time. Not the most exciting, but I can see it really making a difference in longer fights when he starts lucky dodging attacks and landing constant crits.

Luck is a very strong stat if you can raise it to a decent amount; there are only two checks associated with it, but they can turn a battle right around. The first check is Lucky Hit, which makes your physical attack an undodgeable critical hit. The second check is Lucky Dodge, which lets you dodge any physical attack without fail regardless of it's accuracy. In terms of priority (enemies get them too), Lucky Hit will ignore a Lucky Dodge because the game doesn't do the second check if the first one succeeds. The chance itself for both is Luck/4, so with a Luck stat of, say, 150 you have a 38% chance (the game rounds up) to land a critical hit or to dodge whatever physical attack comes your way, on top of any normal evasion you have.

So now at the moment I am in the Shinra building, I more than likely over leveled. Just about to fight the boss after you get Red XIII and I am at level 38.

:l

It's almost as if you're able to read my mind sometimes.  :D Limitbreaks were almost a bad thing to get/use once you hit endgame, at least for Cloud, who pumps out nearly 50k damage per round, as Omnislash couldn't even get close to that amount.

Edit: Got any numbers to share, in regards to limit-break strength, for comparison-reasons? :) Just for Omnislash, for example. (Old, 1.35, & 1.40)

Any differences in regards to materia stat gain/loss in the .EXE?
I asked if you were able to give Shield a visual effect, a while back. Any news on that front? :)

edit#2: Doing some damage-tests, to determine who I want to accompany Cloud & Aerith in 1.4. Yuffie (equipped with Conformer) dealt about 6k per hit with counter attacks @ Nemesis, but for some reason she did half that with her 4x cut. Any idea why? It doesn't seem as if other characters suffer the same penalty.

I'll likely set Limits back to their original base power; I need to do some tests to find out what their max damage output is with the new stats/equipment vs. a 4x-cut/counter attack chain. I'll likely bolster the more niche Limits like Mindblow with more effects like before, though.

Not sure about the 4x-Cut thing. I'll look into it. As for the Shield visual effect, not had much luck so far. Someone more familiar with coding the .EXE like DLPB would need to tackle it.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: 2016-01-11 22:20:51 »
Wow thx for the detailed answer segachief, yeah, those are great improvement! Dont really care about Vincent though, only because of his idiotic limits, otherwise he is great character to have, shame... I got a thought that he could get hp regen instead of mp, would make him more sustainable and self sufficient. Unless he uses spells with mp when transformed? Dont remember.
Same w cait sith, never bothered using him bc of his limits.
Other characters - great!

I like both new and old aeris innates, that with attack healing is realy breathing new life into her.

Tjx for the luck explanation, yeah i can see now why it's important.

Hahaha Yuffie you dumbfounded the chief! 8-)

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: 2016-01-11 22:33:31 »
Think I have all my issues worked out and thank everyone for the help. Maybe I could help now as well, couldn't you technically use a save game editor to give cloud a few sources to boost his dex til 1.4 hits?

I don't think that's a good idea; the save editor works off the default stat arcs so changing stats at all might reset them to those arcs. It's likely better if I just finalise an .EXE, but I'll need to do a balance run of Arrange + EXE before I can do that properly.
Well there goes my idea to transfer stats according to my preferences. :-$

1.4 is on the way; what might delay the estimate now is how work looks next week. There's a very suspicious block of empty shifts and someone on night-shift is on holiday for that week. May need to hide my phone.

Reno, along with every other boss and enemy, has been tweaked and/or overhauled for the new build. The fight wasn't changed drastically, but you can check it out here: https://youtu.be/792zRdzXXKw

The Turks have finally lost their red suits from the very first build :l

Bosses in general are losing their Morph + Rare Steal; this is to remove any temptation from going for those in-battle and let players focus on just fighting the boss instead. Let me know if this is a problem and you want them brought back or something.

I like how he says it maybe once during the entire game and then it's treated like his catchphrase all of a sudden. I maybe peppered it into the game's dialogue a couple more times because of that.

Drop that phone! (-:

Maybe turks suit could be offered as alternative in battle models enemies?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: 2016-01-12 01:14:23 »
Wow thx for the detailed answer segachief, yeah, those are great improvement! Dont really care about Vincent though, only because of his idiotic limits, otherwise he is great character to have, shame... I got a thought that he could get hp regen instead of mp, would make him more sustainable and self sufficient. Unless he uses spells with mp when transformed? Dont remember.
Same w cait sith, never bothered using him bc of his limits.
Other characters - great!

