Author Topic: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5 - unsuported anymore  (Read 385003 times)

casedistorted

• View Profile
Hello,

I managed to get the Steam version of this lovely mod installed and working.  I started using a save file I had previously at the very first save point, and when I get pulled into a random encounter before the first Scorpion Bot Boss it seems the 3d models in battle are running in slow motion. 

Maybe this has been answered before and I will see if I can find the answer somewhere (using different options in the mod doesn't seem to fix it except when turning on 30fps battle BETA), but all the character animations are moving very slowly while everything else is running normally (menu, music, sound).  Not sure how to fix this exactly while running this mod? 

Of course when I run the game unmodded everything is fine, so it seems like maybe a bug.  I am running the English version, I also tested the Steam achievements enabled and that worked which was my biggest sticking point when finding a good working mod set. 

Edit:  I am wondering if I should have cloud saves enabled when playing this game through Steam or just leave them off?  I like the idea of Cloud saving in case I lose all my files somehow but the Square Enix Launcher is weird and deletes previous saves if you turn on Cloud Saving, even if you put your save files copied over afterwards.

Also, I am assuming this mod has no better english translated or changed script and is the original version?  Sorry for having several questions, it would be cool to include the option to enable one of the redone english translation scripts out there if it's not already in the mod just to try it out, since this is excellent work so far and also keeps those achievs enabled at the same time =D 

Thanks for being so awesome and updating things frequently, really appreciate all the hard work.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-10 09:50:34 by casedistorted »

kstarr719

• View Profile
Hey Satsuki, this mod looks dope. Any idea how to get it to work with the Steam Deck? I was able to download and install it on the linux desktop but can't get it to run from the launcher in the steam os. Not sure if you've had a chance to look at this.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@casedistorted
As you're the only one to report this bug i assume it's related to your computer.
Witch cpu/gpu do you own ?

@kstarr719
I wich i own a steam deck so i can test it and found a way to use my AIO pack with it (to much money for me ATM).

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
How did you use the Ironite tool? Did you run it with wine? And are you using FFNX as well?

Hey what's up dude? So I did use Ironite with wine. Inside the Data folder, there's IrosArc.exe, I had to launch that. Ironite itself wouldn't work. From there I could navigate to the packed directory and unpack the iros into the unpacked directory. Make sure you read the xml files to see how 7th heaven would handle things. You'll have to do stuff manually. This works with mods mods, but there's some out there that do memory editing of the main ff7.exe, during runtime, those mods won't work. At least I haven't figured out how to modify the memory addresses during runtime. I guess I could always hard patch the ff7.exe. I'd have to figure out how to do that first. Only the iro of new threat gave me issues like that though. Satsuki's textures don't have any memory editing.

If you're gonna use New Threat, I always install it last, since I'm using the new threat standalone, it hardpatches stuff in the main data directory. I think there might some conflict with New Threat and Satsuki though. I know the button prompts don't work.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using the canary of FFNX. I've had trouble getting its vulkan backend working, so I default to directx11. I use Lutris as a wine prefix manager. I can do dll overrides from there.
« Last Edit: 2022-04-21 15:48:34 by TheDrifter363 »

kstarr719

• View Profile
@satsuki

I hear you, the deck is an expensive toy to be sure. I will keep messing around and if I have success, I will post what steps I took here. If anyone else has luck, please post how you got the AIO mod to work on your steam deck with vanilla FF7. Thanks!

tbcam88

• View Profile
Amazing work as ever Satsuki... I've just reinstalled/started playing your mod for the first time in two or three years, the various improvements and functions added since are pretty stellar!

One issue; the speed hack controller shortcut (L2+R2+Left/Right) doesn't seem to work for me? It's worth noting all other controller shortcuts listed work just fine and as intended. Any ideas?  :-\

Thanks again for your tireless contribution on making one of the greatest games ever made so enjoyable to play through time and time again all these many years later - you're a God among men, Sir!  ;D

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
...One issue; the speed hack controller shortcut (L2+R2+Left/Right) doesn't seem to work for me? It's worth noting all other controller shortcuts listed work just fine and as intended. Any ideas?  :-\
If you are using 60 fps mode + vsync enabled, and if you have a 60 fps display, the speedhack will be invisible because capped at 60hz
Do you have any speedhack message enable/disable onscreen when you use the shortcuts ?

tbcam88

• View Profile
If you are using 60 fps mode + vsync enabled, and if you have a 60 fps display, the speedhack will be invisible because capped at 60hz
Do you have any speedhack message enable/disable onscreen when you use the shortcuts ?

