Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PC Remaster] zzzDeArchive 0.1.7.5 - Can extract, create, or merge zzz files.

(1/7) > >>

Sebanisu:
https://github.com/Sebanisu/zzzDeArchive/releases

I made mine to give a little menu and ask for paths to files/folders. Completely command line, very simple, quick. When creating a zzz archive wait for it to exit, and it defaults to out.zzz. Then you can rename and copy that where you want.

I credit Maki for reversing it, I just made the code in c#. Post an issue on github if you have any issues. I had originally posted this as part of the OpenVIII project. Though to make a release I thought it should be stand alone.

Update: Sept-4-2019  I added some code to the end where it now opens the folder where the out.zzz is after it's created. Same with extraction it'll now open that folder for you.
Update: Sept-5-2019  I added the ability to merge two zzz files and some command line support.
Update: Sept-10-2019 Fixed a bug in merge.
Update: Sept-14-2019 Fixed a bug or 2. And added SHA1 verification for after making the zzz.
Update: Sept-15-2019 Added warning message if adding files and not replacing during merge.
Update: Sept-16-2019 Multi-file merges. It will increment the out.zzz if there is a write lock.
Update: Sept-18-2019 New Windows GUI and logging.
Update: Sept-20-2020 Mostly bug fixes and new exceptions to prevent the wrong things from happening.

See also: qt-zzz http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19206.0

Yagami Light:
Extracting works but where does the out.zzz file appear when making a new zzz file ? Cant seem to find it

Sebanisu:
It should be in the folder with the zzzDeArchive.exe

I'll update the the code to say where it is on the screen. Before it exits. I'm wondering if I can open the folder. Encase you had it closed. I'll look into that. (Update: Done and Done new build on github)

Yagami Light:
Thanks, it was inside the debug folder

IFireflyl:
Works great! I already imported McIndus' Triple Triad card map into my game.  8-)

EDIT: You might consider adding some sort of "press any key to exit" option for the command window that pops up. If I'm hyper focused I can see where it's saying something about the output file location before the window automatically closes. But most people will miss it. Just a suggestion.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version