I like both new and old aeris innates, that with attack healing is realy breathing new life into her.

Tjx for the luck explanation, yeah i can see now why it's important.

Hahaha Yuffie you dumbfounded the chief! 8-)

Cait Sith's Dice can be quite strong early on because they ignore defence and can multiply up for some damage that's well ahead of the curve. I've added Transform onto his Lv.1 Limits as well, which was a rare outcome on his Slots; it basically merges the entire party to make one big super-Cait Sith. Not necessarily useful, but could be fun or pay off in certain situations. As for Slots...bleh.

Vincent's Limits on the other hand suffer from being situational in a game where there's no many situations they can be handy in. If they absorb an element, then odds are they're going to be healing the enemy too with the same element (Diamond vs. Galian beast, for instance, can easily result in dead-lock).

No real solution for that beyond making sure there's some more fights where they can come into it, and tweaking them slightly in the EXE. I'd tried setting up a second option in each Limit Level but it didn't work out. The forms can be splashed into most random encounters though, at the very least.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: 2016-01-12 01:24:59 »
I didn't mean for vincents limits to absorb elements from attacks but to have simple hp regen, just like restore materia regen. And i suppose its not possible to have him sane, ie not berserking when transformed?

Also i see cmd grand horn cant be stolen from anymore, and i suppose neither morphed? You made him boss as well? This means that we can just ignore canon options and go for the minigame every time?

@Yuffie world and battle textures are really much better than satsukis but others i still like satsukis better. Thx for the info! :-)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-12 23:47:50 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: 2016-01-13 01:52:53 »
Work shifts for this week are locked in, and NT doesn't seem likely for mid-January as planned. Someone on night-shift has booked two weeks holiday together (maybe more, not asked him) and I'm already in for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, with five to be confirmed next week. It's unfortunate, but can't plan for these things in advance.

In slightly better news, the Gold Saucer shortcut that someone suggested was implemented and I've made some good progress on the game's  dialogue script, fixing minor errors in event scripts that I've noticed along the way. Next thing to do is Cid's new sidequest which starts from Rocket Town; it should be fairly easy & quick to implement. I'll probably have the item shop in Wall Market drop something else instead.

I've went and made Shinra Mansion a mandatory area, though. This is to set up a new event that takes place on Mt. Nibel; I imagine most people stop there to get Vincent anyway, but just a heads-up.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: 2016-01-13 09:43:12 »
By cids sidequest you mean his ultimate weapon/limit or story sidequest? Im drooling just thunking that well get new quests within the main game. B-)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: 2016-01-13 14:56:24 »
I'm sure your boss will understand if you take a laptop to work... Just show him this 100 page thread.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: 2016-01-13 15:12:27 »
I'm sure your boss will understand if you take a laptop to work... Just show him this 100 page thread.

Yeah, it's really gotten kinda long. I'm sure 90% of the thread is bug reports, though.

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: 2016-01-13 16:06:05 »
edit#2: Doing some damage-tests, to determine who I want to accompany Cloud & Aerith in 1.4. Yuffie (equipped with Conformer) dealt about 6k per hit with counter attacks @ Nemesis, but for some reason she did half that with her 4x cut. Any idea why? It doesn't seem as if other characters suffer the same penalty.
Seems that for some reason 4x cut is using the half-damage penalty for being in the back row, even when equipped with a long-range weapon. I'm noticing the same thing with Barret.

Another weird thing I've noticed is that Comet2 seems to miss quite often. Against most enemies it always seems to miss at least once, and bosses often evade half or more of the hits. The spell completely useless; it rarely outdamages Comet, yet costs almost twice as much MP.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: 2016-01-13 16:13:21 »
Work shifts for this week are locked in, and NT doesn't seem likely for mid-January as planned. Someone on night-shift has booked two weeks holiday together (maybe more, not asked him) and I'm already in for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, with five to be confirmed next week. It's unfortunate, but can't plan for these things in advance.

