Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 487125 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.40)
« Reply #625 on: 2014-11-27 10:18:34 »
@ Iros
Is it possible for you to edit the key bindings of the game? I suppose that these information are the ff7input.cfg. It would be nice to edit the keys or buttons of a controller before the games starts.

It would also be great if you can add native support for DLPB's Hext_Launch or allow 7H to use list of programs which it should start too.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-27 11:59:01 by Kaldarasha »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2014-12-18 21:42:05 »
What browser is everyone using to get this.  Internet and firefox seem to not like downloading from mega.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2014-12-19 10:02:17 »
I use Chrome.

darknil

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2014-12-20 17:02:29 »
Not sure what, precisely, triggered this. Deleted the /apps/roaming files and then tried again, but once I set up again, it started crashing again, same error.

Code: [Select]
_7thWrapperLib.IrosArcException: Signature mismatch
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.ArcHeader.Open(Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 84
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 302
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 80
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 152
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2014-12-21 12:53:54 »
@ Iros
Is it possible for you to edit the key bindings of the game? I suppose that these information are the ff7input.cfg. It would be nice to edit the keys or buttons of a controller before the games starts.

It would also be great if you can add native support for DLPB's Hext_Launch or allow 7H to use list of programs which it should start too.

Hm, do we know the file format of FF7input.cfg? If not we would need to work it out first...

List of programs to start as well: Do you mean as part of the 7H config (you have 'also launch' at the moment? Only one program, but could be extended to more than one?), or do you mean have a mod with a program inside that should be launched when the mod is active?

Not sure what, precisely, triggered this. Deleted the /apps/roaming files and then tried again, but once I set up again, it started crashing again, same error.

One of your IRO files is corrupt. I will improve the next version so it does not crash if this happens, until then, try moving some of your IRO files out of the 7H folder and see if you can work out which one is making it crash.

darknil

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2014-12-21 16:45:00 »
Ahh, that'd do it. Found a 0KB file, which seemed to be the issue. Thanks.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2014-12-24 04:19:15 »
Hm, do we know the file format of FF7input.cfg? If not we would need to work it out first...

List of programs to start as well: Do you mean as part of the 7H config (you have 'also launch' at the moment? Only one program, but could be extended to more than one?), or do you mean have a mod with a program inside that should be launched when the mod is active?

Seems to be that there is no information about the FF7input.cfg. It's editable with a text editor. But with no information on which position is which button and what the corresponding symbols are for the keys/controller button, there is no hope to ad this feature. So I would appreciate if some one would like to investigate it.

It would be enough to launch more programs as one at once.

Two other questions:
Is it possible to make the Iro mod packer as a standalone CMD tool for moders too. I won't need it and I'm not sure if there is a demand for that, but I could imagine that it could become in handy for those, who needs to have their own installers and are able with that to make an iro mod.
Specially if toughScript is needed for a text patch.

The other question is a bit simpler: Can you make an additional exe to launch the game right a way without the GUI? Would be handy for Steams Big Picture mod. 8)

Before I forget it: I have lost the overview of what 7H is cable to do. A list of the commands with a short description would be nice.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2014-12-24 20:50:35 »
My 7th heaven is acting wonky.  It is giving me this error when I try to launch the game:
System.MissingMethodException: The given user library does not export a proper Run(EasyHook.InjectionLoader+REMOTE_ENTRY_INFO, _7thWrapperLib.RuntimeProfile) method in the 'EasyHook.IEntryPoint' interface.
   at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.CreateAndInject(String InEXEPath, String InCommandLine, Int32 InProcessCreationFlags, String InLibraryPath_x86, String InLibraryPath_x64, Int32& OutProcessId, Object[] InPassThruArgs) in C:\Code\EasyHook-2.7.4761.0-Source\EasyHook\RemoteHook.cs:line 944
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.Launch(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 874
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 773
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2014-12-27 19:10:58 »
New version v1.41: https://mega.co.nz/#!SRVyQTIJ!40vn7Ol_94u_jLcy1J3LfmPmXPJHrWz4WAUhOvbRdmk

-Can list multiple programs for 'Also Launch' in config
-Fix crash when corrupt .iro file is in 7H folder - should show a proper error message
-Add some more command line parameters

@Kaldarasha: There are some command line parameters you can use with 7H:

/PROFILE:<profilename>  - loads a particular profile
/LAUNCH - launches FF7 as soon as 7H is loaded
/QUIT - quits 7H

They happen in the order you list them so:

7thHeaven.exe /LAUNCH /QUIT

will launch the game and then exit straight away.

