Final Fantasy 7 > FF7 Tools

[FF7] Intended FFVII Editor - Aeris (2007-01-23)

(1/5) > >>

The SaiNt:
Well it isn't actually an editor at the moment, just really a test of some field background loading code.
Just needed some people to test it to tell me what other problems there are with the field background code.
It should fix several problems that exist in most if not all the other field background loading projects (since they're all based on Qhimm's code) out there.
If things works out fine, I'll release some documentation so everyone else can implement it.

http://forums.qhimm.com/The_SaiNt/Aeris.rar

Synergy Blades:
Nifty; haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it sounds like a perfect complement to Meteor, since I could make it as a plugin.

[Edit]Hmm, can't get the archive to open in Linux, will try it again when I get home (Windows). Did you figure out how a character is able to walk both in front and behind a portion of background, depending on their z-coordinate? I had tested out one of the unknowns which I thought was a sort of "z-axis" for the background, but couldn't find a specific pattern to it.

[Edit2].NET? I need to get the latest version of the framework apparently...

halkun:
I'm more intrested in wondering if you were able to get the color palettes fixed so that there were no "drop outs" in color and also if the "spanning" field files (ztruck) have been fixed.

The SaiNt:
You'll need .NET 2.0 runtime to get it running.
Also, the Upper / Lower Plain checkboxes have been disabled on purpose, since I'm still in the midst of debugging them.

halkun:

--- Quote from: The SaiNt on 2006-10-04 14:59:28 ---You'll need .NET 2.0 runtime to get it running.
--- End quote ---

That excludes me, It's amusing that Microsoft would make a cross-platfrom bytecode system, and then not make is cross-platfrom

And mono doesn't cut it. C#, as microsoft sees it, requires windows.forms. Which ties it to win32 anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version