In slightly better news, the Gold Saucer shortcut that someone suggested was implemented and I've made some good progress on the game's  dialogue script, fixing minor errors in event scripts that I've noticed along the way. Next thing to do is Cid's new sidequest which starts from Rocket Town; it should be fairly easy & quick to implement. I'll probably have the item shop in Wall Market drop something else instead.

I've went and made Shinra Mansion a mandatory area, though. This is to set up a new event that takes place on Mt. Nibel; I imagine most people stop there to get Vincent anyway, but just a heads-up.

Hey Mr Chief, there was a mod in the works sometime back that used the gold saucers event square as a auction hall. Do something like that could be implemented into this mod. Like the one in FF9.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: 2016-01-13 16:33:12 »
Seems that for some reason 4x cut is using the half-damage penalty for being in the back row, even when equipped with a long-range weapon. I'm noticing the same thing with Barret.

Oh cool, you figured it out. Hopefully this is something Segabro can fix. \o/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: 2016-01-13 16:47:52 »

Another weird thing I've noticed is that Comet2 seems to miss quite often. Against most enemies it always seems to miss at least once, and bosses often evade half or more of the hits. The spell completely useless; it rarely outdamages Comet, yet costs almost twice as much MP.

I'll check the target flags for 4x-Cut; I think it uses it's own set rather than the weapon flags because unlike 2x-Cut it has that random target thing going on, if I remember right. I'll also revise Comet2 if it's not delivering on it's higher MP cost; I'll up the hits from 4 to 6, change the accuracy, and do some tests to get the base power right.

Hey Mr Chief, there was a mod in the works sometime back that used the gold saucers event square as a auction hall. Do something like that could be implemented into this mod. Like the one in FF9.

I've seen that, one of Cloudiar's works. The whole thing is part of a modding project he says will be ready in a year or two. I actually based my Yuffie recruitment scene in Kalm on his video of it; I had to recreate it from scratch though, because he hasn't released any of the materials. The only example of Cloudiar's actual scripting that's in a public domain is in Nightmare7, but a spat between him and that mod's author made him a little more cagey with releases.

Anyway, he accepted that the scene I'd built was my own work but asked me not to recreate any of his other scenes at least until his own mod was ready. That and I don't like auction houses anyhow.

If you're interested, here's his Yuffie Kalm scene: https://youtu.be/xG0PaxArpso

natepley

• View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: 2016-01-14 13:54:53 »
Hey Sega Chief!  I'm back!  Thanks for your help!  I'm enjoying reading about your progress and once 1.4 is out and I've got some time on my hands, I'll start another playthrough.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: 2016-01-14 15:49:42 »
Any chance of limit-break descriptions being updated in 1.4, by the way? :>
Also, Barret's Missing Score, any chance of simply reducing the benefit from AP to half, and restoring the 4 removed sockets?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: 2016-01-14 16:07:53 »
A problem with limit descriptions is that they're stored in the kernel, while the .EXE patch is completely separate from it. What I could do is bundle the .EXE Patch with an additional scene/kernel patch that updates the descriptions maybe.

As for Missing Score, that's something that would have to be done in the .EXE as well. The formulas are all held in there. I could run some tests to come up with an alternative that makes it safe to have an 8-slot Score again.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: 2016-01-14 16:25:28 »
Cheers for the quick response, always happy to see feedback being utilized. :>

1.4 Hyyyyype!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: 2016-01-14 19:55:20 »
Hey Sega Chief!  I'm back!  Thanks for your help!  I'm enjoying reading about your progress and once 1.4 is out and I've got some time on my hands, I'll start another playthrough.

Ah, missed that. Good to see you're back on Qhimm; Covarr sorted it out.

narf2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: 2016-01-14 20:10:46 »
Hi there.

I have played a lot to the NT mod and now I would like to try the custom mod that modify the values in the materia system.  The thing is that when I install it and then try to launch the game, Steam is automatically launched and I am redirected to the steam page of FF7.

Is this mod compatible with the version you can buy on Square Enix website or is it only with the Steam version?

I can't wait for version 1.4. You're doing an amazing job!

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: 2016-01-14 20:17:33 »
Ive asked alyza two times but she didnt know first time, second time she didnt answer, probably too busy working on new release. Maybe you could help answer this q. Can i ask you: is it possible to have teleportation ingame, built into nt mod? In bootleg there was trainer, in it one of the options was to teleport party into certain available areas of the game. Is it possible to bring that feature in?