7thHeaven.exe /PROFILE:AllMods /LAUNCH

will load the AllMods profile, launch the game, but not quit 7H.

@genesis063; I do not know what this problem is, perhaps try replacing your version of 7H with the new release and see if that helps? :/

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.41)
« Reply #634 on: 2014-12-28 21:36:54 »
I cannot get 7H to work on any audio files. I have made a ton of different folder structures to change the audio.dat, and any ogg in vgmstream.  I've also tried to replace individual ?.wav files in a folder named audio.dat. these are file structures that i cannot get to work

sound test/audio.fmt audio.dat
sound test/audio.fmt audio.dat/1.wav
sound test/sound/audio.fmt audio.dat
sound test/sound/audio.fmt audio.dat/1.wav

Music test/music/vgmstream/bat.ogg
Music test/vgmstream/bat.ogg
Music test/bat.ogg

replacement files have been tested and work independently of 7H, but are not applied using 7H over original files.

I have tested using versions 1.34, 1.35, 1.40, 1.41

I have also tested 2 iro files that are claimed to work, but not for me however. They both use the sound test/audio.fmt audio.dat format.

Here is a working Iro file for 7th Heaven as a demo:
https://mega.co.nz/#!jcV22RDC!TKG7GzYp1IIpM0v7SRnY2Yya3wz8ebPsXz6PBuYq1KY

Soundfx test iro(from Bootleg install)http://www.mediafire.com/download/zd44vodiidyexj2/sound+test.iro

This should also work, but doesn't

Music test iro(ff1 battle music looping ogg)http://www.mediafire.com/download/mc3mqalhza12adh/music+test.iro

Any help would be very appreciated.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2014-12-29 19:56:43 »
Unfortunately the new one doesn't work.  I think it is saying something about the library but I've deleted the cache and re-launched it and it keeps griping about it.  Also not sure if it is on my end but the catalog wont download sometimes.  I'll retry the download again and post what it says soon.  I am not sure why all this is coming up now usually my desktop does not have these issues.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2014-12-30 11:55:16 »

-Can list multiple programs for 'Also Launch' in config
-Fix crash when corrupt .iro file is in 7H folder - should show a proper error message
-Add some more command line parameters

@Kaldarasha: There are some command line parameters you can use with 7H:

/PROFILE:<profilename>  - loads a particular profile
/LAUNCH - launches FF7 as soon as 7H is loaded
/QUIT - quits 7H

They happen in the order you list them so:
7thHeaven.exe /LAUNCH /QUIT
will launch the game and then exit straight away.
7thHeaven.exe /PROFILE:AllMods /LAUNCH
will load the AllMods profile, launch the game, but not quit 7H.

So I simply need to make a shortcut with the destiny  ".../7thHeaven.exe /LAUNCH /QUIT" to start FF7 with mods straigth away? This better as I imagine it.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2015-01-02 19:22:19 »
Unfortunately the new one doesn't work.  I think it is saying something about the library but I've deleted the cache and re-launched it and it keeps griping about it.  Also not sure if it is on my end but the catalog wont download sometimes.  I'll retry the download again and post what it says soon.  I am not sure why all this is coming up now usually my desktop does not have these issues.

Yes, I will really need to see the exact error message before I can try and find out what is making the error happen!

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2015-01-06 18:38:14 »
I have a problem to modify a vanilla high-us.lgp (motorbike minigame). I can wrap files in a modified one but if the file is untouched the game crashes.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #639 on: 2015-01-16 14:33:26 »
Love what you guys are doing with 7th Heaven, keep it up 8)
« Last Edit: 2015-01-16 17:11:20 by seijuro »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #640 on: 2015-01-16 22:41:00 »
I can't get the patch tool to work now. I am getting multiple error popups followed by Windows needing to "close the program" due to crash.

