Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 351625 times)

Crestian

• View Profile
Re: [FF8-steam] Character texture replacement
« Reply #50 on: 2014-10-30 20:07:51 »
Shun
Of course! I just didn't know if someone could easily slap them in or not hehe. I did see, on one of the squall textures, that you provided, a gun blade texture on its top part. I merged my revolver texture over that portion of the map and it seemed to work. I just couldn't get a good shot of it because I'm guessing its for one of rare occasions Squall pulls his weapon out not in battle.

But for anyone else message me if you want the models and their original base textures to rip apart yourselves I have most of them. With any luck, we might need to make a new thread for texture critiques soon!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: 2014-10-30 20:58:40 »
@Crestian

I would say to keep working on those weapons and post a new topic for them here in the Graphical Mods section. Eventually the hashmaps will be made, but it will take time since the mods themselves are pouring in quicker than the amount of people we currently have working to get them ingame.

Be patient and don't quit :)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #52 on: 2014-10-30 22:45:29 »
So much progress for VIII just blows your head off!!! Keep it up everyone! Looking forward for my next guide update!!! ;)

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2014-10-30 23:03:59 »
Shun
Of course! I just didn't know if someone could easily slap them in or not hehe. I did see, on one of the squall textures, that you provided, a gun blade texture on its top part. I merged my revolver texture over that portion of the map and it seemed to work. I just couldn't get a good shot of it because I'm guessing its for one of rare occasions Squall pulls his weapon out not in battle.

But for anyone else message me if you want the models and their original base textures to rip apart yourselves I have most of them. With any luck, we might need to make a new thread for texture critiques soon!

Tested your metal knuckle texture it works, had to edit it a bit so it fit properly. If you want suggestions to improve it I would say round the metal corners and use a shiny metal texture to make it look more realistic. Good job so far though  8)

trrz

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2014-10-31 13:23:05 »
>Wait a little longer
Ok. It's just such an improvement against the original, I can't go back to the old models anymore.
First post teased selphie and zed as well, but only Squall was available for download.

Thanks for your great work, making the one of best FF timeless.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2014-11-06 02:07:08 »
Please keep us updated on any progress.

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2014-11-06 16:41:33 »
Shunsq are you going to share your hash program, so we can help find them. Only having 1 person do it will take forever

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2014-11-06 21:14:19 »
Yagami Light,
Here is the .exe i've created :Berrymapper
It's a little console program that reads the content of Berrymapper.exe/INPUT and converts it to hashcode in the OUTPUT folder.

Everyone, can you test the program?

You just have to put in /INPUT all the files you extracted from Tonberry.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-06 21:22:33 by Shunsq »

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2014-11-07 10:28:51 »
So how do we find out what to name the files after they have been hashed

EDIT: Ok got it working the obj map gave me 2 sets of hashes, I used one of them and it seems to work. To get the names all I did was use deling to extract the relevant files and use psicture to find out the names by saving each palette.

EDIT2: Ok seems they use the same name for every palette, dont know what to do now
« Last Edit: 2014-11-07 11:19:27 by Yagami Light »

Shunsq

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2014-11-07 11:25:52 »
You name the textures as you like, it doesn't matter. As there are tons of textures i use another program to rename properly all the textures (search for "ant renamer" ). In objmap.csv the first code matches the top left textures, the other code matches the bottom left texture.
My program creates both hash codes for character textures and menu/worldmap/field textures.

K43SJ

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2014-11-22 18:33:10 »
Hello everyone !
Here, I remake shirt of Selphia . I hope everybody love it. Sorry my english bad because i'm vietnamese   :-D
Special, thank you very much Shunsq for mod textures character

Link download textures :
Code: [Select]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B965guF9-5ugRWNwV3BPSTlCWWM/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: 2014-11-22 19:18:58 by K43SJ »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #61 on: 2014-11-23 01:28:48 »

That is the cutest thing anyone has ever done for FFVIII! :) Well done!