I'm not using 60 FPS mode but I do have vsync enabled (see below). I tried disabling this but it didn't make any difference. And, no, the speed hack notification doesn't appear on screen when inputting the command. Strange, as all other commands seem to do so as normal when pressed.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
try with the keyboard shorcut, it may be related to your gamepad (some gamepad use the same axis for l2 and r2 so you can't realy use l2+r2)

tbcam88

• View Profile
try with the keyboard shorcut, it may be related to your gamepad (some gamepad use the same axis for l2 and r2 so you can't realy use l2+r2)

Yep - works fine using keyboard! Must be the shared axis on my PS3 pad triggers as you say...  :)

Damn. This mod is by far the ultimate way to experience FFVII, can't thank you enough for all the hard work! The only thing I'd perhaps suggest is the ability to skip some of the very long and drawn out scenes in the game. Ones which are purely narrative based and contain nothing but continuous dialogue for some time. The Nibelheim flashback that takes place in Kalm for example, or the lengthy scene in which Cloud and Tifa are trapped in the lifestream trying to piece his memory back together.

I played the New Thread mod a year or two ago and this gave you a prompt at the beginning of each allowing you to skip forward and get on with the game if so preferred. It was a welcome addition for somebody who as often goes back to replay this masterpiece as myself.  :D

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
you can't add skip for some scenes without massive editing the flevel game scripts, i won't do this, it's not the goal of this pack

tbcam88

• View Profile
No probs man, thanks again and keep up the great work!  8)

Ascender

• View Profile
These sets of mods have been great, I only have an issue that I can't seem to fix without disabling the Field Textures, but some backgrounds are just all black. So far the only scenes in black have been the Scene after the party jumps off the train in Midgar, the Climbing sequence before entering Shinra HQ, and the most recent is the town of Junon. Im not too miffed about turning off the mod temporarily but i'd like to figure out What Could be causing it.

Here is an image of the mods I am using with the load order: https://imgur.com/a/wz53dRJ

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
This bug isn't related to my textures as it's working great in my AIO pack.
So it's related to some 7th setting or to another iro.

If you use only my fields texture without any other mods, do you have the same issue ?

trizzNPH

• View Profile
Fellow Steam Deckhand here, trying to get the mod installed with Proton with no luck. Obviously the installer doesn't recognize Linux file paths, but FFVII is installed in .local/share/Steam/etc. etc.

Is there a non installer package around/that can be put together? I'd love to try this mod out but with the installer being so restrictive as it is there's simply no way to use it on Linux. I know it's a pretty shallow use case all things considered but I would be very appreciative to get any sort of response! Thanks!

Ascender

• View Profile
Oh hey, I went ahead and reinstalled your mods one by one from your site, instead of installing from mod tab inside 7th Heaven itself, and the black screen problem has seemed to have fixed itself. Thanks  for your mod, sorry for the trouble!
« Last Edit: 2022-05-01 01:59:11 by Ascender »

EZ 724

• View Profile
Having a slight problem, anybody else notice that turning on animations actually turns them off on some fields? So with animations set to Full, Recommended, or Light I get animations on every field (that I've played on so far) except after defeating Motorball at the end of the Midgar section. With animations on there are no flashing lights on that field, with animations set to no change the flashing lights appear, but then I have no animations on every other field. I've tried with 60fps on, 30fps on, and OG fps. Loving the mod so far, was just disappointed with that scene, haven't played
too much past that point to see if it happens in other places yet. 2 other things I've noticed is a texture over Cloud when entering Hojo's specimen tank, and the door stays shut on the vehicle that takes you to the golden saucer. Thank you for what you do Satsuki!
« Last Edit: 2022-05-02 22:52:46 by EZ 724 »

minico

• View Profile
Hi, i just downloaded the game in steam, the version is correct 1.0.9 steam english.
downloaded the [TSUNAMODS]FF7.SYW.V5.60.installer.exe package, but when i try to install it it says that is not the vanilla version, what should i do?
thank you

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@EZ 724
i'll test about the motorball stuff asap, could you take a video of both ?
the other report are vanilla game bugs, not related to my pack ^^

@minico
delete the steam ff7 folder and download it again

minico

• View Profile

@minico
delete the steam ff7 folder and download it again

I already tried uninstalling it and installed again from steam, should i delete the folder manually in the path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII ?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
yes delete the folder to remove thrid party file

coflash

• View Profile
Is there a list of mods that are compatible with this one? Eg: any gameplay mods to make things more challenging?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Is there a list of mods that are compatible with this one? Eg: any gameplay mods to make things more challenging?
As said in the 1° page, this pack is an AIO, it's not designed to be modded.
If you want to mod more, go to the 7t way with the iro i provide as a base

coflash

• View Profile
Yes, I understand that, and I'm not asking for support. I am asking users of your mod if they know which are compatible to save installing a dozen or so for no reason. If not, I'd be more than happy to start a list myself.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-14 10:36:36 by coflash »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Yes, I understand that, and I'm not asking for support. I am asking users of your mod if they know which are compatible to save installing a dozen or so for no reason. If not, I'd be more than happy to start a list myself.
OOB no mod is compatible with my AIO pack, it's a self sufisant pack, it's not designed to be modded, if you try to mod it you'll probably breack it ;)
« Last Edit: 2022-05-14 18:08:04 by satsuki »