Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PSX/PC] DelingScript

(1/3) > >>

Shard:
So, I'm making a tool primarily for my use in editing FF8 field scripts that will transform the assembly-like instructions from Deling into a more workable format. I'll be uploading unfinished versions to get feedback and bug reports.

DelingScript v0.3

Instructions
Run the jar file, put the Deling assembly code on the right, click the left arrow.

Lines with _ before them have no conversion yet. Someday they all will. Right now over half the opcodes are supported.

Current features:

* Converts Deling's assembly-like code to a format with syntax similar to C/Java/Python etc.
* Converts the script-like syntax back to assembly. Supports all functions.

* Removes redundant jumps and labels.
* Removes some dead script code.
* Allows comments
* Customizable function names (for all you non-English people).
Planned features:

* Ability to click or highlight a function and get documentation for what it does.
* Syntax Highlighting.
It's in early development, so post any features or suggestions you want to see out of it. ALso post any bugs you find, because we all want it to be bug free when it's done.

Halfer:
That's actually pretty handy, since there are already a lot of info about OPcodes, maybe you should add like a hover thing on the codes that also tells what parameters needs to be added. That would fasten workflow while writing new scripts! :)

Sega Chief:
Translated Op Codes for the FF8 field editor would be great; would be very interested in testing/using it. Is there a compiled list of the translated OpCodes for FF8's field script kept anywhere? I looked at the Wiki, but it seems a bit vague with a lot of them.

paul:
I had a project that was going to be used for QGears like this:

https://github.com/paulsapps/SUDM

Getting the decompilation step correct is quite difficult though.

Shard:

--- Quote from: Sega Chief on 2015-12-22 14:56:01 ---Translated Op Codes for the FF8 field editor would be great; would be very interested in testing/using it. Is there a compiled list of the translated OpCodes for FF8's field script kept anywhere? I looked at the Wiki, but it seems a bit vague with a lot of them.

--- End quote ---
Was it this one? That's the most complete list of them. I was able to document about half of them before I lost my mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version