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #62 on: 2014-11-23 11:06:37 »
Hello everyone !
Here, I remake shirt of Selphia . I hope everybody love it. Sorry my english bad because i'm vietnamese   :-D
Special, thank you very much Shunsq for mod textures character

Link download textures :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B965guF9-5ugRWNwV3BPSTlCWWM/view?usp=sharing

That was unexpected O.O
I'd never thought I'd say this kind of things in FFVIII... definitely, this is amazing. Just a few months ago, the character texture modding was just a dream, and now it's happening hahaha

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2014-11-23 12:10:27 »
When it comes to remastering the textures is it just a case of getting the textures, opening them in Photoshop and remaking them? Because that's something I can do if anyone's willing to send me the textures. I only know a little bit about 3D right now and it's Cinema 4D which probably isn't helpful here, but Photoshop I can do!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2014-11-23 13:31:25 »
Awesome shirt, is it possible to get these textures into the battlemodels?

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2014-11-23 13:42:02 »
Awesome shirt, is it possible to get these textures into the battlemodels?

That exact ones? Nope, the field textures and battle textures are different ones. We'd need to hash the battle texture and design its own one.

By the way, I can hash some textures for you guys, I've been making some tests and I think I got it. A sample pic:

As you can see it's just a placeholder, I'm not good at graphic design so I won't even try it xD

@Shunsq, your Berrymapper works like a charm, by the way.

Shunsq

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2014-11-23 15:08:59 »
2014-11-23: Hashmap updated
As said in the first post sq means squall, se selphie and ze zell. As for the suffix:
**l is lowpoly
**body is the body texture
**head is the head
***t means the texture is in the top corner instead of the bottom corner
***b means the texture is in the bottom corner instead of the top corner

@K43SJ: what a funny idea! It doesn't shock me at all. ;D
@JeMaChehi: Thank you for using Berrymapper. It's possible to change worldmap textures, you just have to try. On a side note i may change the name of the program to something like "tonberry-mapper" which is more clear.

I just stumbled accross something interesting minutes ago: you can replace lowpoly models with highpoly models thanks to Deling . I replaced lowpoly squall with highpoly squall in main_chr.fs. Indeed the lowpoly and highpoly models have the same bone architecture so you can swap the models as you want. The animations are stored elsewhere( maybe in chara.one).
But beware: create a copy of main_chr.fi/fl/fs and field.fi/fl/fs in a secured directory before doing any modification of those files!
« Last Edit: 2014-11-23 15:28:02 by Shunsq »

JeMaCheHi

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2014-11-23 15:24:08 »
@K43SJ: what a funny idea! It doesn't shock me at all. ;D
@JeMaChehi: Thank you for using Berrymapper. It's possible to change worldmap textures, you just have to try. On a side note i may change the name of the program to something like "tonberry-mapper" which is more clear.

I just stumbled accross something interesting minutes ago: you can replace lowpoly models with highpoly models thanks to Deling . I replaced lowpoly squall with highpoly squall in main_chr.fs. Indeed the lowpoly and highpoly models have the same bone architecture so you can swap the models as you want. The animations are stored elsewhere( maybe in chara.one).
But beware: create a copy of main_chr.fi/fl/fs and field.fi/fl/fs in a secured directory before doing any modification of those files!

@Shunsq: I really like "Berrymapper", "Berry" comes from "Ton-Berry", isn't it?

About model replacing, we'd appreciate if you explain it in a little more depth. I was trying some months ago to replace character textures with Deling with no success... [OFFTOPIC]However, the scripting features are so fun![/OFFTOPIC]

EDIT: I'm stupid I answered into the quotation xD
« Last Edit: 2014-11-23 15:53:13 by JeMaCheHi »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2014-11-23 15:31:08 »
Hey Shunsq, I've been using your tool placing all different palettes files from Tonberry's debug foder in "input" and Berrymapper is generating the exact same code for all files... What am I missing; how does it work exactly ?

Shunsq

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2014-11-23 15:37:12 »
It merely means that all the files have the same hash codes. Even if you have different palettes, if their grayscales are the same then their hash codes are the same too. So far Omzy (or any coder) didn't implement an algorithm that see the differences between the palettes. I would do if i succeeded compiling tonberry but i can't :'(

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2014-11-23 16:02:14 »
Thanks, hopefully you'll implement the algorithm you're looking for.

How did you find the different codes for all icon.tex palettes for SeeD reborn ? I was looking at re-insert the critical (yellow) and K.O. (red) status for the iconfr hasmap files...