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.CleanCache() in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 443
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.GetCache(DirectoryEntry e) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 501
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.GetBytes(String name) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 515
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosPatcher.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Create>b__5() in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 616
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.CompressWorkThread(Object param) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 223
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
« Last Edit: 2015-01-17 06:52:06 by EQ2Alyza »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2015-01-17 19:07:24 »
I have a problem to modify a vanilla high-us.lgp (motorbike minigame). I can wrap files in a modified one but if the file is untouched the game crashes.

Any change at all makes it crash? Do you have an example mod (and a savegame close to it would be useful!)

I can't get the patch tool to work now. I am getting multiple error popups followed by Windows needing to "close the program" due to crash.

OK, I have not seen this error on my PC, but I think I know from the error message what the cause is. Next version will have a fix that I hope will solve this.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2015-01-19 19:44:13 »
OK, update v1.42: https://mega.co.nz/#!GU9VAaDK!cARZj8QYJUzX5xlcWjnsDaokFJz4Ni8ZJCaXY7yzpLs

-Fix crash in patch tool, hopefully
-Fix crash on high-us.lgp file
-Fix crash when importing mod without required fields in mod.xml

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.42)
« Reply #643 on: 2015-01-19 20:16:48 »
OK, update v1.42: https://mega.co.nz/#!GU9VAaDK!cARZj8QYJUzX5xlcWjnsDaokFJz4Ni8ZJCaXY7yzpLs

-Fix crash in patch tool, hopefully
-Fix crash on high-us.lgp file
-Fix crash when importing mod without required fields in mod.xml

Thanks. Will give it a go tonight :)

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2015-01-19 22:55:49 »
Hey guys I posted these questions in another section but no luck, so hopefully I'll get some help here.
I’ve been trying to help install NT mod and all the HD mods on my buddies’ computer but I ran into a few problems though and I can’t figure out a solution as to how/why/etc... so I am in need of some help.

• Windows 7 Tower: Did a fresh uninstall and reinstall of FF7 and the latest 7H. Downloaded all the new mods via catalog subscriptions. Everything works great EXCEPT the field graphics mod (6.8GB one). I see it activated in the "Active Mods" list. In-game the field graphics are pixelated and looks like nothing happened/activated. I keep activating/deactivating it but…. nothing happens. Everything else works fine though.

• Macbook Pro bootcamp running Windows XP (yes really): The downloader keeps crashing on this machine when I’m downloading the field graphics update (once again, the 6.8GB one). Does OS have to do anything with the download?

OR

Is there a simple external link where I can just do a single download of the field graphics mod .IRO file, then after done downloading, just drag & drop inside the folder? I literally tried a bunch of times downloading it. When it gets to half way, the whole program crashes. If this method still works and I could just get an external link for this 6.8GB field texture file alone, that would be great.

• Game doesn’t load movies even though the path to movies is correct in the settings…. maybe my own error? I made sure path is correct.

• Is there a way to disable glitch error notifications in the game? Don't see a setting in the menu at all.

There's probably more but I'll get back to you guys. Thanks in advance.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 2015-01-20 04:16:55 »
It could be something to do with the Macbook and Boot Camp. I don't know though, never touched an Apple before. What all mods are activated besides Field Textures?

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2015-01-20 05:40:54 »
It could be something to do with the Macbook and Boot Camp. I don't know though, never touched an Apple before. What all mods are activated besides Field Textures?

All my setups, I have pretty much every mod activated except the custom red13 wolf model.

And Actually the Windows 7 tower is a native PC and wont load the field texture file even though it's successfully installed and downloaded.

The macbook with bootcamp can't even get the download to 100% before crashing. Do you happen to have a direct link where I can externally download the 6.8gb .iro field texture file on a browser and manually place the file myself?

ALSO! On ALL machines, Aeris' weapons are all white during battle when I choose mike+slayersnext in the weapons menu in 7H. If i choose Mike alone, or slayersnext alone, it shows up fine (is it all the weapons though?)

Hopefully we can figure all this out...

EDIT: Midgar highway bike game crashes before loading on the macbook with bootcamp. At least when you load the save there it takes you right to the Boss.

