Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 228734 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #100 on: 2011-02-24 14:51:52 »
nerdgasm

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2011-02-24 17:21:35 »
nice nice, the crotch looks a bit low, i'd pull it up a couple inches. also the shoulder pad - the outside edge, near the tip of the deltoid, should curve inwards, in that when the arm is against his side, the outside of the pad should be somewhat flat/verticle, yours goes out quite  abit, more like the AC shoulder pad. If you dont get what i mean i can do a mockup for ye.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2011-02-24 17:49:40 »
Mouth seems a tad off, but maybe it's just me.
Wouldn't it be better to finish the head/hair, all to the end with textures and whatsoever and then go for the body? One step at a time.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #103 on: 2011-02-24 19:16:24 »
Very Nice Work!!!!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2011-02-24 22:49:28 »
Mouth seems a tad off, but maybe it's just me.
Wouldn't it be better to finish the head/hair, all to the end with textures and whatsoever and then go for the body? One step at a time.

Of course since these are works in progress, it's not even close to finalized in my eyes yet. The mouth only needs to come in a bit in the corners. Lot's of fine detail type work, I'm mostly just getting it made first.

On finishing the head first...

I would, but with my hit and miss schedule it'd never get done! I have the "I run into something that doesn't work, try again, nope, don't like it... So I work on something else for now, and when i come back to it i have fresh eyes and better ideas" kinda thing going on. When i focus on one specific portion i have less productivity. Need to keep moving forward.

and Timu  ;) As always you are right, and as always it's something i agree with. But trust me, even though I'm still playing with the verts on the pelvis, it will look less weird when i model the belts.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2011-02-25 05:48:37 »
i forget, are yer arms stock, or do u intend to modify them - looking at the image, the arms seem kinda frail for cloud. he has epic arms, particularly in the deltoid region. (his deltoids seem to overlap his shoulder joint :P

Castiel107

« Reply #106 on: 2011-03-03 23:51:04 »
AMAZING!!!!! :D I can't wait!!!

Shuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2011-03-27 07:22:03 »
Um, any news?

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2011-03-27 17:59:45 »
Um, any news?

Modelling is a very time consuming process, not to mention the authors and artists here on this forum have lives of their own. Just be patient my friend. I am sure we would all rather have him take his time and give us a quality release.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2011-03-27 19:17:09 »
In between being a dad and a full-time student with a full-time job, I tend not to have very much free time lately  :) Well.. when I get it I tend to sleep! That is... when he's not slappin me in the face and pulling on my mustache while I'm laying there  ;D

<Off topc>

But, if you want to see what I look like as a low poly and badly rigged model, that's just one of the projects I've been working on for school: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-t9_kmQi-Y

Rigged and animated in less than an hour! (I know I can do better) The better version will follow eventually, but I'm gonna shelf this particular project for now. And yes... That's exactly what I look like ;)

</Off topic>

I plan on tackling Cloud real soon, and now that I know Zbrush real good, I can sculpt some pretty sweet normal maps, it'll add a new flavor overall to Cloud, and hopefully for the better. We'll see.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2011-03-27 19:24:18 »
Nice video. Glad to see you are still planning to work on the cloud model, especially since the driver handles normal maps now.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2011-03-27 19:39:41 »
Thanks bud  ;) Also be sure that once Cloud is done I'll have more to show than just the model in game, I plan on all kinds of animations for youtube, and high quality renders.

Plus that's my song I wrote and recorded in the video in my last post, I do that too  ;)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2011-04-01 07:10:02 »
Nice video. Glad to see you are still planning to work on the cloud model, especially since the driver handles normal maps now.

Do we have any screen shots of the normals working in-game on Aali's driver? I'm more than used to working with and generating them, but I'm curious as to how and where they work in the game. Battle mode I would assume. Wouldn't be worth it too much in the field. Well... I'm sure the dramatically lit scenes would be interesting...

Also... I forget  ;D Are spec maps implemented as well?

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2011-04-01 12:48:22 »
Here's a video of normal and specular mapping in action:

http://85.24.185.102/share/normal_map_hires.avi

Millenia made those maps for me to test with.

The video was recorded on a crappy builtin intel card so the quality is pretty bad but you get the idea.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2011-07-06 23:40:27 »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Well it's my thread darnit! and I suppose this is kinda news...

Since the last time I even open my project files I've learned dynamic clothing and hair simulation and I've also 70% mastered zbrush and it's handy (Do what used to take me days and now it takes me minutes) techniques that zbrush allows me to do. This I believe will create a better more accurate product for your fanboy delight!

Here's just one of the things I've done with this new knowledge:

I'll try to work on this TONIGHT!!!! Let's see how much I get done.

Plus my inbox is full of messages like these:
Hi, plix video youtube cloud: dirge of cerberus battle mod?

I don't know what to say about most of these, sorry that I don't reply guys!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2011-07-06 23:54:52 »
Wow impressive work apz. Glad to see you back.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2011-07-07 00:12:51 »
It's alive, IT'S ALIVE, good to see you haven't forgotten about us.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2011-07-07 00:33:40 »
No just that feeling that I broke a promise :(  But I haven't forgot. I want this done as much as you do I swear! But I'm in the last year of art school and it's intense, plus having a less-than-1 year old doesn't help my productivity much! I have less time than ever for personal projects

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2011-07-07 09:19:35 »
Here's just one of the things I've done with this new knowledge:

Tyler Durden?  :P

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2011-07-07 12:01:35 »
Yes Tyler Durden  :D Although I never got around to the hair. Duplicating Edward Norton and Brad Pitt circa 1999 and building their clothes, rigging and carving blends shapes based on their expressions is allot of work! It never came close to completion and I'll sit on it until I get the nerve to tackle them again... At least now I'm a matchmoving genius! And I've even discovered a way to use Autodesks Matchmover and two camera's to make a very VERY cheap motion capture. Particularly I'm interested in using this for rapidly fast facial motion capture, Cause having a face rig is just easier than blend shaping it all... But blendshapes can be more accurate, it all depends on who built the rig and who's animating them on which is easier.

Okay champs. He's THIS close to being ready to port into zbrush to do it's impossible magic. It's a thousand time easier to paint the detail on after laying out the uv's on it's simpler mesh. And the ability to just... PAINT on the model its self!? (Okay 3DS Max 2011 had a baddass feature that does this too, like photoshop in your modeler, but zbrush can do it even if you don't have your uv's laid yet!) And well... You guys want normal maps, I'll give ya normals maps, Freakin badd@$$ ones! Even so, I'll bake some Ambient Occlusion and some simple shadows cause it'll add a layer of believability and style. A normal map alone doesn't replicate dynamic shadows, or reflective properties.

Yes guys I know what I'm doing, it just takes... time to do!  ;) And I'm so stretched!

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2011-07-09 02:41:02 »
We waited this long, we can wait a bit more. We just need it finished, if it's in 2015  :roll:

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2011-07-12 11:33:26 »
My base mesh with base colors before any sculpting, with additional ornaments that'll be used to bake normals.

I'm keepin the head a surprise until it's textured  ;)

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2011-07-12 11:47:53 »
Looking sexy. Judging by the hair spikes, it'll be a nice head :P
Hopefully you can get a good face (eyes, mouth, nose), Cloud version from TA was nice but i didnt like the face much or the colours, there was too much saturation in the hair for example  :| (imo).

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2011-07-12 12:30:18 »
Very nice. I would be interested in seeing if a high poly version would work in game. I know many people have the hardware to run it.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2011-07-12 12:42:28 »
The real question, is could the game engine handle a model with potentially hundreds of thousands of polygons.