Shunsq

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2014-11-23 16:25:29 »
I think i don't understand what you want...But i'll try to answer.
People here(yourself, Mcindus,....) sent me all the palettes for icon.tex. Tonberry generates a .bmp each time it sees a texture that is not listed in hash1map.csv. In fact it doesn't see the difference between two different palettes but it knows that their common grayscale is not listed.
I then put all the palettes into Berrymapper.exe/INPUT/ and launch berrymapper.exe. It will generate hashmap.csv and objmap.csv. For the menu you only need hashmap.csv. If multiple hash codes are identic it means that their sources can't be distinguished by tonberry. While playing the game it's the first one listed in hash1map.csv that will be inserted into the game, the other ones will be ignored.
I will repeat myself but you can use 1 palette with different icon colors. For exemple in the "yellow" texture you can color the death icon in red.

Shunsq

• View Profile
Re: [FF8-steam] Character texture & model replacement
« Reply #72 on: 2014-11-23 20:01:25 »

How to switch lowpoly and highpoly models?
As i said earlier  it is possible to change the field models from lowpoly to highpoly.

If someone wants to test this with other models here is a description of all the .mch:
#name,character,definition,version
d000,squall,low,casual
d001,squall,high,casual
d002,squall,low,uniform
d003,squall,high,uniform
d004,squall,high,casual
d005,squall,high,graduate
d006,squall,high,casual
d007,squall,low,casual with weapon
d008,NONE,NONE,NONE
d009,zell,low,casual
d010,zell,high,casual
d011,zell,low,uniform
d012,zell,high,uniform
d013,NONE,NONE,NONE
d014,zell,high,graduate
d015,irvine,low,casual
d016,irvine,low,casual
d017,irvine,high,casual
d018,quistis,low,casual
d019,quistis,high,casual
d020,quistis,low,uniform
d021,quistis,high,uniform
d022,rinoa,high,ballroom dress
d023,rinoa,high,ballroom dress
d024,rinoa,low,casual
d025,rinoa,high,casual
d026,rinoa,high,casual with accessory
d027,selphie,low,casual
d028,selphie,high,casual with weapon
d029,selphie,low,uniform
d030,selphie,high,graduate
d031,NONE,NONE,NONE
d032,seifer,low,casual
d033,seifer,high,casual
d034,seifer,low,casual with weapon
d035,seifer,high,casual with weapon
d036,seifer,low,worn out
d037,seifer,high,casual with weapon
d038,NONE,NONE,NONE
d039,NONE,NONE,NONE
d040,edea,low,with mask
d041,edea,low,casual
d042,edea,high,casual
d043,laguna,low,casual
d044,laguna,low,uniform
d045,kiros,low,casual
d046,kiros,low,uniform
d047,ward,low,casual
d048,ward,low,uniform
d049,squall,high,with bandage
d050,quistis,low,uniform
d051,rinoa,low,casual
d052,squall,low,casual
d053,squall,low,with bandage
d054,kid squall,low,kid
d055,kid zell,low,kid
d056,kid irvine,low,kid
d057,kid selphie,low,kid
d058,kid quistis,low,kid
d059,kid seifer,low,kid
d060,space suit,low,blue version
d061,space suit,low,red version
d062,space suit,low,red and green version
d063,space suit,low,blue version
d064,space suit,low,blue version
d065,seifer,low,casual
d066,soldier,low,uniform
d067,soldier,low,uniform
d068,soldier,low,uniform
d069,soldier,low,uniform
d070,soldier,low,uniform
d071,laguna,low,mayor
d072,kiros,low,counselor
d073,ward,low,counselor
d074,edea,low,normal
d075,rinoa,low,casual

« Last Edit: 2014-11-23 21:24:10 by Shunsq »

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2014-11-23 20:34:34 »
I just stumbled accross something interesting minutes ago: you can replace lowpoly models with highpoly models thanks to Deling . I replaced lowpoly squall with highpoly squall in main_chr.fs.
I don't think that's safe. When I was doing some high-texture model tests last year, I found that too many model textures can cause graphical glitches. The cube model I showed in that thread was an extreme case of extra textures, but just a few can glitch up cutscenes sometimes. For example, Edea's scene in the Timber studio, and the scene after the prison.

Yagami Light

• View Profile
Re: [FF8-steam] Character texture & model replacement
« Reply #74 on: 2014-11-23 21:51:34 »
Shunsq I got the high poly model working but like Vehek said it will cause graphical glitches heres an example I found going to the infirmarys bed area and coming back out, selphies textures gets put onto the Dr's model.