« Last Edit: 2015-01-20 18:09:52 by seijuro »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2015-01-21 04:58:12 »
@seijuro

You say this is for a friend? I assume then it's okay on your own computer, so you've got the files to provide for them in the mods\7th Heaven folder.

That's a bug on my end. I didn't compile the files correctly.

Motorbike Chase (Midgar and Gold Saucer) crash on all machines, but we've hopefully fixed it for 1.42. Looking into it still.

Can we move this discussion to the 7H Tutorial please? This thread is more for asking questions and bug fixing the tool. Also make sure to keep your questions in one spot rather than copy/paste the same thing in multiple threads.

@Iros

It looks like <ApplyPatch> is working, but I don't know how to get <Patch> to go. What it appears to do is download both the IRO and IROP at the same time, but since the IROP is smaller, it finishes first while the IRO finishes and installs afterwards. The IROP doesn't get applied though and remains in the temp folder as id_filename_patch0.iro.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Catalog xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <Mods>

## GAMEPLAY - DIFFICULTY AND STORY PATCH TEST
    <Mod>
      <ID>3caefc89-8908-4961-96cf-a2e7a7106a96</ID>
      <Author>Qhimm Modding Community</Author>
      <Link>http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0</Link>
      <LatestVersion>
        <Link>iros://MegaSharedFolder/#F!awJUhTqI!M-aUNnyOGn2wNenQXgjUEg,asRDDQYI,Gameplay - Difficulty and Story - v1.2.iro</Link>
        <Link>iros://GDrive/0B-Q_AObuWRSXX1NKOHZraHl4N3c</Link>

<ApplyPatch>iros://GDrive/0B-Q_AObuWRSXYVFMZ2ozbk0xUzA</ApplyPatch>

<ExtractSubFolder></ExtractSubFolder>
        <ExtractInto></ExtractInto>
        <Version>1.3</Version>
        <ReleaseDate>2015-01-20T00:00:00</ReleaseDate>
        <CompatibleGameVersions>All</CompatibleGameVersions>
        <PreviewImage>http://i.imgur.com/gOrwPYi.png</PreviewImage>
        <ReleaseNotes/>
        <DownloadSize>126976</DownloadSize>
      </LatestVersion>

<Patch VerFrom="1.2" VerTo="1.3">iros://GDrive/0B-Q_AObuWRSXYVFMZ2ozbk0xUzA</Patch>

<MetaVersion>22</MetaVersion>
      <Name>Gameplay - Difficulty and Story PATCH TEST</Name>
      <Description>Various mods that alter the gameplay difficulty and story.</Description>
      <Tags>
        <string>gameplay</string>
        <string>difficulty</string>
        <string>story</string>
      </Tags>
    </Mod>

</Mods>
</Catalog>

Also, it looks like MEGA downloads are always giving the Error Downloading message now. Could this be bandwidth related? Thankfully Google Drive has worked okay for the backup link so far.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-21 05:02:08 by EQ2Alyza »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2015-01-21 05:43:30 »
Motorbike Chase (Midgar and Gold Saucer) crash on all machines, but we've hopefully fixed it for 1.42. Looking into it still.

I can confirm that it is fixed now. :D

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2015-01-21 18:59:55 »
It looks like <ApplyPatch> is working, but I don't know how to get <Patch> to go. What it appears to do is download both the IRO and IROP at the same time, but since the IROP is smaller, it finishes first while the IRO finishes and installs afterwards. The IROP doesn't get applied though and remains in the temp folder as id_filename_patch0.iro.

Hm, can you clarify? ApplyPatch is the tag for having a patch that is applied to a fresh install, is that the one you are seeing does not work?

I tried your test catalog / mod now and it applies the patch OK for me - but it doesn't delete the patch file afterwards which I guess is not ideal! But it did actually apply the patch.

Also, it looks like MEGA downloads are always giving the Error Downloading message now. Could this be bandwidth related? Thankfully Google Drive has worked okay for the backup link so far.

Ah, this is actually a bug. They are not working for me either but I can fix this. I am not sure why they have suddenly stopped working really, but the code is definitely not correct - it was timing dependent (so might work or might not depending on how fast the Mega server was to respond). Next version will fix this.